Josh Pastner?

slugboy

Staff member
GT is a conservative school with a conservative environment. I don’t know how long CJP can last with this kind of scrutiny.

I think as long as the administration thinks he’s innocent, they’ll support him. I think they’ll do what’s rational to both protect the school and do the right thing.
The only thing I can safely say is this all looks like a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope GT faithful show up loud and proud tomorrow and give CJP a standing ovation when introduced. This has got to be an incredibly tough time and if Ron had any credibility I’d be more reserved. But seriously the guy is an absolute *** and there really is no reason to doubt CJP.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
I think as long as the administration thinks he’s innocent, they’ll support him. I think they’ll do what’s rational to both protect the school and do the right thing.
The only thing I can safely say is this all looks like a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This just has that Duke Lacrosse feel to me. Let's not forget Bud Peterson and the Phi Delta Theta fiasco. Tech seems to have taken a significant leftwing, PC turn since he came on board. I'm uneasy with the expectation that someone isn't going to get thrown under the bus. I hope I'm incorrect.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who wants or thinks Pastner will be gone just doesn't like him. He has 3 top 100 players visiting tomorrow amid all this clearly it isn't a huge deal on the recruiting side. I am all about results and we have way over preformed. Pitt fans are praying Georgia Tech fires him (which isn't happening) fwiw.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who wants or thinks Pastner will be gone just doesn't like him. He has 3 top 100 players visiting tomorrow amid all this clearly it isn't a huge deal on the recruiting side. I am all about results and we have way over preformed. Pitt fans are praying Georgia Tech fires him (which isn't happening) fwiw.

Based off the news on Thursday afternoon, Pastner would have been suspended/put on leave by now if anything was going to happen.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Also keep in mind that the assault allegations weren't a surprise to Pastner and GT. This isn't something that they had to put Pastner on leave until they determined a course of action.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think GT is going to do anything, people are reacting to information that is new to them but not new to GT.

IMO GT has known about this allegation for at least 2 months. Ron went to the NCAA with this allegation in early December. Pastner specifically mentioned in his post game PC after L'ville that while this might be new information to the public it is not new information to him, his players or GT. This is why he filed the defamation lawsuit last month. If GT was going to do anything they would have done it weeks ago. Unless the independent investigator turns up something against Pastner nothing is going to happen to him.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Also if you put him on leave now and wait until investigation is over, good luck convincing guys like Alvarado (transfer) and Okogie (pros) of sticking around with the hope that Pastner gets cleared. Those decisions for players would be taking place from March-May.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Keep in mind the allegations are with respect to a lawsuit, not criminal charges. Not sure how they can get one and not the other. There are 2 horrible results of these charges IMO. First is the permanent defamation of character for Pastner. If someone tells you your neighbor is a pedophile, and there is no evidence or anything linking the neighbor to anything like that and it turns out the accuser is crazy, you're still going to watch your kids playing anywhere near that neighbor's house. The other thing is there are women who are actually sexually assaulted and no one believes them. Cases like this devalue the real claims. It's the boy who cried wolf scenario. She's basically screwing over rape victims for personal gain.

crut

Helluva Engineer
If Pastner gets past this, repairs his reputation, and leads GT into a basketball dynasty, I'm going to write a biography of him.

It'll be titled: 'A Total Rebuild'

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
He already has rebuilt his reputation as a coach he was voted the ACC coach of the year last year! If we fired Pastner (Which we can't no cause and no money) who would want to come here anyway? Does anybody remember less than 2 years ago where we were turned down by at least 4 other candidates before Pastner? also please go read the comments on the ESPN article sky isn't falling.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think he was stating those as separate entities. Bill of Rights being due process and then also presumption of innocence as a separate thing. That was my take.

Didn't think of it that way, but I can see how it could be taken as such. :)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't think GT is going to do anything, people are reacting to information that is new to them but not new to GT.

IMO GT has known about this allegation for at least 2 months. Ron went to the NCAA with this allegation in early December. Pastner specifically mentioned in his post game PC after L'ville that while this might be new information to the public it is not new information to him, his players or GT. This is why he filed the defamation lawsuit last month. If GT was going to do anything they would have done it weeks ago. Unless the independent investigator turns up something against Pastner nothing is going to happen to him.
Also, I am sure GT, through its lawyers, has already completed an internal investigation. This latest move looks like a CYA they believe will strengthen the case against Bell with the public. They cannot just pretend the allegations don't exist. As for the security guard as a witness, if it were true that a guard saw CJP touch her inappropriately, he would no longer be our coach.

Also, the idea that Pastner would masturbate in front of her while Bell was in the shower is ludicrous in the extreme. To believe that you need to have something other than her word, because that is such aberrant behavior that this would not likely be an isolated case. The whole thing with Bell is simply crazy.