Introduce yourself

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Total look at me post:
I have introduced myself before, but I am Rob Rolfes. Tech alum from '99 BCE. I work in Atlanta and have had season tickets since graduation. My main claim to fame is I currently maintain this website:
GT Bob YouTube Channel

The main purpose of this post is that I am always on the lookout for Tech games. I can convert DVD, VHS, digital, and have capacity on a reduced level for Betamax. If you have tapes you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be glad to convert them and give them back. PM me with any details and we'll figure it out. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Total look at me post:
I have introduced myself before, but I am Rob Rolfes. Tech alum from '99 BCE. I work in Atlanta and have had season tickets since graduation. My main claim to fame is I currently maintain this website:
GT Bob YouTube Channel

The main purpose of this post is that I am always on the lookout for Tech games. I can convert DVD, VHS, digital, and have capacity on a reduced level for Betamax. If you have tapes you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be glad to convert them and give them back. PM me with any details and we'll figure it out. Thanks for your time!
Because of your videos, I have spent way too much time watching the old games, and for that I blame you.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Total brag post: I met and had lunch with @BobintheATL99 a few weeks ago thanks to a mutual friend/coworker of his. Rob is a great guy - matches/exceeds the value he provides us with the YouTube channel. If YouTube is his primary home then I hope GTSwarm turns into his lakehouse :cool:
We'll need to hook up again for lunch. I enjoyed your war stories. You should write up a behind the scenes for 2014 COFH if it won't get you stripped of privileges.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
My name is Dena and I've been a member here since June of last year. I read a lot and post on occasion if I feel I have something to contribute or want to make a joke. (Probably more of the latter.) Thought I should finally introduce myself. I was born in Atlanta and have been a Tech fan as long as I can remember. I became a serious fan when my oldest son started at Tech in 2009. He took me to my first football game against Miami and we sat (stood) in the front row of the south end zone student section! After that I was hooked! He gave me season tickets for Mother's Day and has every year since. Haven't missed a home game since then! He became a EE graduate in 2013, ECE masters in 2015 and is now working on his doctrine while working as a GRA and teaching a project building class. My youngest son starts at Tech next week in Applied Mathematics. Needless to say I am a proud GTMom. My family calls me a fanatic when it comes to Georgia Tech football and I'm proud of it! [emoji2] I enjoy reading all the news and insight here on the Swarm. #GoJackets #TogetherWeSwarm #THWg
It was good to meet you at Fan Day.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Total look at me post:
GT Bob YouTube Channel

You can be as shameless as you like in introducing yourself. Before you came on the scene I was always looking for someone who would do exactly what you are doing. As another has said, if I had old games on tape I would give you every one so you could throw it out into the universe. Thank you for all that you do.

On a minor note, there are certain vintage games that I would love to be able to watch again but do not know if they even exist anymore. They do not even all have to be Tech wins.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
You can be as shameless as you like in introducing yourself. Before you came on the scene I was always looking for someone who would do exactly what you are doing. As another has said, if I had old games on tape I would give you every one so you could throw it out into the universe. Thank you for all that you do.

On a minor note, there are certain vintage games that I would love to be able to watch again but do not know if they even exist anymore. They do not even all have to be Tech wins.
There have been a few that have garnered "WHY????", but I want to get everything up that can be gotten. Be true to the school. If you have a list of games, please feel free to email it to me so I can be on the lookout. One issue I run in to is that I don't know what was broadcast before 1995 outside of the '91 and '92 seasons.

Another aside, I've been working on some side but related projects. Check the 2015 ACCCG and bowl games out, hyperlinks below in the descriptions... I'll just leave it at that.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember Clyde and the old free student center parking deck. You better not be him.
Definitely NOT Dr. Robbins. Just wanted a handle that would be GT-centric and reminiscent of my time at The Institute.

Free parking. Ha ha. I remember $35 annual parking passes - and there were just two classes of parking spaces; student and faculty.

FYI - After changing parks in to water-filled parking decks and bricking, speed bumping & chaining GT for 25 years Dr. Robbins moved on to Appalachian State to do the same for 17 more.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Definitely NOT Dr. Robbins. Just wanted a handle that would be GT-centric and reminiscent of my time at The Institute.

Free parking. Ha ha. I remember $35 annual parking passes - and there were just two classes of parking spaces; student and faculty.

FYI - After changing parks in to water-filled parking decks and bricking, speed bumping & chaining GT for 25 years Dr. Robbins moved on to Appalachian State to do the same for 17 more.
Parking passes for the year are now over $700! So that's over $1400 for both my sons parking in SC deck!! Ouch!

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow

Yep, the SC deck would pay for itself in user fees. The next year, parking went from $35 to $220 and then they came up with the parking zones.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
We used to park over by Wachovia for free. In the end, they only made me pay the late fees for all my parking tickets, so it cost me $55 to park for the year.

They key back then was to never register your car with GT Parking - that way they could never tie your student number (SSN :wideyed:) to the parking tickets. Got towed out of the small lot behind Smith once and thankfully the license plate had changed - only had to pay for that one ticket and tow. They had a huge file system full of paper tickets over at GTPD. Probably still some with my "name" on them over there. :whistle: Now that they have some sort of S.C.M.O.D.S.
MySpaceGens_9171955359.gif

I'm sure you cannot hide from your tickets like you used to.

My 5th year daughter has to get her first parking pass - year 1 & 2 was on campus without a car, 3 & 4 were off-campus co-ops with a friend on an opposite schedule that lent her a pass. So $776 for three years worth of parking. Apparently with the additions ol' Clyde put in, it isn't quite the "license to hunt" like it used to be. Although parking for Area 1 dorms must be difficult with the SAE & Techwood lots being gone and the addition of the Olympic dorms.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My name is Dena and I've been a member here since June of last year. I read a lot and post on occasion if I feel I have something to contribute or want to make a joke. (Probably more of the latter.) Thought I should finally introduce myself. I was born in Atlanta and have been a Tech fan as long as I can remember. I became a serious fan when my oldest son started at Tech in 2009. He took me to my first football game against Miami and we sat (stood) in the front row of the south end zone student section! After that I was hooked! He gave me season tickets for Mother's Day and has every year since. Haven't missed a home game since then! He became a EE graduate in 2013, ECE masters in 2015 and is now working on his doctrine while working as a GRA and teaching a project building class. My youngest son starts at Tech next week in Applied Mathematics. Needless to say I am a proud GTMom. My family calls me a fanatic when it comes to Georgia Tech football and I'm proud of it! [emoji2] I enjoy reading all the news and insight here on the Swarm. #GoJackets #TogetherWeSwarm #THWg
Good job Mom.........we certainly need more folks like you and your attitude towards the jackets.