Locker Room Renovation Underway

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
dude. Serious? you ever been to any visitor lockerooms in big stadiums across the land with super money? They are junk. Its what you do to your visitors.
Never knew I was a dude. Who wears levis and sneakers. But in a lot of them, nope, In some, yes, and at the least they have been okay. Have not been in Tech's. My point is pretty simple: if you want to run a class operation, as GT always says it does, then that includes the visitors. Makes no difference to me as those days are behind me. Tech's reputation is up to GT.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If you look up the Clemson Tiger paw, on flags or stickers or anything of that sort, you will see that the two primary colors for most of their branding are orange and white. Purple is a tertiary color. They primarily use it as trim on their uniforms except for the rare all purple uniforms. Fans wear orange and white to greater than 98% at their games. There are always the random people who will wear purple, but that is the rare exception.
Their big seller in "National Championship" tee shirt from 2017 was purple with orange and white lettering. Friend of mine in Clemson sent me one.

Deleted member 2897

Their big seller in "National Championship" tee shirt from 2017 was purple with orange and white lettering. Friend of mine in Clemson sent me one.

There are tons of Orange ones. You probably got the one he was going to throw away. :cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar:

Cam

Helluva Engineer
If we're arguing this much about color on a locker room render reveal, I can't wait until adidas announces the official GT gold. Here's the thing, we ain't gonna have white or gold floors. Need a dark color for dirt and such. The navy (which I love) is meant as a way to make the primary colors pop. And black is already a primary color of another school in Georgia.

On topic, I think the locker room render looks incredible. Some people on Reddit are making jokes about how bright it looks, but most everyone loves the updated "future" look. Also, I think they're going to be pretty similar to uGA's future locker room (grey floors). Though I definitely prefer ours.

http://thegeorgiabulldogclub.com/leadership-giving/west-end-zone-project

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And the dark color SHOULD be black. Until somebody in the 80s lobbied to get blue named our official tertiary color, black had been used on all the trim on all the uniforms and was the unofficial tertiary color.
This is patently false. Bobby Dodd used blue before . Bobby Ross brought blue back. Stop spreading falsehoods. Our original colors in 1892 were NAVY BLUE, White and Old Gold.

Well, there was this guy named Cremins. And he took GT to previously unseen heights (rankings, wins, exposure, championships, magazine covers - you get the picture). He brought blue into our picture with unis and the primary color of the Thrillerdome Floor.

At the same time, there was this pompous football coach preaching about everything under the sun except how to win more games. Black watch this / that. Even though it only applied to one side of the ball. But he looked good in his black & sunglasses. And never mind the 2 embarrassing games vs freaking Furman.

So a winner like Cremins (surprise) won out on the color scheme.

As for the new locker rooms, jeez people, it is not about Blue vs Gold vs White.

It is about what is the best way to keep the carpet looking Clean an Maintained.
Actually the pompous football coach you refer to also used blue. The Black Watch uniforms were, IIRC, only used one year. And I agree that he was pompous.

This is patently false. Bobby Dodd used blue before . Bobby Ross brought blue back. Stop spreading falsehoods. Our original colors in 1892 were NAVY BLUE, White and Old Gold.
Yes, Dodd used blue a few times, and so did Alexander, but the trim was ALWAYS black. I have never heard of blue being in a color scheme in 1892. Hell, even the football uniforms were mostly brown then, and at least in pictures, it was hard to distinguish the home team from the visiting team. I'm really not sure how or when white and gold came into the picture, but it was just white and gold, not white and gold and blue.

If you look up the Clemson Tiger paw, on flags or stickers or anything of that sort, you will see that the two primary colors for most of their branding are orange and white. Purple is a tertiary color. They primarily use it as trim on their uniforms except for the rare all purple uniforms. Fans wear orange and white to greater than 98% at their games. There are always the random people who will wear purple, but that is the rare exception.
According to a Clemson grad and fan whom I just contacted, all 3 colors (Orange, White, and Purple) are considered primary colors.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes, Dodd used blue a few times, and so did Alexander, but the trim was ALWAYS black. I have never heard of blue being in a color scheme in 1892. Hell, even the football uniforms were mostly brown then, and at least in pictures, it was hard to distinguish the home team from the visiting team. I'm really not sure how or when white and gold came into the picture, but it was just white and gold, not white and gold and blue.
The original colors were navy blue, white and old gold. We chose old gold to piss uga off because at that time their colors were red, black and gold. After we beat them in 1893, they were so upset, they removed the gold from their colors and changed it to silver. So, if you want to get technical, our colors were originally navy blue and white, while the old gold was there to rub it in the noses of our archrival.

The original colors were navy blue, white and old gold. We chose old gold to piss uga off because at that time their colors were red, black and gold. After we beat them in 1893, they were so upset, they removed the gold from their colors. So, if you want to get technical, our colors were originally navy blue and white, while the old gold was there to rub it in the noses of our archrival.
Reference? I have never read any of that in any of the several books on Tech history that I have.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd have to dig it out of one of my books because I don't remember the first place I read this. However, I think this guy got the information from the same place...

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2009/8/10/984255/schools-colors-rgb-averaged-acc-sec
Apparently different sources have differing accounts. I just found a link that says that the first use of white and gold was in a baseball game with Auburn in 1891. The first use of white and gold by fans was at the Georgia game in 1893, when the girls from Lucy Cobb School all wore white and gold. The colors were adopted in 1891 and made official in 1893.