Jeff Sims

kalld12

Banned
He could pull up some video of Yates' RedZone attempts and prove the point.

Aren't you also the guy who wanted Graham over Sims?
Show me one post you've posted that's added any value to a discussion other than taking what other people have wrote and find a way to add your .02 cents in? Who cares what i said over 2 years ago, obviously it still bothers you enough to bring it up. How does this add to the discussion again?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He could pull up some video of Yates' RedZone attempts and prove the point.

Aren't you also the guy who wanted Graham over Sims?
I'm not good at posting video snippets, and I can't remember which game, but I remember him threading the needle for about a 20-yard completion on 4th down when we had to convert. He's made plenty of good throws. And how relevant is it that someone preferred someone else two years ago? You yourself said you once thought Yates might be the answer. Who cares?

Is that you, smokey? Has someone commandeered your computer?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You obviously have more time than I to pull such footage, but to say Yates cant make these throws is just plain wrong!

Lol that’s the new excuse? I have more time on my hands?

Show me!!! It’s that simple!

Defense didn’t respect Yates that’s why he was pulled from the game
giphy.gif

Plain Wrong you say?

Missed a wide open McGowan here
giphy.gif

Our defense isnt good enough for a game manager. We are not UGA, we need a playmaker at Qb who can make all the throws to alleviate pressure off of the OL and RBs

giphy.gif

kalld12

Banned

giphy.gif

Plain Wrong you say?

giphy.gif

Our defense is good enough for a game manager. We are not UGA, we need a playmaker

giphy.gif
No excuses, just facts. These clips are cherry picked, I would be willing to have a discussion with you if you also showed the same amount of great throws he's made which hes made quite a few, many in clutch situations. You claim to be a fan of Yates, however, pushing the narrative that he cant make the same throws as Sims is once again wrong. Sims legs and arm strength are what gives him more upside. Yates however is a better game manager and makes better decisions with the ball. I personally put more weight on taking care of the ball than the other attributes.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It holds a lot of weight when you see plays where Yates missed open WR due to not either being able to see over the line or being able to extend plays with his legs. Yates do make that throw vs. Duke nor does he pose a threat in the run that gives our RB/OL a chance to be productive
Sims misses wide open receivers all the time due to not using his eyes, that's a terrible argument.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
No excuses, just facts. These clips are cherry picked, I would be willing to have a discussion with you if you also showed the same amount of great throws he's made which hes made quite a few, many in clutch situations. You claim to be a fan of Yates, however, pushing the narrative that he cant make the same throws as Sims is once again wrong. Sims legs and arm strength are what gives him more upside. Yates however is a better game manager and makes better decisions with the ball. I personally put more weight on taking care of the ball than the other attributes.
It's a cherry-picking fest. I'll refrain from posting the turnovers.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Sims misses wide open receivers all the time due to not using his eyes, that's a terrible argument.

What QB doesn’t? The argument is we would be better with Yates and that’s entirely not true. Saying he doesn’t turn the ball over is not the full equation. Yates is limited in his ability and UNC quickly exposed that. If Yates gave us the best chance to win, he would be playing right now

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

giphy.gif
Because he didn't get the first down he wasn't respected by the defense? This is a nonsense statement. As if Yates is the only QB we have who failed to make a first down. It's ridiculous

Plain Wrong you say?

giphy.gif
You post one play where he missed a receiver under pressure and claim it proves your point? It proves nothing except that you can pick cherries.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No, actually saying Yates can make the same throws Sims can make is what's wrong. I'm not knocking Yates; he brings other things to the table. But, he definitely doesn't have anywhere near the arm Sims has. That is a problem on longer throws; it takes too long to get there and the defense has time to react. Yates made some very good throws, but mostly those were shorter throws that were within the capacity of his arm strength. There have been a number of throws Sims has made that were big plays that were simply beyond Yates's ability. Again, not a knock on Yates.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So posting the exact plays for the QBs we are comparing & showing how they looked executing those same plays is now cherry-picking? Lol have at it
Picking out he plays that support you claim and ignoring all the rest is cherry picking. And you don't win the argument just because you're better at posting videos. If you can't remember counter-examples maybe you need to have you selective memory checked. Maybe you can't remember the 26 turnovers.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Mmm. One cherry-picked example. I'm impressed.
Here's a challenge for you then, go get some clips that shows Yates making the long throws. There aren't any that aren't sailed. The reason is because the coaches and he both know his limitations and they're not putting themselves in the position to fail. Playing within himself is very important to being successful. Yates does that better than Sims, but Sims has a broader "body" to play within,

kalld12

Banned
No, actually saying Yates can make the same throws Sims can make is what's wrong. I'm not knocking Yates; he brings other things to the table. But, he definitely doesn't have anywhere near the arm Sims has. That is a problem on longer throws; it takes too long to get there and the defense has time to react. Yates made some very good throws, but mostly those were shorter throws that were within the capacity of his arm strength. There have been a number of throws Sims has made that were big plays that were simply beyond Yates's ability. Again, not a knock on Yates.
Respectfully, disagree!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
And how do you know that the receivers weren't covered while he had "plenty of time"? One blitzer fell, but you ignored the other one. Didn't fit your narrative.

Bc i was at the game lol. Quit flailing

It’s man coverage. the guy didn’t even go with McGowan. This is a pre snap read. Yates is clearly not settled in decent pocket and ran into the tackle/DE that rushed upfield