Ireland

Animal02

Banned
I was in Dublin maybe 10 years ago, and I really don't remember much about it at all. I had thought about the hop-on/hop-off bus pass, but I don't know yet what I might be doing on Friday prior to the pep rally, and that's the only day I would be able to use it.
We were in Dublin three days.....by the third day, my 10 y.o. daughter was tired of walking everywhere. ;)

GT Macon Alum

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi Folks. I have two extra tickets for the Ireland game; they are Block 104 - lower level and great seats. Just trying to recoup my costs. Anybody interested?

irishbearsfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Now for the important stuff: when do the bars close and what's the ratio of red headed lasses?

Pub closing times vary, I don't think they'll be open after 1. There are late bars in the city centre that will stay open till later.

As for the red headed lasses, the ratio is small unfortunately!

On pubs in Ireland....we don't tip in pubs. Bar/restaurant staff are paid well here I believe compared to in the US. They will certainly appreciate it (!!!) but it's not a done thing. Same goes for taxis. Tipping is viewed as voluntary in Ireland.

10% in Restaurants would be considered a good tip. Some restaurants add a 12.5% service charge to the bill (particularly for a group of 6+), that's considered the tip in this case.

If anyone has questions, quote this and I'll try to answer!

Last edited:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_2016-08-21-16-38-51.png
Just incase some of yall may need this...

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
"Ginger" means any redhead, male or female. Don't you watch "The Walking Dead"? LOL One of the characters on that show, Abraham, has bright red hair and beard, and he has often been described as a "ginger".
He was referencing Ginger Rodgers. One of my favorite actresses from the 30's and 40's. On second though maybe he wasn't but that's where my mind went.