Introduce yourself

Hello, I am new to the group today. I am known as the Coloradojacket as I live in Colorado. I am the biggest Tech fan there is. I attended my first game in 1969 and still have season tickets. You can also read my posts on FTRS and the AJC. Also my posting goes back to the old Access Atlanta days. I moved to Colorado in 1998. I love CPJ and his offense and know it well as I ran it as my son's OC for his youth football years. Wow when it comes to the best game I ever attended. Ga Tech vs Notre Dame 1980. ND was number 1 in the nation and had to come back and tie one of the worst GT teams we had. We did it on pure grit that day as we started a 5th string QB. final score 3-3.

Kalvin Jonson

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey ladies and gents longtime lurker. Big GT fan, love CJ(obviously), and have a very big soft spot for Reggie Ball(preparing for hate on that). I enjoyed the Gailey years, and I suppose I'm in the minority in that area. I love CPJ and the 3O. Go Jackets and THWg!!!

Last edited:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I have been a gojackets poster/lurker for a long time (probably close to 10 years) and it is starting to get rather sparse over there. After one of our wins this year, I wanted to see more of a discussion than 25 or so posts and started looking for any other forum. I saw this one. I recognized a lot of fonts that used to be regular posters at gojackets. (Some are still regulars) I joined because this now looks like the largest group of Jacket fans on a forum.

I am a EE 89. Worked for Motorola Paging for a number of years before moving back to Atlanta in 97. Worked for a startup Home Wireless for a while and then started my own SW/HW company in 2000

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
BS Econ '89, MS Mgt '92, wife's an alum, Dad is BS, MS CE, don't recall my first football game but E.O. Whealler kicked off, tutored student-athletes in economics for a year, camped out for GT-Duke basketball tickets during the glory years, Atlanta native.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Long time Tech fan. My first hero's were Kim King and Lenny Snow in football. Rich Yunkus, Jim Thorne and Peanut Murphy in basketball. Season tickets in football and basketball for over 25 years. Live in Acworth. Been through the good times and bad times with the Jackets. My treasured possession is an autographed basketball from our 1990 Final Four basketball team.
Talking about a name out of the past - Peanut Murphy!!!!!!!!!!!

animcarter

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi Everyone, I am Anita. I work at Georgia Tech as an accountant, and I love my Yellow Jackets. Shockingly and sadly, I have never experienced a game live at the Flats, but hope to do that one day soon. I follow mostly football, but also love GT Baseball, Soccer, and Golf. I feel so connected to GT Athletics because I do work there, but also because my whole family has always been die hard GT fans since way before I ever became a Yelbow Jacket myself. I am so glad I found this forum!

ZacketJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys, I'm Zack, 28, from Augusta. I've been reading the GT Swarm forums for a while, but I just decided to create an account. I've been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember, but I've never attended. I'm currently applying to the OMSCS program, but I don't know if I'll get in because my other degrees are unrelated to CS. I love baseball, football, and basketball, and I look forward to joining the conversations.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey guys, I'm Zack, 28, from Augusta. I've been reading the GT Swarm forums for a while, but I just decided to create an account. I've been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember, but I've never attended. I'm currently applying to the OMSCS program, but I don't know if I'll get in because my other degrees are unrelated to CS. I love baseball, football, and basketball, and I look forward to joining the conversations.
Welcome aboard!