Introduce yourself

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Introducing myself!

I'm a girl whose parents raised her right - as a Tech fan! I grew up south of Atlanta and as a kid I can remember listening to Tech football on the radio and watching games on TV. I live in TN now but became a season ticket holder about 10 years ago, and I don't miss a game!

So yeah, I'm one of those sidewalk fans everybody loves to hate, but my love for GT runs pretty darn deep.
Welcome to the Swarm. Great to have another lady on board & sidewalk fans are special GT fans.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Introducing myself!

I'm a girl whose parents raised her right - as a Tech fan! I grew up south of Atlanta and as a kid I can remember listening to Tech football on the radio and watching games on TV. I live in TN now but became a season ticket holder about 10 years ago, and I don't miss a game!

So yeah, I'm one of those sidewalk fans everybody loves to hate, but my love for GT runs pretty darn deep.
Being a sidewalk fan myself I am rather partial toward them. You could have chosen any team in the nation, a football factory / powerhouse, one that gets constant exposure on ESPN or you could have just gone with a school that has a bigger following. But you chose a unique tradition of academic excellence and trying to succeed on the field doing things the right way. You even chose one of the most important parts of Atlanta's history. Welcome!

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Class of '93
Best game ever? Despite being present for all the games during the Championship season in '90-'91, my favorite game I've ever been to is 2013 ACC Championship game vs FSU. As the definitive underdogs without much hope seen from most, it was incredible to sit in the stands and see the turnaround in the game - you could FEEL that Tech suddenly believed they could win late in the game. Even though it didn't pan out, it was such an awesome underdog game to see the players realize that they deserved to be at that game!
I've been a Tech fan since I was 3 - I wanted to go where my dad went, and so I did! And I couldn't be prouder of my education and the fact that our athletes are different; they actually go to class and get a real education!
My favorite thing about Tech football is that it is a TEAM effort. Win or lose, good or bad season, they do it together with no single hero. The style of offense that CPJ runs means everyone has to be willing to sacrifice and block. I LOVE it!
Working on converting my husband (Ole Miss grad) to a Tech fan and making my kids my Tech "minions"!

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Class of '93
Best game ever? Despite being present for all the games during the Championship season in '90-'91, my favorite game I've ever been to is 2013 ACC Championship game vs FSU. As the definitive underdogs without much hope seen from most, it was incredible to sit in the stands and see the turnaround in the game - you could FEEL that Tech suddenly believed they could win late in the game. Even though it didn't pan out, it was such an awesome underdog game to see the players realize that they deserved to be at that game!
I've been a Tech fan since I was 3 - I wanted to go where my dad went, and so I did! And I couldn't be prouder of my education and the fact that our athletes are different; they actually go to class and get a real education!
My favorite thing about Tech football is that it is a TEAM effort. Win or lose, good or bad season, they do it together with no single hero. The style of offense that CPJ runs means everyone has to be willing to sacrifice and block. I LOVE it!
Working on converting my husband (Ole Miss grad) to a Tech fan and making my kids my Tech "minions"!

This year should be a good year to convert him.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
This year should be a good year to convert him.
I hope so! I told him we never play Ole Miss and so it shouldn't be a problem and then after 40 years we had to actually play them in a bowl game!

He did actually ask to go to 2 games with me this year, so that's progress!

SarasotaDad

Georgia Tech Fan
Featured Member
One of my sons and my daughter-in-law are both Grads of GT. They are both avid fans. I have been following GT football since about 2003. I am still a die hard Syracuse University fan as I lived in Syracuse for most of my life. We moved to the Sarasota, Florida area about 7 years ago. NO SNOW!!!!!!!! GT has become a very close second for my allegiance. It greatly eases the pain of college football over the last many years being an SU fan.
Best game by far was the GT vs Clemson game for the ACC championship in Tampa in 2009. GT won a triller 39-34. Not only was that the best GT game I have witnessed, it is arguably on of the top 2 college games I have ever seen in person. With Syracuse now a part of the ACC, I get to indulge in my 2 favorite teams all the time. There was supposed to be SU vs GT game two years ago but my SU team didn't show up, at all, losing 50 something to 0. I have a son-in-law that is a Virginia Tech alum. A few more ACC affiliations and I may just have a complete set.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Welcome!
I think the ACC is the most interesting conference in the country because of its cultural and geographical diversity. We have liberal arts schools and schools of technology, state schools and private schools, a Jesuit school and two Methodist schools, urban schools, inner city schools and rural schools. Syracuse has a proud tradition both in football prowess and also in helping break down some racial barriers. My wish for the program is that they improve and enter the national conversation again. As long as they always lose to Tech. :)

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Introducing myself!

I feel like I didn't arrive on this board until someone referred to me as a Sidewalk Fan recently. But, it's the "fan" part that counts. Along with the "don't miss a game."

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Been lurking and reading for a while and I figured I'd take the plunge! This board is a fantastic wealth of Tech and Tech Football information so thanks to everybody who contributes.

I've been a true Ramblin' Wreck for a decade now as I'm 2005 RAT. My family always rooted for Tech with the Bobby Cremins and George O'Leary NY ties so it wasn't even a question which college team in the state we were supporting when we moved to GA in '98.

I proudly served in the Georgia Tech Band from 2005 all the way to the Orange Bowl in 2010 and have a fantastic catalog of memories from my time.

Go Jackets! THWg!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One of the many reasons I like following Tech is that it is in many ways a national team, not just a southern team. Over the years the Braves, the Cowboys, Stanford and Notre Dame were other teams that could boast a national following at one time or another. Tech has been doing that for longer than I have been alive.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Graduated 2013. Been a GT fan since birth. Uncle played for GT, and William Alexander is my great grandfather, so there was no other choice than to be a GT fan. Love this site. I don't post often, mostly because it seems what I would say wouldn't contribute much, but I love hearing what other have to say. Was reading ST for a long time, but it got to the point where everyone was a j$%^ a#% and there was no real GT discussion.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Welcome to you, Natureboy, from snow country upstate. I have had family from up there. I'm from Binghamton, however like yourself-been here most of my life.

Cuse Jacket is one of the best moderators you could ever find. He does this without any compensation, and one heck of a nice dude.

Will look forward to your posts and input! In the words of Big Al Ciraldo, "Bless you Brother".

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Welcome!
For those in the know, Tech attracts the best fans of the southern football base as well as the most interesting fans from all over the country. We are worldly, knowledgeable and cosmopolitan, all the while remaining humble because football, like life, is difficult to win at consistently if you play by the rules. But none of us would trade our humility, and occasional humiliation, for the shiny objects of easy tests, quick fixes or sacrificing integrity.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What's up loyal GT fans, I'm the natureboy,and I love GT.I'm originally from buffalo, N.Y., but I have been in Atlanta for most of my life.So go Tech!!
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!