Jalen Johnson Cleared

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
After Monday press conference with CPJ it almost sounds like maybe the wrong guy was arrested

?

Our guy & LSU kid we're both arrested, correct?

Did not read all articles, so maybe missed it. If not those 2, who else should have been arrested?

Appears LSU player suspended, but not our guy.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
?

Our guy & LSU kid we're both arrested, correct?

Did not read all articles, so maybe missed it. If not those 2, who else should have been arrested?

Appears LSU player suspended, but not our guy.
Instead of two people getting arrested maybe it should have only been one or none at all. Maybe the police couldn't determine who threw the punch so they arrested both of them. Don't know for sure, but from CPJ tone it sounds like JJ shouldn't been arrested.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Instead of two people getting arrested maybe it should have only been one or none at all. Maybe the police couldn't determine who threw the punch so they arrested both of them. .
If so better charges would have been for disorderly conduct or affray.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Down where I'm from in South Georgia spitting would evolve instantly to all out assault with plow chains and axe handles.
If you have AIDS or some other type of fluid transmittable disease and you spit on someone it can be aggravated assault.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
And you did nothing also???

I was driving through the intersection, but slowed down enough and asked the cops why they weren't intervening. Seems that this area of town was called "The Murder Factory" and they said it wasn't a good idea to try and stop them. Too many crackheads and folks with weapons. Not to mention a sizable number of the location neighborhood had gathered to watch. The cops said it was better to let them get it out of their system and they would arrest them when they'll both be easier to handle.

Seemed like a good plan given the circumstances.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If you have AIDS or some other type of fluid transmittable disease and you spit on someone it can be aggravated assault.

Spitting? Not so much. Same subject bighting? That could apply as agg assault then. I think there might also be a law regarding attempt to transmit disease but I'd have to research to be certain.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I was driving through the intersection, but slowed down enough and asked the cops why they weren't intervening. Seems that this area of town was called "The Murder Factory" and they said it wasn't a good idea to try and stop them. Too many crackheads and folks with weapons. Not to mention a sizable number of the location neighborhood had gathered to watch. The cops said it was better to let them get it out of their system and they would arrest them when they'll both be easier to handle.

Seemed like a good plan given the circumstances.
Its different in the sticks of West Georgia area. I been policing for almost 12 years now. We jump in and try to save life and limb. But I totally understand circumstances in the metro make it a little more difficult.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Spitting? Not so much. Same subject bighting? That could apply as agg assault then. I think there might also be a law regarding attempt to transmit disease but I'd have to research to be certain.
There is. Don't know if it passed through the court but saw an officer charge agg assault because an HIV positive subject spit on them during the attempt to arrest.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, like I said. You get down around Ty Ty, Georgia and spit at or on somebody then assault is not even in the picture. It would be to the finish, all out war, and they wouldn't care if you were Queen Mary.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@IronJacket7
IMO not every magistrate judge would be willing to sign off on that one. I'd also be a bit surprised if it made it to court as charged. If so please let me know the eventual ruling if you come across it. Good info.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Like Ves, I also witnessed a street beating. In front of GSU Law School. Or, iow, right across the street from Atlanta Police Headquarters. I told the perp that if he didn't stop it I'd start yelling for the cops. And swear out the warrant.

That did it; he stopped. It's like the real estate people say, "Location, location, location!"

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Per twitter, Jalen and Christian Campbell have been suspended for upcoming games due to "ongoing police investigation..."

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Thanks jwsavhGT. With CPJ's comments earlier in the week I was thinking this had to have come down from the school itself.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
And I hate it too. I've seen several times where players get suspended for a game or two only to have the charges dropped 3 weeks later. No reason they can't wait these things out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't mind the suspension coming before its settled in court. Court can take forever even on a simple case like this. I also don't mind a suspension even if he's acquitted. Courts have reasonable doubt hurdle the school does not.

What I would mind is a suspension decision prior to the school investigating it properly on their end, seperate from the criminal case.