Ireland

"Listen... listen. ... listen. ... wait ... listen. ... wait ... I'm saying that in my country, Ginger means sexy movie star ..."
"Ginger" means any redhead, male or female. Don't you watch "The Walking Dead"? LOL One of the characters on that show, Abraham, has bright red hair and beard, and he has often been described as a "ginger".

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
"Ginger" means any redhead, male or female. Don't you watch "The Walking Dead"? LOL One of the characters on that show, Abraham, has bright red hair and beard, and he has often been described as a "ginger".
Verrryyy Gooood, supersize. That's why I used it in response to a post that referred to redheads.

Read my post again imagining ur a blind drunk cheese trying to pick one up.

Animal02

Banned
Another thing to consider when in Ireland. Restaurants do not operate the same as they to in the states. We walked into a place about 6 pm. It was completely empty....I was with my 10 y.o. daughter. Asked for a table for two. They said they were booked for the evening. ( there was no one in the place). The hostess eventually said if we could vacate the the table by 8, they could serve us. (Two hours for dinner with a ten y.o.,. not a problem. ). At 8:15.....we had been trying to flag down the waiter for 20 minutes.....long last the time we wanted to get out of there...and the place was still only have full. They operate on a completely different business model.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Another thing to consider when in Ireland. Restaurants do not operate the same as they to in the states. We walked into a place about 6 pm. It was completely empty....I was with my 10 y.o. daughter. Asked for a table for two. They said they were booked for the evening. ( there was no one in the place). The hostess eventually said if we could vacate the the table by 8, they could serve us. (Two hours for dinner with a ten y.o.,. not a problem. ). At 8:15.....we had been trying to flag down the waiter for 20 minutes.....long last the time we wanted to get out of there...and the place was still only have full. They operate on a completely different business model.
Speaking of eating with your kiddo, what are traditional places I could take my 12 yr.old to eat?
He will be tryin local cuisines, but I know he will want something comparable to the states just as a back up plan :).

Animal02

Banned
Speaking of eating with your kiddo, what are traditional places I could take my 12 yr.old to eat?
He will be tryin local cuisines, but I know he will want something comparable to the states just as a back up plan :).
The Pubs of course......they are very family friendly. Outside of Stews and Boxty (Irish pancakes) the food is pretty normal.. You will find a lot fish in coastal cities and more lamb on the menu in the states.
And of course....there is always McDonalds. (good place to stop for restrooms if you are driving)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
The Pubs of course......they are very family friendly. Outside of Stews and Boxty (Irish pancakes) the food is pretty normal.. You will find a lot fish in coastal cities and more lamb on the menu in the states.
And of course....there is always McDonalds. (good place to stop for restrooms if you are driving)
Thanks.
He will be pleased to not be eating lamb or Irish stew lol

Animal02

Banned
Thanks.
He will be pleased to not be eating lamb or Irish stew lol
The Temple Bar area in Dublin has lots of Pubs and restaurants......always very busy.....we had to make reservations a day early to get a seat anywhere. Outside of Dublin, the local pubs were usually good. We stayed at B&Bs and alawys asked the owners for a recommendation.

Animal02

Banned
How safe is it to walk in Dublin? Like in the area around Trinity College, and over towards Aviva Stadium?
It has been 15 years since I was there.......the Temple Bar area was / is a huge night life area. We walked everywhere......but also did the hop on hop off bus for one day just to get around quicker, it also went as far as Phoenix Park which is quite a hike. The stretch from Trinity to Guiness is very nice. Check out Christ Church Cathedral, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Dublin Castle, The area on the north side of Ha' penny bridge is a nice shopping district. The Jameson Distillery is on that side of the river and has tours as well if IIRC. Guiness is not a factory tour, it is only a museum.

It has been 15 years since I was there.......the Temple Bar area was / is a huge night life area. We walked everywhere......but also did the hop on hop off bus for one day just to get around quicker, it also went as far as Phoenix Park which is quite a hike. The stretch from Trinity to Guiness is very nice. Check out Christ Church Cathedral, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Dublin Castle, The area on the north side of Ha' penny bridge is a nice shopping district. The Jameson Distillery is on that side of the river and has tours as well if IIRC. Guiness is not a factory tour, it is only a museum.
I was in Dublin maybe 10 years ago, and I really don't remember much about it at all. I had thought about the hop-on/hop-off bus pass, but I don't know yet what I might be doing on Friday prior to the pep rally, and that's the only day I would be able to use it.