Josh Pastner?

Deleted member 2897

Do we have traction? I don't this will help with it.

We’re currently paying 3 basketball coaches. So why not 4? That sounds totally rational and financially sound as well. Especially for a resource limited school.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Pastner wast very, very smart to get out in front of this. Also I have a hard time imagining Ron wouldn't have mentioned something relating to this in his infamous Parrish interview before the season started.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re currently paying 3 basketball coaches. So why not 4? That sounds totally rational and financially sound as well. Especially for a resource limited school.
Would this be with cause? That's the only way I'd fire him. Otherwise, you're right. Can't even afford to fire him.

crut

Helluva Engineer
WHAT THE F-ING HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU. HOW ARE YOU POSSIBLY GIVING ANY CREDIBILITY TO THIS LUNATIC. YOU DON'T LET SOMEONE TRYING TO SABOTAGE YOUR PROGRAM WIN. SHUT THE HELL UP. FIRING PASTNER BECAUSE THIS GUY WON'T STOP ACTING CRAZY IS NOT A LEGITIMATE OPINION

This was totally caps lock worthy. I'm totally shocked some of you are being this dumb. I really hope it's Ron Bell making accounts and trolling this board.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
With all due respect, JP is a 40 year old making $3+ Million per year and we’re expected to believe he was hitting on this lady (see link below)? Not going to the Cheetah or The Pony, not going to hit on some hot sorority girls or cheerleaders, but an unattractive lady who lives 1,500 miles away from him? These folks are nuts. I hate that this is happening to him and GT, but they’re crazy.

Seems like JP was trying to do something nice to a guy down on his luck and this is how he gets repaid. Sad.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...cle_65b3b668-0d1c-11e8-8299-47f5ea0bb801.html

Deleted member 2897

With all due respect, JP is a 40 year old making $3+ Million per year and we’re expected to believe he was hitting on this lady (see link below)? Not going to the Cheetah or The Pony, not going to hit on some hot sorority girls or cheerleaders, but an unattractive lady who lives 1,500 miles away from him? These folks are nuts. I hate that this is happening to him and GT, but they’re crazy.

Seems like JP was trying to do something nice to a guy down on his luck and this is how he gets repaid. Sad.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...cle_65b3b668-0d1c-11e8-8299-47f5ea0bb801.html

Have you seen David Patraeus’ wife? I mean, oh never mind. #OffTheRails

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Some of this chatter is ridiculous.
First Pastner is not going anywhere. GT would have to pay the full value of his contract if he was fired without cause. Which means no money to hire a coach. Literally.

Second, having a colleague from Memphis I will tell you his reputation in Memphis was of an absolute boys cout. My colleague called him Opie. Alot of Memphis fans disliked him because he didn't like to play games.

If you remember the lawsuit Pastner filed last month, one of the items included in it was an email Pastner sent to Bell after his first visit to Memphis letting Ron know he didn't want Bell doing so much as buying his guys a donut unless he cleared it with Pastner first because NCAA compliance was the most important thing to him. My understanding is that Josh and Tad did not tell Pastner at the time they took the trip to AZ and that they told Pastner and GT in October that Bell told them not to tell Pastner they took that trip.

This year has been more what I expected for the first 2-3 yrs that Pastner would be here. We got lucky last year that alot went right. This year pretty much everything has gone wrong. Next season it is unlikely that things will go as wrong as this year. That's just life.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Or cjp. I'm sorry but the people you associate with says a lot about your character. This is a ****ing never ending embarrassment.

eggsactly right. pastner is as bad as all the...family...counselors... pastors...etc that hang with drug addicts and alcoholics. how dare they pretend to offer help !

and how dare he hang with all the low life's on our team.

Last edited:

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Amazing how our basketball program seems to have the worst luck...like a black cloud just keeps following us :(

GT_EE78

Banned
All jokes aside, this is scary stuff. I hope the Pastners have security. If we woke up tomorrow to news that Ron Bell had broken into Josh’s house and shot him, we would all be shocked but not surprised.
Maybe we should be trying to find out why Memphis is willing to pay him a million per year to not coach at Memphis?