James Graham Highlights

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I seem to remember the knock on him is his passing. Kinda like Nesbitt, canon, no accuracy.

Nesbitt was actually a pretty good passer coming out of high school. He put up some impressive passing numbers.

IMO, Graham is not he passing prospect Josh was coming out of HS, and he's not the passing prospect LJ is either. Graham is more explosive than both of them, and quite possibly one of the best athletes we've recruited for the QB position, and considering the offense we run, that could play heavily in his favor.

I still think TJ Yates is the future of our QB position if he does end up signing with us.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Graham will see the field a good bit next year. If he's not in the top 2 of the QB rotation, I expect him to switch back to WR and get looked to for screens/smoke routes/reverses on scripted plays. We have two fantastic QB prospects for our system coming in next year too. I am worried that while he's clearly a top 2 athlete at QB he won't be in the top 2 for running the offense. Largely that's because we have relatively known and great commodities in Lucas and Tobias. Lucas though may take some time getting up to speed again, and unless one of the freshmen lights it up as an early enrollee, we probably are forced to keep Graham at QB. Maybe we do that and design a few plays for him at receiver or back as well.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
After Tobias beats the pups this weekend I think we should probably keep playing him.

Miami and UVA pretty much shut Tobias down, if we want better seasons than ‘17-18 we have got to have a decent passing game next year, i love TO’s running and toughness but he is not the answer for a future starting QB, he is a backup/change of pace guy.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't understand the point of this thread. Unless something crazy happens, James Graham is not going to play in the last two games this season.

I agree. Possessions are going to be rare this game. No time for experimentation. TO may only get a few snaps like he did against Uva.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Miami and UVA pretty much shut Tobias down, if we want better seasons than ‘17-18 we have got to have a decent passing game next year, i love TO’s running and toughness but he is not the answer for a future starting QB, he is a backup/change of pace guy.
Do you remember Tevin as a passer early in his career versus late? Heck, even Godsey was horrible as a freshman.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
If he doesn’t make the 2 deep at QB next year, I think he needs to be moved to A Back.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Do you remember Tevin as a passer early in his career versus late? Heck, even Godsey was horrible as a freshman.

Both were way better than Oliver passing early on imo. I was actually excited about Tevin’s passing game when he started playing because he made progressions and didn’t always lock onto one reciever like Nesbitt did.