Jeff Sims

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You're just making yourself look worse and worse dude, stop while you're ahead before you fall even farther behind. The pressure forced him to throw off his back foot, which means he couldn't drive his momentum forward as he threw the ball, hence why the throw was short. Once again, there is plenty of tape of Sims losing the ball while throwing, throwing into triple coverage, throwing off his back foot, but you dont see me finding snippets of film to satisfy the point im trying to get across. Funny thing is find me tape of Yates turning the ball over? You cant because there is none.
FIFY

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You're just making yourself look worse and worse dude, stop while you're ahead. The pressure forced him to throw off his back foot, which means he couldn't drive his momentum forward as he threw the ball, hence why the throw was short. Once again, there is plenty of tape of Sims losing the ball while throwing, throwing into triple coverage, throwing off his back foot, but you dont see me finding snippets of film to satisfy the point im trying to get across. Funny thing is find me tape of Yates turning the ball over? You cant because there is none.
Dude, he's talking about Sims not Yates. LOL! Sims threw off his back foot because he couldn't step into the throw. That's the same thing Yates did. That's the point. Same type of throw. Sims had the arm strength to get the ball there on time. Yates didn't, had to float it a little and gave the DB time to get back and it deflected off his back. A stronger throw and the ball would have been caught in stride for a TD. That's just the difference in arm strength. Again, it's not a knock on Yates to say he doesn't have the same physical tools Sims has.

kalld12

Banned
Dude, he's talking about Sims not Yates. LOL! Sims threw off his back foot because he couldn't step into the throw. That's the same thing Yates did. That's the point. Same type of throw. Sims had the arm strength to get the ball there on time. Yates didn't, had to float it a little and gave the DB time to get back and it deflected off his back. A stronger throw and the ball would have been caught in stride for a TD. That's just the difference in arm strength. Again, it's not a knock on Yates to say he doesn't have the same physical tools Sims has.
Muted, my goodness

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You're just making yourself look worse and worse dude, stop while you're ahead. The pressure forced him to throw off his back foot, which means he couldn't drive his momentum forward as he threw the ball, hence why the throw was short. Once again, there is plenty of tape of Sims losing the ball while throwing, throwing into triple coverage, throwing off his back foot, but you dont see me finding snippets of film to satisfy the point im trying to get across. Funny thing is find me tape of Yates turning the ball over? You cant because there is none.

***Use the I’m right you’re wrong tactic without evidence. I’m also going to use an untouched QB as evidence on why his under threw a wide open receiver****

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
giphy.gif

No pressure, clean pocket and still an under throw

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

No pressure, clean pocket and still an under throw
Floated. A lot of air under that ball. When you float throws, it's hard to be on-time. But, he got it there and the receiver caught it for a big gain. Good recognition of the open receiver and good touch. He has his strengths.

I know you're not criticizing Yates; he does the best he can with what he has and sometimes that's good enough. He's also not 6'3" 210# with a rocket arm and elusive speed.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You guys do realize the @Ibeeballin does this weekly for Rivals right? The resident "couch coach" as they call him? If he says he's seeing things on tape in his reviews, it's pretty safe to assume that he's got tape to back it up. Just because he only posted a couple doesn't mean that's all he's got.
Oh, we know he has a lot more tapes that he isn't showing, and many of them refute the points he's making. We remember the plays, though. They're in our memory banks. We haven't forgotten.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
You think people listen to you? Stop being petty and grow up!
I think I'm tougher on CGC than he is, but yes, I listen to him. He played and has been in those locker rooms. I don't have to agree, but I do appreciate his insight (and he's right about Sims vs Yates. Sims upside is just much higher - would have loved to see Yates in the 3O but...).

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think I'm tougher on CGC than he is, but yes, I listen to him. He played and has been in those locker rooms. I don't have to agree, but I do appreciate his insight (and he's right about Sims vs Yates. Sims upside is just much higher - would have loved to see Yates in the 3O but...).
Sims' upside is higher but he doesn't have to put down Yates and cherry-pick examples of Yates having unproductive plays, or say (incorrectly IMO) that Yates couldn't beat anyone on the schedule. That's my objection. That crap doesn't belong on this board.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Sims' upside is higher but he doesn't have to put down Yates and cherry-pick examples of Yates having unproductive plays, or say (incorrectly IMO) that Yates couldn't beat anyone on the schedule. That's my objection. That crap doesn't belong on this board.

Lol… you sound soft. No one is putting down Yates. It is what it is