Introduce yourself

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Wanted to start a thread to introduce yourself...

I think you all know I'm Eric
I'm a recruiting fanatic
For a living I work at a production company
Been married for a little over a year
No kids but do have two pitbulls that get treated like my kids

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Seems everyone is a bit shy.

Class of '05 in Computer Engineering.
I've been working for a bank since I graduated.
Loved them or hated them, I was one of those guys that painted up for home games. These guys stand in the north end zone now.
I've been a pretty strong proponent of CPJ; still believe he can succeed at GT.
If I'm not following GT stuff, I'm probably following MMA/UFC events.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
'09 Mechanical Engineering
Besides following GT, my hobbies mostly consist of fishing. I've caught nearly every fish you would want to catch. I've still got Wahoo and Marlin left on my list.
Engaged. No kids, 7 mo old Lab.
I'm a big believer in the fundamentals of CPJs system, feel we need to improve recruiting and that we've taken positive steps in that direction.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
James
Summer freshman at Tech. ME major.
Sports fanatic. Played football, basketball, and track in high school and was All-Region 3AA in football.
Grandparents and parents went to Tech. So I've been going to games since before I could walk.
Was raised on a farm so i like to fish, hunt, ect.
Big believer in CPJ's offensive system, i think its a great equalizer for us.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
'07 Computational Media and '09 Human-Computer Interaction
User Experience Architect at Cartoon Network.
Married for 6 years.
1 Daughter that's 5 months old.
Worked for GT Football and Basketball as a Student Athletic Trainer while at GT.

*Bonus points if you know who my avatar is.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Apparently I'm from the Dark Ages... Class of '86
Enjoy keeping up with GT Sports. Stumbled upon the site and look forward to reading various perspectives regarding GT Sports on gtswarm.

gtdrew

Banned
I'm Drew.
Just turned 30.
I'm a creative consultant.
I have a man crush on CPJ. Sometimes I think his intelligence works to his detriment, in that he thinks everything he calls is going to work, but he's the guy we need @ GT.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey everyone, my name is Daniel and I am 24. Georgia State graduate and originally from Texas. I already liked GT before I moved here and then it was very easy for me to choose GT. Couldn't stand the mutts or their fans...

Love everything Georgia Tech and would like to get my MBA from there one day.

I work at a small software company and work here on the side. I love recruiting and enjoy covering it. My dream job would be to do this full time! (who wouldn't want to cover their favorite team for a living??)

Love to hear feedback but only positive =)

Thanks,

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey James, why did you decide to enroll in the summer?
Had no choice. Tech wouldn't take me as a fall freshman. The last 250 that are accepted are told to come in the summer. It's not all bad, I've already got a few bids at some frats and I'm only taking 6 hours.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Had no choice. Tech wouldn't take me as a fall freshman. The last 250 that are accepted are told to come in the summer. It's not all bad, I've already got a few bids at some frats and I'm only taking 6 hours.

They actually told you that? Hah. Talk about inspiration for the new student!

Well, best of luck to ya. You'll definitely have a leg up on all the freshmen that come in the fall. ;)

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
*Bonus points if you know who my avatar is.

No idea.

Apparently I'm from the Dark Ages... Class of '86
Enjoy keeping up with GT Sports. Stumbled upon the site and look forward to reading various perspectives regarding GT Sports on gtswarm.
Welcome!

I have a man crush on CPJ. Sometimes I think his intelligence works to his detriment, in that he thinks everything he calls is going to work, but he's the guy we need @ GT.
Didn't mean to turn this into a "Do you believe in CPJ?" thread. :D

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just as a piece of advice, you might get used to the term "fraternity". It'll make pledging easier.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
'01 MGT grad.
Been in the commercial loan industry for a while now.
Grew up an FSU fan because Charlie Ward is from my grandparents' hometown and a buddy of mine played there in the mid-90's.
Always knew I had to go to GT because it was my father's dream until me and my sister came around. He and my mom were like 18-19 so he joined the Air Force to take care of the family.
Big GT basketball fan

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
'08 BME Grad/ Masters BME night time student at JHU
I do research on prosthetics and rehab/ human performance for the Army
I grew up a huge Tennessee fan, both parents went there, in the state of GA so I hate UGA with a passion. I honestly never thought there would be a time when I looked more forward to GT football season than UT, but now I only kind of follow UT and can't get enough GT.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
TheTaxJacket is in da swarm!!!!!! Glad to be here. Me and ole' Eric go way back. Very happy for Eric. He has always been passionate about recruiting and I commend him for following his passion.

I am a GSU (GA State) undergrad in business and a Master of Taxation from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. I currently work in public accounting at a big 4 firm.

Been a GT fan for as long as I can remember. Went GT baseball camps in summer growing up and it was awesome.