Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Blame it on my Tech education :eek:. Spent 4 years have arch profs preach the latest fad architecture......everybody does the same thing and nobody sticks out from the crowd. That is how I felt about the Chan years. CPJ got Tech noticed, it was a helluva ride.

Let's see who we hire first before we all act like chicken little...me included.

If it's Whisenhunt, then this entire board and all GT boards will implode along with TStan's career at GT...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
2) Why is NFL experience something we care about? If he looks into the mirror and sees us as "NFL Factory" then he's insane.

Because it's an angle that can be worked on the recruiting trail. Just because we aren't going to be an NFL factory doesn't mean we can ignore things that might help us an an NFL connection is one of those things. Not the be all end all but it certainly is a factor.

Anyways not a huge fan of Wisenhunt as an option but with the right OC and DC it could work out.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Chan Gailey years 2.0
Wonder how these CPJ haters will feel after getting blown out by Clemp and the mutts on a yearly basis and hoping we get picked for the Quick Bowl. :rolleyes:

I believe for last few years we are getting blown out by both.
Thru 3 quarters in uga game
gt 47 rush attempt and 100 yds = 2 yds per carry. AND Uga 45 points. I was at Athens when we lost 47 to 8 in 68. This game looked like that.

Let's hope we do a lot better next year.

I totally agree with u - KW not my first choice. In fact he is last

Last edited:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Do yall think he would run a pro-style offense here? We’ve never been able to score the QB for that and i don’t see that changing, i dont see that being anymore successful now than during CCG’s days. And i REALLY don’t see that as a good offense to transition too with our personnel.

Animal02

Banned
I believe for last few years we are getting blown out by both.
Thru 3 quarters in uga game
gt 47 rush attempt and 100 yds = 2 yds per carry. AND Uga 45 points. I was at Athens when we lost 47 to 8 in 68. This game looked like that.

Let's hope we do a lot better next year.

I totally agree with u - KW not my first choice
We also beat the mutts unlike Chan......as others have posted, teams spend summer camp and time during the year prepping for Tech, no it will be just another same old same old. The athletic difference will just be that more exaggerated.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
What's everyone's beef with Ken? Rams have pretty good offense. When he coached Arizona theu went to the Superbowl.

We worried about recruiting? We want a young coach?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do yall think he would run a pro-style offense here? We’ve never been able to score the QB for that and i don’t see that changing, i dont see that being anymore successful now than during CCG’s days. And i REALLY don’t see that as a good offense to transition too with our personnel.

I don't think this argument is as relevant as 10-15 years ago. It use to be that the ideal option QBs weren't being targeted by most factories for the QB position. Nowadays the best option QBs are also being looked for most of the spread offenses anyways. I think now it'll be about as hard to recruit dual threat QBs as it would Pro Styles. Now of course the "running back in the guise of a QB" is another story.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
NFL to college hires have a track record of being disastrous.

Lovie Smith
Bill Callahan
Jim Mora
Mike Riley

I am sure there are more, but the high profile ones have not worked out.

If he goes with this hire I would guess the program is in rough shape for 3-4 years.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
NFL to college hires have a track record of being disastrous.

Lovie Smith
Bill Callahan
Jim Mora
Mike Riley

I am sure there are more, but the high profile ones have not worked out.

If he goes with this hire I would guess the program is in rough shape for 3-4 years.

Pete Carroll did alright but, yeah, more bad examples than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don't think this argument is as relevant as 10-15 years ago. It use to be that the ideal option QBs weren't being targeted by most factories for the QB position. Nowadays the best option QBs are also being looked for most of the spread offenses anyways. I think now it'll be about as hard to recruit dual threat QBs as it would Pro Styles. Now of course the "running back in the guise of a QB" is another story.

Maybe, but it seems like there are a ton of really good RPO qb’s playing every season in college fb, whereas there are very few quality prototype Pro-style guys. Spread option/rpo is an equalizer and does not necc. require that rare nfl quality qb to excel.