Josh Pastner?

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Your first-choice, Kevin Stallings, can be had probably. ;)

Honestly though, if the FBI stuff comes out (and I hope it starts too around tourney time), we could be seeing upheaval all over the country. It's a brand of chaos I've wished for ever since I became aware of how clean(sic) college basketball recruiting is.

I say all that to say, if that happens, the whole (cbb) world will be in flux so we'd face fewer barriers to hiring a good coach from the pool of untainted guys who'll be left.
I guess but that also means we would be battling with other teams for coaches even if all the blue bloods are suspended the name of the school will still matter to a lot of recruits at the end of the day. Regardless lets just keep Pastner sit back and watch the college basketball landscape explode.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I guess but that also means we would be battling with other teams for coaches even if all the blue bloods are suspended the name of the school will still matter to a lot of recruits at the end of the day. Regardless lets just keep Pastner sit back and watch the college basketball landscape explode.

Agreed.

But I should state, in my scenario, I was theorizing that our guy could be tangentially impacted by the upcoming whirlwind thus we'd have no choice.

This is all just talk so hopefully no one brands me as a 'Ron'. :smuggrin:

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed.

But I should state, in my scenario, I was theorizing that our guy could be tangentially impacted by the upcoming whirlwind thus we'd have no choice.

This is all just talk so hopefully no one brands me as a 'Ron'. :smuggrin:

That's something I was wondering about too.. did Memphis have any first round picks the past few years? It looks like their last NBA draft pick was Will Barton in 2012 so we might be good. (y)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's something I was wondering about too.. did Memphis have any first round picks the past few years? It looks like their last NBA draft pick was Will Barton in 2012 so we might be good. (y)

I'm kinda talking out of both sides of my arse on this one.

(a) If he's clean, it's as PeaCoat said, we're in great position to emerge as one of the stable, decent places for recruits to land.

(b) If he's less than clean (by his own doing or otherwise), we're off the hook for paying a buyout and in good position to attract one of the clean guys and will simply move forward from there.

On MEM, they didn't have many 1st rounders but they did have several highly-regarded recruits during his tenure. That's the snag. Every 5/high-4-star guy doesn't necessarily end up a 1st rounder but that doesn't mean they didn't receive enticements along the way.

I don't believe Pastner would engage in that dirty business but I know MEM is surrounded by some icky figures. Shii, him being clean is part of the reason they didn't like Pastner. Think about that.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I'm kinda talking out of both sides of my arse on this one.

(a) If he's clean, it's as PeaCoat said, we're in great position to emerge as one of the stable, decent places for recruits to land.

(b) If he's less than clean (by his own doing or otherwise), we're off the hook for paying a buyout and in good position to attract one of the clean guys and will simply move forward from there.

On MEM, they didn't have many 1st rounders but they did have several highly-regarded recruits during his tenure. That's the snag. Every 5/high-4-star guy doesn't necessarily end up a 1st rounder but that doesn't mean they didn't receive enticements along the way.

I don't believe Pastner would engage in that dirty business but I know MEM is surrounded by some icky figures. Shii, him being clean is part of the reason they didn't like Pastner. Think about that.

i kinda view you more as a 'ronnette' not a ron. snicker. good post.

i feel that our coach will be vindicated. that doesnt mean we dont escape being the ncaa whipping boy imo.

my guess is the ncaa will so enraged at what the blue bloods have done that they will give gt the death penalty. pretty much par for that course.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That is just a silly statement. After seeing this article it becomes apparent, or atleast seems, to me that Ron sought CJP out with a premeditation to extort him. CPJ, while trying to be nice, made some poor choices in letting this nutball in. It truly seems like a Soprano’s episode.
I agree with most of this. But here's my take and prediction...

Bell is simply one of these people that has the type of emotional dysfunction and problems that has prevented him from making long-lasting and meaningful relationships. Upon his first meeting Josh, whenever that really was, Bell sensed that Josh was a goodhearted person. Josh befriended Bell out of the simple goodness of his heart knowing that Bell needed a friend. Bell exploited Josh's good-heartedness for many years without any nefarious intentions, at first. Because Josh wanted to keep helping Bell, he naively kept Bell relatively close to his circle...too close. As Josh was realizing that Bell's emotional dysfunction was becoming problematic and getting too close to the program, Josh began to separate himself from Bell. Bell's emotional fragility started to become apparent and started playing out to what to began unfold this past fall (?) when Bell first started going public.

I don't believe any of what Bell and Pendley are accusing Josh of...mostly. I do believe though that Bell has gotten too close and that some things have happened that the NCAA will find onerous. For instance, I'm somewhat suspect though that Pastner didn't know about the trips to AZ by Jackson and Okogie. There may be something to these types of relatively minor allegations.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="kg01, post: 402703, member: 11"

This is all just talk so hopefully no one brands me as a 'Ron'. :smuggrin:[/QUOTE]

‘A’ Ron is one thing; ‘THE’ Ron is something else entirely. I don’t think you’re that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I agree with most of this. But here's my take and prediction...

Bell is simply one of these people that has the type of emotional dysfunction and problems that has prevented him from making long-lasting and meaningful relationships. Upon his first meeting Josh, whenever that really was, Bell sensed that Josh was a goodhearted person. Josh befriended Bell out of the simple goodness of his heart knowing that Bell needed a friend. Bell exploited Josh's good-heartedness for many years without any nefarious intentions, at first. Because Josh wanted to keep helping Bell, he naively kept Bell relatively close to his circle...too close. As Josh was realizing that Bell's emotional dysfunction was becoming problematic and getting too close to the program, Josh began to separate himself from Bell. Bell's emotional fragility started to become apparent and started playing out to what to began unfold this past fall (?) when Bell first started going public.

I don't believe any of what Bell and Pendley are accusing Josh of...mostly. I do believe though that Bell has gotten too close and that some things have happened that the NCAA will find onerous. For instance, I'm somewhat suspect though that Pastner didn't know about the trips to AZ by Jackson and Okogie. There may be something to these types of relatively minor allegations.

And I agree with most of this. But also this: Bell had such a small, sad life, that once he got close to someone important, whom he began to idolize, he began to think he was important, too. When CPJ, or more precisely his admin, told him that was not true, he couldn’t handle it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
ive kinda fallen under the spell of a wicked witch from the north and havent had a chance to read all the posts of interest lately. not that im complaining.

s0.... who is the poster many think is ron in disguise?

crut

Helluva Engineer
ive kinda fallen under the spell of a wicked witch from the north and havent had a chance to read all the posts of interest lately. not that im complaining.

s0.... who is the poster many think is ron in disguise?

Alex Trebek: "This is either the plural form of pie topping, or what you could call it when a car dealership is giving out amazing deals."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Alex Trebek: "This is either the plural form of pie topping, or what you could call it when a car dealership is giving out amazing deals."

MiracleWhips, Alex ..... I mean, "What is Miracl .... doot-doot-doot ...

"Ohhh, he almost made it but time's up. You needed to phrase that in the form of a question to .."

Shut-up, Alex! Don'tchu think I know that?!

... and scene. :cigar: