Kentucky Win Post Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think it's more of a must win at Nebraska at this point.
We only have 4 OOC's remaining. Win all for 5-2 OOC + 11-9 ACC or 16-11 entering ACCT.
IMRC nobody gets an at-large birth w 16 wins.We'd still be a longshot w Nebr win,
but seems possible to be on the bubble at Acc tourney time
Don’t sleep on UAB. By name it doesn’t carry much weight to average fans but to the selection committee it’s a huge game for us. Plus they’re 4-0 and on the verge of the top 25. All of the remaining OOC games are must wins but that one is going to be a battle. I had us at 6-1 non conference. That one loss.... was at UAB....

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
“Beating Kentucky in basketball is like beating Georgia in football.”

What? You give georgie way too much credit. Beating Kentucky in hoops is like beating Bama in football. Not bullfrawgs
Kentucky basketball has won 1 national championship since 2000. Alabama football has won 4 since 2010. I’d say it’s more than fair to compare Kentucky basketball to Georgia football.

Deleted member 2897

“Beating Kentucky in basketball is like beating Georgia in football.”

What? You give georgie way too much credit. Beating Kentucky in hoops is like beating Bama in football. Not bullfrawgs

Beating Georgia at football is like beating Florida State in basketball. All the talent in the world on the roster, but they can never get their act together to break through.

Over the last couple decades, Kentucky has made the elite 8...HALF THE TIME. That’s basically like qualifying for the CFP half the time over a multi-decade period.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Kentucky basketball has won 1 national championship since 2000. Alabama football has won 4 since 2010. I’d say it’s more than fair to compare Kentucky basketball to Georgia football.
Have to agree with @GT05, u[sic]ga in football is akin to Louisville in basketball. Always a talented team, but usually not a winner at the end of the season. For GT, beating u[sic]ga in basketball is nice, but beating UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan, etc. just means more. Still want to beat u[sic]ga in everything, but the basketball win is a meh for me.