Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I dunno, I might call shenanigans on this report. The Chargers are playing the Steelers this weekend in Pittsburgh. Most likely they'll fly out Saturday. Flying west coast to east costs you a day. Where does the CFB committee meet this weekend? In Texas?

So Stansbury is going to fly to Pittsburgh while the conf championship games are going on Saturday to interview Whisenhunt? Whisenhunt is going to fly to Texas to interview the day before his team plays the Steelers?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Posted this a couple hours ago in the Potential Coaches thread:

Whisenhunt was just asked about his interest in and if he's been contact about the GT opening at the 6:50 mark

Milwaukee

Banned
I dunno, I might call shenanigans on this report. The Chargers are playing the Steelers this weekend in Pittsburgh. Most likely they'll fly out Saturday. Flying west coast to east costs you a day. Where does the CFB committee meet this weekend? In Texas?

So Stansbury is going to fly to Pittsburgh while the conf championship games are going on Saturday to interview Whisenhunt? Whisenhunt is going to fly to Texas to interview the day before his team plays the Steelers?

Agree, hopefully. TS is out smarting us all. He threw this name out there to see what the response from the fanbase would be, and he has an uprising on his hands already. Not that the fanbase should get to pick the coach but TS doesn't wanna lose the fanbase with this hire. He's already extended Pastner and that was a fireable offense, he better nail this one.

Milwaukee

Banned

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Posted this a couple hours ago in the Potential Coaches thread:

Whisenhunt was just asked about his interest in and if he's been contact about the GT opening at the 6:50 mark

He should go into politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Lads (and ladies)! Step back for a sec, crack open a beverage (@stech81 gets 3) and chill out on this Whisenhunt interview news.

Think about it...it makes perfect sense: paths crossed on The Flats (teammates if the years line up right?), longtime NFL OC, super bowl experience. It’d be insulting if they didn’t give Ken an interview. If nothing else, it gives 2 Tech men a chance to catch up and pick each others’ brains and talk about the future of GT Football. Maybe Whisenhunt even wants to write a check for AI 2020 but an interview was the only way to get it?

Based on what Stansbury said in the presser, Ken Whisenhunt doesn’t align with his vision. I’d have been more surprised if this wasn’t all over the news.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
This just screams boring hire to me. We need to get a boots on the ground recruiter type if we're going for a ceo type coach.