Josh Pastner?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Josh is a class guy and I'm glad he was emphatic on the video above about this being completely bogus. This year has been tough, but next year will be a new year. I hate that he has to deal with these false allegations, but people can be deceiving and vengeful.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know how to attach articles on here, but the ESPN article by Schlabach is interesting, especially the way her family felt about RB.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Bingo. Right now, you can accuse anyone of this stuff, and they’re instantly presumed guilty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And we likely won’t even get a headline about this getting thrown out because they lied. There certainly wasn’t much talk about Oklahoma’s RB getting the case thrown out because the girl was lying.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Another one from that account. In this one, you hear him (I recognize his voice from the Gary Parrish interview) say: "You see it says courtesy of Ron Bell." Dude is literally doing this for attention and he's not doing a good job of hiding it at all.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
Time to cut our losses imo. I was skeptical about this hire bc anything associated with cal and memphis definitely has some shadiness attached to it. I was thinking it would be shadiness on the recruiting side, which honestly I'm okay with bc that's the only way to win in present day CBB. But no, it's this bat**** crazy bs, which is totally on cjp for allowing this loon access to the program. So far we've got no tourney appearances, no 5 stars on the horizon and a whole lot of embarrassment. GT can do better.

Are you serious? We were in the top 5 of a 5 Star a month ago and have multiple 4 stars looking at us. That’s extremely good considering we never got any of those guys with Gregory. Also considering Pastner is basically rebuilding GT no tourney appearances is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
You know what I'm still waiting to come out? Tears.
Seems to be a common takeaway. From someone on https://syracusefan.com/threads/josh-pastner.127357/#post-2485376
A Youtube account named "Ron Bell" posted this. It shows an interview with his girlfriend - the woman accusing Pastner of assault. I usually side with the accuser and I have no idea what happened, maybe she's really telling the truth. But it's strange and rare to see a woman talking about her rape in front of cameras. She's sobbing but I don't see tears, even though she's trying to squeeze them out. If this were a movie, I'd think she was a terrible actor...

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I want to clarify what action is being taken against Josh. If I understand correctly, these allegations are part of a countersuit filed by Bell in response to Josh's defamation suit. I don't know the claim of the countersuit, but I assume defamation or something similar.

Things would be very different to me if Pendley were suing Josh. And way different if there were criminal charges against Josh. Absent either of those, I can't think the allegations credible, but they will be damaging nonetheless.

In the thread about Josh filing against Bell, I expressed that I thought it a bad idea, that Bell's character led me to think he would escalate. I have no idea how things would work out without the suit, nor what Josh and/or the team were experiencing that isn't public, but I do think this is demonstration that the only way Ron Bell is going to go away is for a court to make it so.