Introduce yourself

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hey guys, I'm Zack, 28, from Augusta. I've been reading the GT Swarm forums for a while, but I just decided to create an account. I've been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember, but I've never attended. I'm currently applying to the OMSCS program, but I don't know if I'll get in because my other degrees are unrelated to CS. I love baseball, football, and basketball, and I look forward to joining the conversations.
Let us know if you get in! Good luck.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, delinquent in posting my introduction.

BSEE '84
Second Generation Jacket. Earliest game I can recall is the 66 Orange Bowl. I think I slept through the second half, but I do recall Tech scored first!
Oldest Son makes it three generations of Tech Graduates (CE 15)
Just enjoy keeping up will all of GT sports. Make it to BDS@GF, McCamish, RustyC when I can.
Youngest son just graduated HS, so maybe more free time = more in person GT athletics!!

SJ

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

BSEE '84
Second Generation Jacket. Earliest game I can recall is the 66 Orange Bowl. I think I slept through the second half, but I do recall Tech scored first!
Just enjoy keeping up will all of GT sports. Make it to BDS@GF, McCamish, RustyC when I can.
Youngest son just graduated HS, so maybe more free time = more in person GT athletics!!

SJ

Welcome!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

BSEE '84

SJ
Welcome aboard!

GoldHairStudent

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys, Doug.

I'm a Civil Engineering student(c/o 2019) at Tech and a GT sports fanatic. I try to attend almost every GT sporting event, so if you see me, say hi!
I'm pretty easy to spot at basketball games. My seat is right behind Andy Demetra and I'm always sporting a yellow wig(white for whiteout). I'm also always wearing a gold gt hoodie and cowboy boots, so that's another easy way to identify me at sporting events.

I've always been fairly active on TheHive and wanted to be involved in another forum. Hope to get know you guys!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hey guys, Doug.

I'm a Civil Engineering student(c/o 2019) at Tech and a GT sports fanatic. I try to attend almost every GT sporting event, so if you see me, say hi!
I'm pretty easy to spot at basketball games. My seat is right behind Andy Demetra and I'm always sporting a yellow wig(white for whiteout). I'm also always wearing a gold gt hoodie and cowboy boots, so that's another easy way to identify me at sporting events.

I've always been fairly active on TheHive and wanted to be involved in another forum. Hope to get know you guys!

Welcome to GTSwarm!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey guys, Doug.

Welcome aboard!

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey all, new here. Name is Spencer and have been reading for a few months now but decided to make an account and contribute. I graduated in 2010 and rode the M Train. Have been a fan all my life (father graduated in '76, Aerospace). I follow football and basketball religiously and check in on baseball every now and then. Looking forward to experiencing the highs and lows of being a Tech fan with you all.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey all, new here. Name is Spencer and have been reading for a few months now but decided to make an account and contribute. I graduated in 2010 and rode the M Train. Have been a fan all my life (father graduated in '76, Aerospace). I follow football and basketball religiously and check in on baseball every now and then. Looking forward to experiencing the highs and lows of being a Tech fan with you all.
Welcome aboard!

jshellnutt3

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello Everyone, just like Spencer I've been poking around for a few months and thought I'd introduce myself. Name is J.T. and I graduated in '13 as an ME. Prior to taking my talents to Atlanta, I (regretfully) supported the dwags and auburn as they are my mother and grandfather's alma mater, respectively. With that off my chest, I'm happy to say I haven't missed a GT football or basketball game since the 2009 season began and wouldn't have it any other way. Proud Georgia Tech alum looking forward to discussing the Jackets with everyone

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello Everyone, just like Spencer I've been poking around for a few months and thought I'd introduce myself. Name is J.T. and I graduated in '13 as an ME. Prior to taking my talents to Atlanta, I (regretfully) supported the dwags and auburn as they are my mother and grandfather's alma mater, respectively. With that off my chest, I'm happy to say I haven't missed a GT football or basketball game since the 2009 season began and wouldn't have it any other way. Proud Georgia Tech alum looking forward to discussing the Jackets with everyone
Welcome aboard!

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow
Howdy from Dallas Texas!

My name is Mike and I was raised in the Atlanta area, went to Norcross High School and ended up going Georgia Tech. I actually received a letter from GT about playing football, but I was a 175 lb linebacker, which is a little small to say the least. I was invited to walk on, but decided to just focused on school. I eventually earned BS/MS degrees in Physics and a MS degree from the Electrical Engineering Department. I should note that I did get side tracked for 1 year and went to grad school at Texas A&M. Anyway, I currently work for one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world, and have been an IT Manager for about half of my 30 year career. Before IT I was a process engineer (Wafer Fab), supported software used to model semiconductor processes/devices, and a product engineer (test programs). My dad passed away recently, so in his honor I'm using a picture of him (John Sargent), Calvin Johnson Jr and Calvin Johnson Sr as my avatar. My dad worked with Calvin Sr at Northfolk Southern RR and loved GT football!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Howdy from Dallas Texas!

My name is Mike and I was raised in the Atlanta area, went to Norcross High School and ended up going Georgia Tech. I actually received a letter from GT about playing football, but I was a 175 lb linebacker, which is a little small to say the least. I was invited to walk on, but decided to just focused on school. I eventually earned BS/MS degrees in Physics and a MS degree from the Electrical Engineering Department. I should note that I did get side tracked for 1 year and went to grad school at Texas A&M. Anyway, I currently work for one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world, and have been an IT Manager for about half of my 30 year career. Before IT I was a process engineer (Wafer Fab), supported software used to model semiconductor processes/devices, and a product engineer (test programs). My dad passed away recently, so in his honor I'm using a picture of him (John Sargent), Calvin Johnson Jr and Calvin Johnson Sr as my avatar. My dad worked with Calvin Sr at Northfolk Southern RR and loved GT football!

Welcome Mike!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Howdy from Dallas Texas!

MS in EE? Allow me to summarize.... It's not the Volts that kill you, it's the AMPS!!! Get it?? :)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Howdy from Dallas Texas!

Welcome aboard!

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
My name is Steve and I live in NY. My son & daughter-in-law (Albany GA) are GT grads (IE & EE) and I have been an avid fan since the end of the Cremins era, attending almost every BB game in NYC, including pre-season NIT win over CT as well as M Kuchar's win at Barclays. Never miss a televised FB or BB game. Love following all recruiting stories. Participated in parent orientation my son's freshman year where I was indoctrinated into rooting against all things Dawg.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
My name is Steve and I live in NY. My son & daughter-in-law (Albany GA) are GT grads (IE & EE) and I have been an avid fan since the end of the Cremins era, attending almost every BB game in NYC, including pre-season NIT win over CT as well as M Kuchar's win at Barclays. Never miss a televised FB or BB game. Love following all recruiting stories. Participated in parent orientation my son's freshman year where I was indoctrinated into rooting against all things Dawg.
Welcome aboard!!

Enjoy the banter and go back and look at some old posts if you want information about the triple option.