Kentucky Win Post Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Kentucky is a complete dumpster fire... Third staright loss.... I hope this means we can win at least 8 ACC games this year! Go Jackets!

it’s fascinating and reminds me of North Carolina last year. How you can have that much talent and struggle is beyond me.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Moses’ improvement year-over-year for his career has been incredible. Kudos to him and the coaches. It is a success story that should pay huge dividends. If he plays this way the rest of the year, he will exceed all expectations.

Great time for Sturdivant to come alive. Usher and Moore knocked down some triples too, and I’ve admittedly been hard on our SF’s.

Our defense made the biggest leap from the first two games, imo. And simply not turning the ball over on O. I think we got a lot of similar shots today, and we just knocked them down. I liked the freedom that Parham seemed to play with today as he launched in rythym. Didn’t always go down, but we need more of that from him (and Devoe).

We played really well today. So well that I am kind of greedy at the moment and wish we played a good team, which Kentucky is not. The current version of Kentucky isn’t a tournament team.

But, it’ll go in the record books as another Top 25 win for Pastner and we should/will pump that up for optics. Great to look good in a win when not many other games were on TV too.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Moses played at an All-ACC level. And his gold shoes looked great too. I wish the whole team would wear the same.

Sturdivant was a little slow to start but had a nice game. Poised on offense and contributed on defense.

When we went on the run in the second half and pulled away, it was Moses, Bubba, Jose, Usher and Sturdivant on the floor. Devoe was on the bench.

Its good to see the zone look so good. They turned it over a lot, but our D had something to do with it.

I don’t remember seeing any of our bigs on the floor other than Moses.

Good win. Nice to have a watchable game after the first two games this season which were hard on the eyes.

/

slugboy

Staff member
That was a weird game to watch, but we were dialed in on the shots, and I saw a couple practically launched from the suburbs. I was prepped for a game where Kentucky would bat away all our shots, and the game was nearly the reverse.
15 steals seems to be the real story of the game. The announcers loved Moses.
I think it was Seth Greenberg in the studio, but he was brutal in assessing Kentucky, calling them "just not a good team". I think we played a lot better, but I also think Kentucky isn't good this year.
The interview with Mark Teixeira was a little dry, but I was glad to get an alum on screen for a bit.
Also, is there an arena emptier than an empty State Farm Arena?
Highlights:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What made this win so nice was it showed a lot of what we needed coming into this year to build on the end of last year.

It looks like we have a bonefide ACC PoY candidate in Moses, limited TOs, shot pretty well, and had significant contributions from role players (17 from Bubba and 15 from Kyle). Obviously need to prove we can do it consistently but at least to me it restores a bit of hope that we will continue to build on where we were at the end of last year.

At the very least the team should have learned the importance of effort and energy because that was probably the biggest difference to me in the game and the first 2.

JacketMicMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Jimmy Dykes referred to us as Texas Tech during the broadcast and then ESPN compounded the error with its opening graphic of the Texas Tech logo. Uggggh.

great win. Glad we practiced and our bus trip was shorter than their bus trip.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Had to record the game and intentionally keep the radio off, and not peek via the internet.
Home around 7:00 and was able to plow through the game.

Totally and truly shocked!!!

ONLY 6 turnovers?!?!!? WOW!

Shot well because of KY turnovers, good ball movement and looking like we ran some plays. Where was this during the first two games?

I don't give a rip about how young KY is.

We actually looked like a team. 😊

Moses!!! Great game!