Locker Room Renovation Underway

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The current color scheme of the Institute Is Old Gold and White. Navy is a tertiary color not to exceed 10%.
mississippi_state_vs_georgia_tech_1039_thumb.jpg

Deleted member 2897

And blue is a UNC color, and a Duke color, and an Auburn color, etc, etc. Like I said earlier, until the 80s, black was always the highlight color on the uniforms.

My recommendation is to stop being an engineer, and let the marketing people and the kids and coaches who know and care do their thing. Our job is to be fans and relentlessly support them.

Deleted member 2897

Can someone who tweets at the players tweet this locker room picture over - Michael Barrett, Creme Brule’, C’Bo Flemister, etc?

Remind them new locker room and new Adidas uniforms next year!

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
The current lockers are the same from at least 1998. It was a small step up from my high school even back then. This is long overdue. These things matter when kids are texting back and forth showing off.

The last locker room refresh was around 2003, which isn’t much better than 1998. Regardless, very outdated and out of touch with how college football has changed.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Are both locker rooms -- visiting and home -- being renovated? It is not clear to me. I have been told by some using the visiting side that it is pathetically rundown and shabby. The last time this came up the response was essentially, too bad, we don't care about the visitors. But if you are talking about a first class operation, you must consider the whole. Otherwise, just acknowledge things to be second rate.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I heard that Paul literally called an alum and told him the situation. The alum asked, “How much do you need?” And said no problem. Apparently, MBob was pissed, telling CPJ that wasn’t his job. It looks like it wasn’t MBob’s either.

gotcha, may have happened who knows.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Are both locker rooms -- visiting and home -- being renovated? It is not clear to me. I have been told by some using the visiting side that it is pathetically rundown and shabby. The last time this came up the response was essentially, too bad, we don't care about the visitors. But if you are talking about a first class operation, you must consider the whole. Otherwise, just acknowledge things to be second rate.

dude. Serious? you ever been to any visitor lockerooms in big stadiums across the land with super money? They are junk. Its what you do to your visitors.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You can post all the pictures you want. There’s no discipline with our vendors either. At least we are consistent in not enforcing our brand.
This is directly from the GT website, specifically, visual identity: (*no mention of 10% restriction of blue)

Official Colors
  • White and gold are key components of Georgia Tech's visual identity system. They are the primary colors available for use by all Georgia Tech units.
  • Consistent use and careful matching of colors are essential in establishing and maintaining a consistent and unified image.
tech-gold-blue.gif

buzz-gold-white.gif

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't agree I don't care about the visitors locker room.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This is directly from the GT website, specifically, visual identity: (*no mention of 10% restriction of blue)

Official Colors
  • White and gold are key components of Georgia Tech's visual identity system. They are the primary colors available for use by all Georgia Tech units.
  • Consistent use and careful matching of colors are essential in establishing and maintaining a consistent and unified image.
tech-gold-blue.gif

buzz-gold-white.gif

Those are a portion of the total color palette. (There are more.) There is a brand identity manual that spells out, in detail, colors, fonts, etc. and how they are to be used. That’s where the 10% limit on Navy is called out.

Just a guess, but I’m mot sure about what GTAA does here. They license some marks from the school and perhaps do their own thing.

I do like what Tennessee has done. When redoing their uniforms, they developed a comprehensive brand identity across the entire university and it shows. It’s really well done. Their merchandising rocks. I love the Vol Store.

Deleted member 2897

Actually, I misspoke when I referred to Clemson, because purple is one of their two primary colors, not a tertiary one. Orange is, of course, their other primary color. So the use of purple in the Clemson locker room is to be expected. But, as I said, blue is NOT one of Tech's primary colors, so why is it treated like one?

If you look up the Clemson Tiger paw, on flags or stickers or anything of that sort, you will see that the two primary colors for most of their branding are orange and white. Purple is a tertiary color. They primarily use it as trim on their uniforms except for the rare all purple uniforms. Fans wear orange and white to greater than 98% at their games. There are always the random people who will wear purple, but that is the rare exception.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Those are a portion of the total color palette. (There are more.) There is a brand identity manual that spells out, in detail, colors, fonts, etc. and how they are to be used. That’s where the 10% limit on Navy is called out.

Just a guess, but I’m mot sure about what GTAA does here. They license some marks from the school and perhaps do their own thing.

I do like what Tennessee has done. When redoing their uniforms, they developed a comprehensive brand identity across the entire university and it shows. It’s really well done. Their merchandising rocks. I love the Vol Store.
It just seems very odd to me they'd go to all the trouble of instituting a specific policy in writing, in a manual no less, then proceed to ignore it. Which department of the admin would produce such a manual? Are they the same people in charge of enforcing it?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It just seems very odd to me they'd go to all the trouble of instituting a specific policy in writing, in a manual no less, then proceed to ignore it. Which department of the admin would produce such a manual? Are they the same people in charge of enforcing it?

It’s common. I ran marketing for several Fortune 50 firms and few enforce their own standards. Often, there is no penalty for ignoring them so many people do.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
And the dark color SHOULD be black. Until somebody in the 80s lobbied to get blue named our official tertiary color, black had been used on all the trim on all the uniforms and was the unofficial tertiary color.

Well, there was this guy named Cremins. And he took GT to previously unseen heights (rankings, wins, exposure, championships, magazine covers - you get the picture). He brought blue into our picture with unis and the primary color of the Thrillerdome Floor.

At the same time, there was this pompous football coach preaching about everything under the sun except how to win more games. Black watch this / that. Even though it only applied to one side of the ball. But he looked good in his black & sunglasses. And never mind the 2 embarrassing games vs freaking Furman.

So a winner like Cremins (surprise) won out on the color scheme.

As for the new locker rooms, jeez people, it is not about Blue vs Gold vs White.

It is about what is the best way to keep the carpet looking Clean an Maintained.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck

One of the primary initiatives over the past year by the marketing team was to standardize color schemes, wordmarks, logos, etc. The color pallete listed above is the most updated version and is not a subset of a larger group of colors. This is what will be used on uniforms, apparel, digital logos, etc (essentially any kind of branding). You will see the updated wordmarks before Adidas goes public with gear in July.

As for those of you complaining about the locker room and its aesthetic appeal.. You're not the ones in there every day. The players who helped design it were and are. Their opinions on what make them happy are much closer to those of the kids we're recruiting. I am very appreciative of the generous gift given and am excited to see the finished product, along with the players, staff, and most fans.