Josh Pastner?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
This whole thing is ridiculous but like someone mentioned all people see are the headlines. They have no clue how crazy this couple is. It will definitely make Josh very mistrusting in the future which may be a good thing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
HOLY CRAP, Ken Sugiura just asked CJP in a press conference, that was opened by saying his comments on the matter were through his lawyer and he's focused on basketball now...basketball question, basketball question, basketball question...and then Ken asks CJP what he would do if someone accused 1 of his kids of sexual assault.

WHAT THE F.......................his kids are CHILDREN. What kind of sick world does Ken live in? HOLY MOLY. I would offer him a chance to apologize privately to CJP or never welcome him on campus again. A hypothetical where Josh's young children are sexually assaulting people? And I like how Ken held that gotcha question until the end, probably knowing he might blow up the entire press conference like a nuclear bomb.

Heh. Ol' Ken tried to become friggin Dan Rather, came across lookn like Wendy Williams.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've been off the bball board lately, and maybe mods are keeping this off limits, but how are we not talking about Ron Bell's counter suit?

Jmonty71

Banned
Just the bad publicity will make it hard for GT to recruit any really good recruits. Now... You know as well as I do, other schools will use this against us in other sports, like football. Its a sad state of affairs. Either CPJ has some serious skeletons in his closet or this Bell guy is a pathological liar.

Just the bad publicity will make it hard for GT to recruit any really good recruits. Now... You know as well as I do, other schools will use this against us in other sports, like football. Its a sad state of affairs. Either CPJ has some serious skeletons in his closet or this Bell guy is a pathological liar.
Either CJP has some serious skeletons in his closet or this Bell guy is a pathological liar.
FIFY

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

IMO, Ron's story has more holes than a block of Swiss Cheese.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What kind of a timeline does it generally take to reach a conclusion, one way or another, in cases like this? Even if 100% innocent, there’s a great deal of distraction going on here. You really have to hope it doesn’t bleed into next season.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Depends on what guidelines and budget GT gave the outside firm. this isn't an independent counsel with an unlimited budget but I would still expect it to take 30 - 60 days to interview everyone they need to and formulate a report. I doubt GT funds anything more open ended than that.

Recognize this could get slowed down or derailed as Ron will probably not co-operate and consider this probe to be additional discovery for CJP's suit.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I would imagine it will take at least 90 days or longer to show this couple is nuts. Nothing moves fast today especially when it has to do with the topic involved. They will want to make sure they crossed and recrossed things before releasing a final conclusion.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably been said, but it must be incredibly easy to recruit against Pastner right now. Unfortunately, regardless of the facts or the outcome, the program could be set back a year+ if 2-3 legit players choose to matriculate elsewhere.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I want to send coach a support letter. What is best way? I had something similar happen to me 30 years ago regarding theft. I was in charge of a subsidiary company when chief of security and a lawyer for parent company accused me of taking company funds. If I didnt resign, they would perform 100% audit on me. I went home, wrote a rebuttal, and put it in all parent company board member mail boxes. After the audit was completed, i received a small reimbursement for a math error on an expense report and a personal apology from company ceo. They fired chief of security and 6 months later he died from a heart attack. I retired with the company after working another 20 years.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk