Jalen Johnson Cleared

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
It's always two side to every story. This kid could've gotten shoved or something and he was defending his self. The problem was that he was in the Frat house. Don't need to judge imo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
It's always two side to every story. This kid could've gotten shoved or something and he was defending his self. The problem was that he was in the Frat house. Don't need to judge imo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are frat houses now "safe spaces" where their members are not subject to the law? Just because he was in a frat house does not automatically make him guilty. In fact, it would be a prime location for everyone to "pile on" & blame a guest to protect their brother.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sometimes I look back and actually feel relief that I got through that teenage and early adult phase without making a complete fool of myself and doing something really stupid.

I wasn't that lucky. I made a fool of myself and did stupid things. (my wife would say I continue that trend to this day). Fortunately and by the grace of God there were no cell phones taking videos and/or internet back in my day. Also, the police were a lot more tolerant back then and had a "kids will be kids' attitude. Today's kids live in a 'zero tolerance' world and sadly, their stupidity (which really isn't any worse than that of previous generations) can cause life time repercussions.

Animal02

Banned
Sometimes I look back and actually feel relief that I got through that teenage and early adult phase without making a complete fool of myself and doing something really stupid. As far as that goes, doing something not really that stupid but just at the wrong time in the wrong place. i doubt the kid was sticking up the local bank, though. It will work out for him and I think Johnson will give him the appropriate punishment for whatever he did to the degree that he did it.
Cripes,. some of the stuff I did is now a felony.....(stealing the T attempt)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Dean dull grew out of the legendary leadership of Dean Griffin.

Those guys had seen so many great tech men your shame at bejng corrected by them was life changing.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Are frat houses now "safe spaces" where their members are not subject to the law? Just because he was in a frat house does not automatically make him guilty. In fact, it would be a prime location for everyone to "pile on" & blame a guest to protect their brother.

I don't know the details of this case, but when I was at Tech, this was not an uncommon occurrence. In most cases, frat houses didn't look for trouble and tried to keep any events within the house. I can't recall any arrests in my day at my house. Of course, there was the infamous "two by four" party at a nearby house and that one did get out of hand ...

Yes,. I was the only one not to get caught. (was a lookout on top of the west stands) It was cut down , on a rope ready to lower. when the GT police pulled up. In recalling the incident with Dean Dull years later....he labeled me a chicken.
LOL. What year was that, and what was your group called. I was still in school when a group I think that called themselves "The Fab Phantom Five" stole the whistle. I can't remember if I was still there when the "T" was stolen or not.

Yes,. I was the only one not to get caught. (was a lookout on top of the west stands) It was cut down , on a rope ready to lower. when the GT police pulled up. In recalling the incident with Dean Dull years later....he labeled me a chicken.
I guess there's still some of that "trouble-maker" mentality in you, what with you causing such a ruckus at the Pitt game.....LOL

Animal02

Banned
LOL. What year was that, and what was your group called. I was still in school when a group I think that called themselves "The Fab Phantom Five" stole the whistle. I can't remember if I was still there when the "T" was stolen or not.
DramaTech. The two guys on the tower had black face on,. the wood ladders were painted black ( wood from the theater shop) Needless to say, the theater finger prints were all over everything....this was 1980 IIRC. Dean Dull was a big supporter of DramaTech....the president of the theater got called on the carpet over that escapade.

DramaTech. The two guys on the tower had black face on,. the wood ladders were painted black ( wood from the theater shop) Needless to say, the theater finger prints were all over everything....this was 1980 IIRC. Dean Dull was a big supporter of DramaTech....the president of the theater got called on the carpet over that escapade.
Drama Tech......WOW !!!
That wasn't the first time the "T" had been stolen, was it? Seems like it happened earlier than 1980, although I may be confusing that with multiple thefts of the whistle.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

t-blur.jpg

I climbed, cut and lowered. 5 received it, dropped it in the bed of a truck and high-tailed it out of there. The only one that wasn't alarmed was the one on the front, with the 4-story fall if I slipped.

We met in the parking deck of the Alumni Association. Ended up going to the President's House at 2:30am for a photo op with Dr. Crecine and his son Rob.

Today, we'd have been arrested and kicked out of school.