Jalen Johnson Cleared

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Don't forget Reuben Houston....dismissed from the team for dealing huge quantities of narcotics.....and a judge ruled he had to be reinstated on the team till his charge was adjudicated. That judge seriously over stepped his authority there IMO. But the judge couldn't force Tech to give him playing time and damn Chan did anyway. I wasn't determined to can Chan until then but that put me over the edge.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Last time we didn't suspend a player for doing practically nothing the NCAA hammered us worse than if we bought them cars, boats, hookers & drugs; set up fake classes for them to take; covered up child molestation or abused a bunch of rape victims.
To you these things are criminal. To some coaches they are an opportunity.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

He's right. If you don't stick up for your family and friends you're missing something. This can lead to trouble, but you have to take that as it comes. My cousin got thrown out of military school a long time ago because he wouldn't sit still while one of his best friends was being publicly humiliated by the martinet who "commanded" the place. I've never been prouder of him then that day.

We'll see how this works out and if Johnson and Campbell stay at Tech. If they get a square deal and have an adequate defense, things should be ok.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Donavaughn Campbell was charged with 2 counts of battery/substantial physical harm (per AJC link above). . . I guess that could also be the same as simple battery committed by a 6'6 350 LB man.

Maybe Little Campbell is dimissed from LSU, learns from his mistake, and redeems himself with a career at GT?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Donavaughn Campbell was charged with 2 counts of battery/substantial physical harm (per AJC link above). . . I guess that could also be the same as simple battery committed by a 6'6 350 LB man.

Maybe Little Campbell is dimissed from LSU, learns from his mistake, and redeems himself with a career at GT?
LSU would not dismiss David Berkowitz if he had great hands and ran a 4.3 40 and promised not to do it again. On campus.

leftylover

Banned
He's right. If you don't stick up for your family and friends you're missing something. This can lead to trouble, but you have to take that as it comes. My cousin got thrown out of military school a long time ago because he wouldn't sit still while one of his best friends was being publicly humiliated by the martinet who "commanded" the place. I've never been prouder of him then that day.

We'll see how this works out and if Johnson and Campbell stay at Tech. If they get a square deal and have an adequate defense, things should be ok.
I don't know. If my family and or friends are making mistakes, I'll call em like I see em.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Conflicting versions about Jalen Johnson’s role in altercation

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co.../ns3jn/?icmp=myajc_internallink_megamenu_link

The narrative on the Georgia Tech police report stated that the arresting officer was approached by a group of males at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house early Sunday “with injuries to their faces and head stating that they had been punched by two individuals.”

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
My guess. some drunk dudes got in an argument. said drunk dudes were a little too courageous. jalen tried to calm drunk dudes. one drunk dude took his calming as aggressive and swung. that drunk dude learned not to swing at d1 caliber athletes.

I could be wrong but that's my guess.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
>player at uga gets arrested "LOL At least we don't recruit 5* bad eggs!!1!"

>player at Georgia Tech gets arrested "Must have been the frat stars fault"

The Georgia Tech Inferiority Complex strikes again.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
>player at uga gets arrested "LOL At least we don't recruit 5* bad eggs!!1!"

>player at Georgia Tech gets arrested "Must have been the frat stars fault"

The Georgia Tech Inferiority Complex strikes again.
Kid gets arrested at UGA with proof to what he did= proven guilty.

Kid gets arrested at GT with no proof at the time= innocent until proven guilty.

See how they are two totally different things?