Introduce yourself

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to you, Natureboy, from snow country upstate. I have had family from up there. I'm from Binghamton, however like yourself-been here most of my life.

Cuse Jacket is one of the best moderators you could ever find. He does this without any compensation, and one heck of a nice dude.

Will look forward to your posts and input! In the words of Big Al Ciraldo, "Bless you Brother".
Appreciate the compliment. I don't do anything different than the other moderators - John and Boomergump. None of us are compensated and we invest personal time by choice/addiction. Pretty much the same for everyone else who contributes here... main difference being John's willingness to let me screw things up once in a while.

UltimateBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello. I'm from South Florida, about a half hour north of Fort Lauderdale (and hate UM with a passion). Became a big GT fan when my son attended Tech. He earned his Computer Engineering Degree in 2012, and his Master's in Electrical & Computer Engineering in 2013.

Been reading here for a few years now. Finally joined yesterday when we came up here for the game without tickets & I saw Longest Day posted he had some extra seats. Had to join to contact him! And btw, he could not have been nicer to a total stranger, but who he knew was GT fan. I like that about GT fans; we are all in the same boat so be friendly, & be glad you have another fan on your side.

WreckedbyWhiskey

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys - I've been reading this blog for some time now and just now joining.

Not sure what to say here but here goes nothing:
- I was a ChBE major and got out in 2012
- Grew up an SEC fan (not by choice - I won't tell you what team) but I wanted a decent education so I found myself applying to Tech due to encouragement from 2 older friends that I grew up with (both Tech alum)
- I immediately became one of Tech's biggest fans and had (still have) HUGE expectations (sometimes unrealistic) of the sports program
- So much love for the Wreck (Reck Club alum)
- Try to make every game (even away games)

Plainly put, my heart bleeds white and gold.

Go Jackets!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I graduated(not got out) of GT in 1965. I say graduated because I loved my days as a GT student. I was sad the day it ended. I am retired from Lockheed Martin after a 30 year career. I have been a season ticket holder since 1967, and at one time did not miss a home game from 1970 thru 2013, I missed the last two 2013 games due to a hip replacement. I am now suffering from a torn Achilles tendon which will probably end my long running career, which began with the GT track team in 1963 and included the last 24 Peachtree Road Races. I have always loved GT football and it was truthfully the reason I entered the school. I heard about The Swarm from a friend who knew I had gotten tired of all the negativity toward our Coach and players on two other sites.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I graduated(not got out) of GT in 1965. I say graduated because I loved my days as a GT student. I was sad the day it ended. I am retired from Lockheed Martin after a 30 year career. I have been a season ticket holder since 1967, and at one time did not miss a home game from 1970 thru 2013, I missed the last two 2013 games due to a hip replacement. I am now suffering from a torn Achilles tendon which will probably end my long running career, which began with the GT track team in 1963 and included the last 24 Peachtree Road Races. I have always loved GT football and it was truthfully the reason I entered the school. I heard about The Swarm from a friend who knew I had gotten tired of all the negativity toward our Coach and players on two other sites.
Let me add a very warm welcome, 65Jacket. You arrived at Tech not too long after I had left, but I'll bet we have (or had) some mutual friends. BTW, did you know Lennie Cohen while you were at Lockheed?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Thank you for welcoming me to this community.
I'm a GT alumnus originally from Maryland but now living in Georgia. I became a GT fan a couple of years before coming to GT when I saw this freshman kid shooting the lights out while watching an ACC basketball game. Of course that was Mark Price. I became an instant GT basketball fan and when I finally got to GT myself I became completely wrapped up in all things GT. I even wrote for the Technique for a while on the sports staff (which was an incredible blast).
I'll probably lurk here more than anything else because I love the different flavors of each message board and the uniqueness each community offers.

gtgirl6

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone!
I'm a current student here at GT, about to graduate in the spring with a BS in Math. I'm a member of the band and have been fortunate to see all kinds of great games both at home and in away stadiums. (Personal favorites- Being at Virginia Tech last year for the win and being at Notre Dame this year, standing on the field and walking through the tunnel.
I just like absorbing all things GT Football and will be reading all the articles I can.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello everyone!
I'm a current student here at GT, about to graduate in the spring with a BS in Math. I'm a member of the band and have been fortunate to see all kinds of great games both at home and in away stadiums. (Personal favorites- Being at Virginia Tech last year for the win and being at Notre Dame this year, standing on the field and walking through the tunnel.
I just like absorbing all things GT Football and will be reading all the articles I can.
Welcome to GTSwarm!

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello all!
I'm a dedicated Georgia Tech fan, and bleed white and gold, as any good man should. I have been fortunate enough to attend:
GT vs. FSU 2008- the electricity in the stadium when Rashaad Reid came out with the ball was unforgettable!
GT vs. VPISU 2009- All the way turnt up
GT vs Clemson 2011- Tevin leads us to victory
GT vs Miami 2014- finally beat the thUgs
GT at UGA 2014- looking at all the sad mutt faces and tearing up the hedges was memorable to say the least
Go Jackets and THWg!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hello all!
I'm a dedicated Georgia Tech fan, and bleed white and gold, as any good man should. I have been fortunate enough to attend:
GT vs. FSU 2008- the electricity in the stadium when Rashaad Reid came out with the ball was unforgettable!
GT vs. VPISU 2009- All the way turnt up
GT vs Clemson 2011- Tevin leads us to victory
GT vs Miami 2014- finally beat the thUgs
GT at UGA 2014- looking at all the sad mutt faces and tearing up the hedges was memorable to say the least
Go Jackets and THWg!
Are you the same Jacketman who I know from the comments section on the AJC sports? (I hope so)

cgibson888

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello Everyone, my name is Cliff. My older brother is the Tech Alum. I wanted to go but for some reason I was told I had to be good at math..... (But I did not go to Georgia!) My very first GA Tech game was the Peach Bowl in 78 or 79 at the Old Atlanta / Fulton County Stadium. A loss against Purdue. I would have been 14 I guess. I have had seasons tickets to football on and off for over 25 years.
I also like to attend a few Basketball games every year. Basketball is the actual reason I joined the SWARM today. I have become very discouraged at how our team has performed over the last several years and I wanted to read some of my fellow Tech fans comments about that. I look forward to interacting with everyone. THWG!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hello Everyone, my name is Cliff. My older brother is the Tech Alum. I wanted to go but for some reason I was told I had to be good at math..... (But I did not go to Georgia!) My very first GA Tech game was the Peach Bowl in 78 or 79 at the Old Atlanta / Fulton County Stadium. A loss against Purdue. I would have been 14 I guess. I have had seasons tickets to football on and off for over 25 years.
I also like to attend a few Basketball games every year. Basketball is the actual reason I joined the SWARM today. I have become very discouraged at how our team has performed over the last several years and I wanted to read some of my fellow Tech fans comments about that. I look forward to interacting with everyone. THWG!

Welcome to the best Tech site on the 'net!

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody who sat through the Peach Bowl Purdue game and is still a Tech fan ought to be a great one of the die-hard variety. Welcome aboard!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Newbie here.....
My name is John (MStranahan is a nod to one of my favorite literary characters ever) and I live in Atlanta
I'm not an alum, but have had football and basketball season tickets for 15 years.
I grew up in North Carolina and have closely followed ACC hoops my whole life.
Looking forward to reading people's thoughts about the new coach, outlook for the team in future years and all things Tech