Jalen Johnson Cleared

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
>player at uga gets arrested "LOL At least we don't recruit 5* bad eggs!!1!"

>player at Georgia Tech gets arrested "Must have been the frat stars fault"

The Georgia Tech Inferiority Complex strikes again.

Player at UGA gets arrested for: sleeping drunk behind the wheel at a red light, double cashing checks, committing sexual battery at a bar(while under the drinking age), ..........
Player at GT gets arrested for: not sure about the details but charged with a misdemeanor that basically means physically touching someone(not in a sexual manner or involving an injury).

It would take an extreme mutt homer to attempt to explain how the alleged offenses are even remotely similar. When more facts are known, I might change my opinion. However, for the moment, I'll let you keep the thieving, drunk driving, sexual predators, and I'll hope that GT keeps Johnson.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Player at UGA gets arrested for: sleeping drunk behind the wheel at a red light, double cashing checks, committing sexual battery at a bar(while under the drinking age), ..........
Player at GT gets arrested for: not sure about the details but charged with a misdemeanor that basically means physically touching someone(not in a sexual manner or involving an injury).

It would take an extreme mutt homer to attempt to explain how the alleged offenses are even remotely similar. When more facts are known, I might change my opinion. However, for the moment, I'll let you keep the thieving, drunk driving, sexual predators, and I'll hope that GT keeps Johnson.
Forgot possession of a firearm with an altered serial number

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Forgot possession of a firearm with an altered serial number

I did remember that one, and several others. Attempting to be overly fair and un-biased, I only included offenses off the top of my head that a rabid mutt fan could not defend in any way. I guess they would probably try to say that the guy sleeping behind the wheel intoxicated was because of a medical issue, but I would not have ANY patience for such an argument. The pistol with the serial number wiped off I believe was under the seat of the car that the individual was driving. I don't remember the outcome of that case, so I am not sure if it was his or if he didn't check under the seat before driving the car.(Something I never do) In the cases I listed: It took the police 30 minutes to wake the intoxicated individual, the players involved had systematically double cashed checks, and the player plead guilty to sexual battery in order to avoid larger charges.

My response to smathis30 was an attempt to say that it is too simplistic to say that 2 arrests in 9 years at GT(1 the DA dropped the charges, the other is a minor allegation that is open) is equivalent to 15-20 arrests per year at the cesspool(Many for DUIs, some for thefts, one for hit and run, a few for sexual assaults that were found guilty).

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Jalen Johnson described as never having been in ‘any kind of trouble’

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/jalen-johnson-never-been-in-any-kind-of-trouble/ns3wL/

After Oneonta (Ala.) High football coach Don Jacobs, who coached Georgia Tech safety Jalen Johnson, spoke Thursday with the AJC about his arrest on a charge for simple battery and the resulting suspension, Jacobs’ wife Jodie was spurred to act.

Jodie Jacobs wrote to the AJC to volunteer her thoughts and strong defense of Johnson, who along with safety Christian Campbell has been suspended from playing in games pending the school’s Office of Student Integrity into an altercation at a fraternity party on Sunday.

Jacobs’ e-mail:

“He is one that always says, ‘Yes, ma’am’ and ‘No, sir.’ He is one that has NEVER been in any kind of trouble. He is a college athlete who always makes it a point to visit my little one when he is home, and she loves him! He is a young man that would make you proud to call him your former player, your nephew, friend or son. Matter of fact, there’s a town full of us that would line up to tell you about the Jalen that we know. We believe in Jalen and believe that the facts surrounding this night will surface.”

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I did remember that one, and several others. Attempting to be overly fair and un-biased, I only included offenses off the top of my head that a rabid mutt fan could not defend in any way. I guess they would probably try to say that the guy sleeping behind the wheel intoxicated was because of a medical issue, but I would not have ANY patience for such an argument. The pistol with the serial number wiped off I believe was under the seat of the car that the individual was driving. I don't remember the outcome of that case, so I am not sure if it was his or if he didn't check under the seat before driving the car.(Something I never do) In the cases I listed: It took the police 30 minutes to wake the intoxicated individual, the players involved had systematically double cashed checks, and the player plead guilty to sexual battery in order to avoid larger charges.

My response to smathis30 was an attempt to say that it is too simplistic to say that 2 arrests in 9 years at GT(1 the DA dropped the charges, the other is a minor allegation that is open) is equivalent to 15-20 arrests per year at the cesspool(Many for DUIs, some for thefts, one for hit and run, a few for sexual assaults that were found guilty).

Just because I love this image... I couldn't find the original location where it would be updated through this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    680.9 KB · Views: 195

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget Reuben Houston....dismissed from the team for dealing huge quantities of narcotics.....and a judge ruled he had to be reinstated on the team till his charge was adjudicated. That judge seriously over stepped his authority there IMO. But the judge couldn't force Tech to give him playing time and damn Chan did anyway. I wasn't determined to can Chan until then but that put me over the edge.

My memory might be totally wrong, but I thought that judge also ruled he could not be "punished" by losing his playing time? Or WTTE

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My memory might be totally wrong, but I thought that judge also ruled he could not be "punished" by losing his playing time? Or WTTE

Not that I recall but that would be an even larger over reach and miscarriage of justice. All of it could and should have been immediately appealed by lawyers for Tech. Complete horse manure.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Last time we didn't suspend a player for doing practically nothing the NCAA hammered us worse than if we bought them cars, boats, hookers & drugs; set up fake classes for them to take; covered up child molestation or abused a bunch of rape victims.

Ummm...you know Penn State got hit WAY harder than we did, right?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
AJC: Suspensions over for Jalen Johnson, Christian Campbell
The suspensions for Georgia Tech football players Jalen Johnson and Christian Campbell have ended, according to Johnson’s high-school coach. Both players, who were suspended indefinitely Nov. 2 from playing in games, have been cleared to play in Saturday’s home game against Virginia at Bobby Dodd Stadium.