Introduce yourself

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Cool - what floor were you on? I was in 214 until my senior year - just a few hours short of guaranteed housing, and lost the lottery. Ended up staying on floor 2, but in one of the 4-man rooms with three freshmen! They were rowdy! Turned out pretty good.

Wow - just looked at a floor plan. That place has been reworked, from what I can tell. What was 214 is now 246. What is now 216 was a four-man suite, as was what is 217 now. I was good friends with Mike Minchew and Richard Hawkins - they were in what looks like 202 now, but not then - next to the fire escape. Was also friends with Kelly Kester from floor 3 - he was AE as well. He, Richard and I had a lot of classes together. Richard went back for a master's and ended up working at NASA Langley when I was there. We hung out a lot, and are still good friends.

Did you ever play Glenn Phone Tag with tall, skinny Pat? Evil but hilarious!

Was on all three floors through out the years.

WTF!!! they now have a 4th floor in what used to be the attic!
They have an ELEVATOR!!!
Totally reworked bathrooms, lounges, etc.

My last year was in what is now 322 and 308 (was one big room then with an AC unit in the window :) )

Was on opposite end of 2nd floor in a couple of years prior and the middle of 1st floor for fall 84.

gtpablo

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello all.
I'm an ME 2008. Was in football and basketball swarm all Five years, ST holder since graduating and live in ATL area, work in automotive. Sailed for GT. Met my wife (CS 2009) at Tech, my Dad (ME 1969) taught me to sing Ramblin Wreck at age 5.
Wife was born in Ireland, so had the trip of a lifetime introducing our two sons to family and wrapping it up with a Tech win. Believe in fully supporting the team when they take the field and critiquing the play/coach/admin when the games over.

To Hell with Georgia

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello all.
I'm an ME 2008. Was in football and basketball swarm all Five years, ST holder since graduating and live in ATL area, work in automotive. Sailed for GT. Met my wife (CS 2009) at Tech, my Dad (ME 1969) taught me to sing Ramblin Wreck at age 5.
Wife was born in Ireland, so had the trip of a lifetime introducing our two sons to family and wrapping it up with a Tech win. Believe in fully supporting the team when they take the field and critiquing the play/coach/admin when the games over.

To Hell with Georgia
Welcome aboard.

YellowJacket86

Georgia Tech Fan
Was on all three floors through out the years.

WTF!!! they now have a 4th floor in what used to be the attic!
They have an ELEVATOR!!!
Totally reworked bathrooms, lounges, etc.

My last year was in what is now 322 and 308 (was one big room then with an AC unit in the window :) )

Was on opposite end of 2nd floor in a couple of years prior and the middle of 1st floor for fall 84.
Yep - kids have gotten really soft! My roommate and I got a sofa from Salvation Army - it must have weighed 200 pounds. Spring Quarter ended, and we abando..."stored" it in Glenn attic. It was too big to get down the stairs next to us, so we had to carry it all the way down to the main stairs, down to the entrance to Glenn on the other end of the courtyard, then up to the attic. It was late May and blazing hot, and the attic was worse - we had to carry that thing all the way to the back. I guess they probably added a fourth floor to Glenn, otherwise that thing is probably still up there. What we would have given for an elevator!

Could today's kids deal with a communal shower? Got my only trip to the GT infirmary indirectly because of one of those showers....

Jmonty71

Banned
Hello everyone. Been a Tech fan since I was about 8 years old, While, I didn't attend GT, I did get accepted. However; I joined the Marines instead. Needless to say, after 6 years and 2 deployments, I wasn't exactly college ready when I got out. But, my love to GT never reduced. Hopefully, this is a good enough intro.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello everyone. Been a Tech fan since I was about 8 years old, While, I didn't attend GT, I did get accepted. However; I joined the Marines instead. Needless to say, after 6 years and 2 deployments, I wasn't exactly college ready when I got out. But, my love to GT never reduced. Hopefully, this is a good enough intro.
Welcome aboard!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Welcome to GTSWARM :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Semper Fi

jrgray

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey, y'all. First time poster, long time Yellow Jacket. Graduated in 1991 with a MGMT degree and again in 99 with a BS in CS. Married to a Yellow Jacket and my son is a junior ME. Lived in Smith and Woodruff and now reside outside Chicago where I work for a major telco equipment manufacturer.

I've lived through the first few years of 'Toss Ross' as a student and Bill L***s and 'Can Chan' and until someone can convince me there is a better 'option' than CPJ, I will support him as our HC. As a 30 year Tech fan and a college football fan for longer than that, I know 8-4 is pretty good for a school like a Tech that doesn't strive to be a football factory.

joehamlovechild

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello! Born and raised in Augusta, my family had no ties to GT when they moved there in the 80s. My parents are both Pitt alums (dad played there) and we were ND fans also (granddad was an All American and played in the NFL), they hated UGA and their fans, and my mother saw that I was good at math, so they instilled in my at an early age that I was going to GT!

My first football memory happens to be the 1990 Nat Champ season, so that was a great place to start! Fandom really took off in the late 90s when my parents got us season tickets, and that's when fell in love with my namesake, Joe Hamilton. Fulfilled my momma's dream, went to GT, graduated CEE 04, and now work at a civil and transportation engineering consulting firm in Midtown. Married a UGA grad (sorry, the odds were better in Athens, but I take pride in stealing one of their gals!), and our 3 little girls are solid for the White and Gold!

epjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Long time Tech fan. My first hero's were Kim King and Lenny Snow in football. Rich Yunkus, Jim Thorne and Peanut Murphy in basketball. Season tickets in football and basketball for over 25 years. Live in Acworth. Been through the good times and bad times with the Jackets. My treasured possession is an autographed basketball from our 1990 Final Four basketball team.