Ireland

Got my ticket a month ago. FINALLY made my flight/hotel reservations today through Travelocity. Anyone else staying at the Waldron Hotel Pearce Street? Looks like a very easy walk to the stadium, and got a great flight/hotel combo rate.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of us going to the game that made our own land arrangements, does anyone know if the GT alumni are hiring buses for round trip rides to the game from any hotel or other location? Just curious as I'm heading over with a buddy of mine who has never been to a GT game and thought this might be a great trip to take in the Yellow Jackets.

For those of us going to the game that made our own land arrangements, does anyone know if the GT alumni are hiring buses for round trip rides to the game from any hotel or other location? Just curious as I'm heading over with a buddy of mine who has never been to a GT game and thought this might be a great trip to take in the Yellow Jackets.
I haven't heard of anything like that, but you might call Tech to find out for sure. I know they are having a pep rally Thursday or Friday night. Depending on where you will be staying, getting to central Dublin should be a snap, and then walk or catch a taxi to the game.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@Supersizethatorder-mutt

Thanks for the response. I remember for the Miami game back in the dark days of Chan some alum hired a bus that left from Coral Gables to the Orange Bowl and that worked out real well. That was in addition to the win before they tore the place down. I'll give Tech a call.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We got paid for 55 all expenses paid for (flight and ground). But instead of only taking 55, we are adding whoever else wants to go and splitting the costs for the extra people to everyone. As for who, anyone who will not be a freshman (logistic with incoming freshman would be difficult) and in marching band are eligible to go as long as they pay their share. Im not sure about cheerleaders, but I highly doubt goldrush since goldrush are not usually on away trips (besides bowl games).

They ought to do a 'gofundme' or fund raisers - I chip in.

I copied this from another forum, I don't know how many of you are aware.......

Time is running short to raise the $10,000 needed to get the Yellow Jacket Marching Band to Dublin, Ireland. The GTBAA (alumni band) is doing their part and as a member, I am hoping each of you can take a moment and make a donation and get our band there and make us proud as always.

https://www.gtbaa.org/

Last edited:
I copied this from another forum, I don't know how many of you are aware.......

Time is running short to raise the $10,000 needed to get the Yellow Jacket Marching Band to Dublin, Ireland. The GTBAA (alumni band) is doing their part and as a member, I am hoping each of you can take a moment and make a donation and get our band there and make us proud as always.

https://www.gtbaa.org/

Thanks for posting that. I didn't even know they were doing any fund raising for the trip. I hope others will be able to give even a little to help them get there.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised the Irish folks putting on the game didn't already include expenses to cover the bands...you'd think they would want to create the best game day environment they could bringing something like this across the Atlantic.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
LOL. "Latavia" just sent me the same message about shipping on 7/20. Said that we should receive an email once our tickets have been printed.

Still no tickets, still no email saying they have been shipped. Any of you other folks who were told 7/20 received them yet?

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm surprised the Irish folks putting on the game didn't already include expenses to cover the bands...you'd think they would want to create the best game day environment they could bringing something like this across the Atlantic.
The way that the promoters have been talking up the fact that BC & GT are bringing bands to the game tells me that there is some money specifically for the bands.

$10k has to be supplementing what money the Band is spending on the trip as that much money is less than what is spent when they send the Pep Band to the away games when they fly.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Update from the other forum.........
Wow! The response in this thread is pretty remarkable. Big thanks to bleedgold for getting this thread started! Some updates and clarifications about what's going on:

- The Georgia Tech Band Alumni Association (GTBAA) is the group doing the fundraising. The organization was made aware of a need and decided to do its best to help fill it.

- The Band was going on this trip and the money was going to be found in some way, shape, or form. Anything GTBAA raises in excess of what is needed for the Ireland trip will go directly to the Yellow Jacket Marching Band for them to use over the course of this season for anything that is needed (equipment repair/replacement, food, water, away game travel, something awesome that will improve the GAMEDAY experience, etc.)

-Over the weekend the needle moved from under 40% of the goal to over 50% of the goal through online donations alone! This does not include what came in on Monday and Tuesday of this week. The lag in the mail cycle won't allow for mailed check totals to be counted until probably a week after we end the campaign on 8/5.

GTBAA and the GT Band are extremely grateful for all of the gifts (no matter how great or small) from everybody in the Georgia Tech Family. THANK YOU to everybody who has donated so far!

The campaign has been going since April. I believe there was a thread here a couple of months ago on this. GTBAA, the organization behind this effort, is making its last sprint to the finish. It has nothing to do with GT, Athletics, or anybody's lack of planning. This is a nice thing an alumni group is doing to support the active kids in the organization they dedicated their time, blood, sweat, and tears to during their time at Tech. All of the donations from Hivers and the Tech Family that had nothing to do with the Band, were given out of the kindness of the individuals' hearts and it is most certainly appreciated by GTBAA and the active Band!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20160731_102327.jpg
This will be making the trip over!