juice crew

I was as big a CPJ supporter as anybody, but he retired and is gone. I knew things would change, and I support Collins, as I would have supported anybody who ended up here. But if he doesn't name ONE starting QB and let him run the games till he falls flat on his face, regardless of who that ONE QB is, Tech is going to lose a lot of games, and Collins is going to lose a lot of fans. I personally prefer Tobias, but if it's Lucas or James, then fine......JUST LEAVE HIM IN THERE !!!

A lot of older Tech fans need to realize that the “Juice Crew” and all the other new things are what kids like. You don’t have to like it, but if the kids do, deal with it and support the Jackets:)
I'm an older Tech fan, and I despise that kind of "music", but so what? If it gets the kids excited and worked up, I'm all for it. It's pretty easy just to tune it out and not worry about it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes, CGC is trying to make it cool to choose GT. He is working a very, very uphill battle, and I will be surprised if he can get over the top. In fact, I will now be surprised if he can continue to climb.

But, as SS said, he is my coach, and I am rooting for him. Many of us are serious in our personalities, and when you look like we did last Saturday, we really don't want to see a clown show, but if kids today like clown shows, bring it on, I guess.

Coach Johnson helped our school and team the way he left - he did not have to leave with a simple retirement decision. I appreciate everything he did for the Institute.
If we didn't have 5 freshmen on kickoff coverage (ucf) and a dl guy on fake punt (pitt), he would still be here. In that case he could have gone out will a little more notice.

It is what it is and in accordance w contract terms he left ( retired or resigned) w minimal notice.

As to the players being graded on everything they do - specifically the dancing (which i detest as i hate the pipped in music) . I think its fine to grade them. The past sidelines were like the walking dead. The starters and a few back ups interested and the rest milled around and sneaked a peak at stupid races or girls dancing to music. W all the subs there is a lot more interest in the action.

The 2 qb model is working at Auburn because they have 2 qb that are studs who are good in all areas but great in different areas. They play them at the same time . Its logical to rotate them in situations as they are great.
ALSO Auburn s ol is solid.

Ucf had this situation a few years ago when they had a very good ol
There coaches are well regarded as talented offensive minded coaches.

Fans want a win.

Big win and they can play that stupid dance music

GT_EE78

Banned
I'm sure CGC is a smart guy and realizes that a "hype plan" much like a "game plan" requires adjustments as you go.
I won't be disappointed if he makes the dancing thing just go away.
That doesn't mean i'm not supporting the team or have a stick up my ***.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We really gotta do this? The juice crew is just to give the scout team guys something to do to keep them engaged in the game instead of sitting on their hands or playing on their phones. It doesn't have anything to do with the stuff ya'll are mad about or whatever offense we run. Sheesh.

Something to do? How about sitting in a room watching the game with a coach actually teaching them something. Literally goofing off on the sidelines....are these street bums or are they costing money or scholarships with that crap?!

Also, (c)rap is an abomination and stain on this nation. May as well shoot up kids with meth or opioids...

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I had to remove two posts—one for offensive language and one replying to it.

So, Wikipedia to the rescue. The 2010 version was by Roscoe Dash, featuring Soulja Boy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_Way_Turnt_Up . It got heavy play at Bobby Dodd when it came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, two questions, one pertinent to the thread:

1) Who or what committee decides content at games?

2) Were there uniformed, non-contributing persons dancing to it at the tail end of an embarrassing loss?

Is there a Wiki for those questions?

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I am firmly in the camp of it looks silly to have players dancing around while you are losing to Citadel. I realize CGC has given them a task, but it still looks... silly.

I can put up with whatever is played at the stadium, whether it is more cowbell, or turnt all the way up. I will admit, I have no idea what the lyrics are to many of the songs, so will let others object if there the songs are too trashy. There are two factors here. Old farts give the money. We need recruits. I submit there needs to be compromise on both sides.

Another semi-unrelated comment. The light show at Sanford Stadium was impressive tonight.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Something to do? How about sitting in a room watching the game with a coach actually teaching them something. Literally goofing off on the sidelines....are these street bums or are they costing money or scholarships with that crap?!

Also, (c)rap is an abomination and stain on this nation. May as well shoot up kids with meth or opioids...
Actually the 5th string qb scored such a high grade he is taking TO s place in the qb rotation.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Or MTSU or Kansas. Some people forget. Paul quit. He wasn’t fired or forced out. He quit a week after we got out asses beat by Georgia
Yes, we know. You keep posting how CPJ quit. That’s quite irrelevant to the fact that we got our *** handed to us by FCS.