Jalen Johnson Cleared

Animal02

Banned
Drama Tech......WOW !!!
That wasn't the first time the "T" had been stolen, was it? Seems like it happened earlier than 1980, although I may be confusing that with multiple thefts of the whistle.
It had been stolen countless times....at one point, only the south T was left on the tower. I guess the east one was the easiest to get to. It was gone more often than not.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Wife made me a nice cross stitch of the Tech tower in '85 for graduation present. I tried to get her to leave off the T but she wouldn't.

"We've" (meaning GT fans) have also stole the T from other places like VT's stadium.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don't know the details of this case, but when I was at Tech, this was not an uncommon occurrence. In most cases, frat houses didn't look for trouble and tried to keep any events within the house. I can't recall any arrests in my day at my house. Of course, there was the infamous "two by four" party at a nearby house and that one did get out of hand ...

My fraternity house ALWAYS kept everything in house. It's amazing how many people can be in proximity of an event and not see a thing... :D

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anybody wanna interrupt the old frat dbag reminiscing session with some actual news on Jalen Johnson?

Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson said Monday that he will not suspend safety Jalen Johnson after the player was arrested Sunday on a charge of simple battery.

“I think I would urge everybody to let all the facts come in and let the investigation unfold and then we’ll make an appropriate statement and an appropriate action,” Johnson said Monday following the team’s practice. “But guys are innocent until proven guilty. Just because it happened doesn’t mean they’re always guilty, so let’s let the facts play out.”

Johnson said that “we’ve talked to several people” and gave indication that his decision to not take immediate action was not based solely on the principle of presumption of innocence.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has always said "We have one rule. 'Do Right' and I'm the judge." so if he's not suspended I would assume CPJ has deemed it not wrong.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Interesting. I'm still curious why arrests were made in all honesty. It's not a domestic. Very likely a he said / he said as to how it started. Maybe video evidence helped establish subjects as victims / peeps as well as probable cause. I'm still just conjecturing because I'm kinda surprised arrests were made.