Introduce yourself

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
They key back then was to never register your car with GT Parking - that way they could never tie your student number (SSN :wideyed:) to the parking tickets. Got towed out of the small lot behind Smith once and thankfully the license plate had changed - only had to pay for that one ticket and tow. They had a huge file system full of paper tickets over at GTPD. Probably still some with my "name" on them over there. :whistle: Now that they have some sort of S.C.M.O.D.S.

I'm sure you cannot hide from your tickets like you used to.

My 5th year daughter has to get her first parking pass - year 1 & 2 was on campus without a car, 3 & 4 were off-campus co-ops with a friend on an opposite schedule that lent her a pass. So $776 for three years worth of parking. Apparently with the additions ol' Clyde put in, it isn't quite the "license to hunt" like it used to be. Although parking for Area 1 dorms must be difficult with the SAE & Techwood lots being gone and the addition of the Olympic dorms.

I read the Appalachian State piece. Same old Clyde, more worried about the style and color of the brick than whether it was needed to begin with.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
My name is Dena and I've been a member here since June of last year. I read a lot and post on occasion if I feel I have something to contribute or want to make a joke. (Probably more of the latter.) Thought I should finally introduce myself. I was born in Atlanta and have been a Tech fan as long as I can remember. I became a serious fan when my oldest son started at Tech in 2009. He took me to my first football game against Miami and we sat (stood) in the front row of the south end zone student section! After that I was hooked! He gave me season tickets for Mother's Day and has every year since. Haven't missed a home game since then! He became a EE graduate in 2013, ECE masters in 2015 and is now working on his doctrine while working as a GRA and teaching a project building class. My youngest son starts at Tech next week in Applied Mathematics. Needless to say I am a proud GTMom. My family calls me a fanatic when it comes to Georgia Tech football and I'm proud of it! [emoji2] I enjoy reading all the news and insight here on the Swarm. #GoJackets #TogetherWeSwarm #THWg

Never heard of you.;) Ban her. As a member since 2013, I am a senior fellow on this board with almost 20 posts.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Never heard of you.;) Ban her. As a member since 2013, I am a senior fellow on this board with almost 20 posts.
Came close already, dang STalkers got my thread locked! ...and I have 47 points! So nana nana boo boo...[emoji12]

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I put another one on the board on Friday.
Yep if you really want to go back in time.......go to utube and tupe in GT Bob......its the ballgames from 51-55 and you can see tech names like Teas.Mitchell and Rotenberry and Menger and of course the Morris boys...pay attention to the different sets Dodd used.........not bad film and you will enjoy it.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Yep if you really want to go back in time.......go to utube and tupe in GT Bob......its the ballgames from 51-55 and you can see tech names like Teas.Mitchell and Rotenberry and Menger and of course the Morris boys...pay attention to the different sets Dodd used.........not bad film and you will enjoy it.

I'm glad you were able to find it Mack. I knew you would love it. I watched it twice yesterday :)

I tried to get in touch with foggy to tell him

Mack

Helluva Engineer
How's he doing? Haven't seen him around for a while.
Hell dude is like fine wine...........still going strong after all kinds of ailmens......his computer is busted I think........he is still tech to the core\

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Hell dude is like fine wine...........still going strong after all kinds of ailmens......his computer is busted I think........he is still tech to the core\

You mean Tech, not tech. Say hi to him, he was looking for last rights three or four years ago.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
You mean Tech, not tech. Say hi to him, he was looking for last rights three or four years ago.
forgive my English...was taking fresheman English 101 last quarter in college but yeah he has been down a while but he will not quit..he has had heart attacks ,arthritis and pancreatic problems as well as diabetes but he gets stronger each time he is faced with a medical problem

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey guys, figured I'd be formal and introduce myself.

Class '14 Computer Engineering, current grad student in CmpE and EE
Currently working at GTRI
I've always loved CPJ even before I was a student here at Tech, and I still believe he can succeed (love arguing this with my friends hahaha)

I've been reading this board for years now, but for some reason am just now starting to post. Glad to join the community!

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow

I've always loved CPJ even before I was a student here at Tech, and I still believe he can succeed (love arguing this with my friends hahaha)

I've been reading this board for years now, but for some reason am just now starting to post. Glad to join the community!
Welcome aboard!

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck

Welcome in.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Introducing myself!

I'm a girl whose parents raised her right - as a Tech fan! I grew up south of Atlanta and as a kid I can remember listening to Tech football on the radio and watching games on TV. I live in TN now but became a season ticket holder about 10 years ago, and I don't miss a game!

So yeah, I'm one of those sidewalk fans everybody loves to hate, but my love for GT runs pretty darn deep.