juice crew

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
But Collins still needs to utilize the talents of the players he has now, and not try to force them into something they can't do.

That is what happens when you drastically change systems. People will be put into situations they aren't used to and may not be able to do. But you don't half *** it because you are going to practice what you intend to do long term, and you are going to play in games what you practice.

That is what happens when you drastically change systems. People will be put into situations they aren't used to and may not be able to do. But you don't half *** it because you are going to practice what you intend to do long term, and you are going to play in games what you practice.
Gradually making the transition while taking advantage of the talent that you have is not half azzing it. Not making the transition gradually means losing games you don't have to and shouldn't lose.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
MGT, I seriously doubt that more than a handful of people on here are rooting for CGC to fail. I also don't believe more than a handful of people on here actually want a return to the TO, with or without CPJ---and that includes those who very much appreciate Johnson for what he did here.

People with daughters and wives don't care for rap crap because it's often vulgar and violent---not because they are old.

People who have lived enough life to know a con job when they see it are simply wanting the hype/juice, and the new staff's mantra: we WILL be elite with elite players, to bear fruit. Most, not all, also know it will take awhile to determine if it's a con or real. If it's real, there should be signs along the way---not many at first, but it should be more and more evident as time goes on. By mid-October 2021, we won't need another 4 years to tell.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
College football, in case you haven't noticed.....is a BIG BUISNESS.....you get to have fun when you are successful at it.
As for the rest of your "shut up" argument.........how special. :rolleyes:

While I want GT to be successful at FB, I look at it as entertainment or a pleasant diversion or just maybe even as sport. The tone in this board is anger and angst and has been trending that way prior to the coaching change. Who needs or even wants that? It is especially frustrating given how little data we have to work with regarding our new coach. I don't want to perceive my Saturdays in the same way I have my career, my time at GT or my investments where maximizing ROI influenced most, if not all of my decisions. Saturdays are for relaxing. Yes, it is more fun to win. The kids work hard and are more disappointed I am sure than we are at the results. But I do not want or need for them to wear hair shirts on the sidelines because they are losing. I am content to let the next few seasons unfold patiently. Besides, I have found that my angst or worry seems to have little or no influence on the outcomes anyway. Why waste precious energy?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes. There were fans who didn't want the transition because they thought everything was sunshine and rainbows with the previous system and so aren't willing to deal with the transition no matter who the coach is.

So long as the last regime remains a big topic of conversation...it’s a bad sign for CGC. Consider it our canary.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Support the institute or get off the wagon. These are young men working there tails off to entertain the fan base. It's only 3 games . For goodness sake please. !!! B patient and understanding we don't have a strong arm down field throwing quaterback.

Support our QBs or get off the wagon. :ROFLMAO:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
beyond bizarre and frankly, inexcusable. I mean, if I knew that Citadel was gonna run outside on 3rd and 4+ every-single-time, how could our DC and players not know?
All the talk about our offensive ineptitude....our D shat the bed too.

Completely inexcusable.

One of the funny things about football is optics. The whole “never as good or bad as it seems” bit. Take away the unforced errors on D...the dumb penalties....the story may be different today. Extra chances equaled extra plays, extra time of possession, and additional scores.

Change the complexion of just 2 drives and you often change the complexion of an entire game.

Not saying there weren’t other misses by the D. There were. But they also did some good things. Still expect to see more of that good moving forward.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
beyond bizarre and frankly, inexcusable. I mean, if I knew that Citadel was gonna run outside on 3rd and 4+ every-single-time, how could our DC and players not know?
All the talk about our offensive ineptitude....our D shat the bed too.

Completely inexcusable.

There is also a possibility that some of the narratives about our D were false narratives. Not that they weren’t as good as we wanted. We all wanted better. But maybe why. That will always be the biggest negative of the last staff. If only......

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
There is also a possibility that some of the narratives about our D were false narratives. Not that they weren’t as good as we wanted. We all wanted better. But maybe why. That will always be the biggest negative of the last staff. If only......

I don't know - current and former D players alike have made the same observations I think you're referencing.

slugboy

Staff member
Gradually making the transition while taking advantage of the talent that you have is not half azzing it. Not making the transition gradually means losing games you don't have to and shouldn't lose.

Understand what you’re saying, Supersize, but we’ve had very successful and dramatic transitions before. In other places, I don’t think Mike Leach has done a gradual transition. Paul Johnson didn’t transition all that gradually. Holgorsen has had pretty dramatic transitions.

It’s harder for me to think of good but gradual transitions.

We gotta make the right blocks and receivers have to go for the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Understand what you’re saying, Supersize, but we’ve had very successful and dramatic transitions before. In other places, I don’t think Mike Leach has done a gradual transition. Paul Johnson didn’t transition all that gradually. Holgorsen has had pretty dramatic transitions.

It’s harder for me to think of good but gradual transitions.

We gotta make the right blocks and receivers have to go for the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, you could call Saban's transition gradual -- for Alabama. 6-6 the first year 12-2 the second... What we wouldn't give for that kind of gradual transition. :)