Introduce yourself

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Whasup Guys I'm Tate Johnson been a fan of GT since my high school days finally went to a game last year when they played Tulane and they beat the mess out of them lol im 24 big sports fan love GT will be going to 2 games this year Vs Mercer and Georgia Southern game hope to meet some GT fans on here and I follow there recruiting very well Go Jacketsss

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hello I am the mother of future recruit 2018 Speedster RB Shaun Shivers who attends Chaminade Madonna.

Welcome aboard. Just remember, we are mostly just a bunch of dumb die hard fans around here. So take what we say with a grain of salt. There are some former players here who can give insight on their playing days as well as a couple family members of current players who can also. But most of us are just dumb enthused fans. I wish you and your son well on his future decisions.

anuj-bhyravabhotla

Georgia Tech Fan
Greetings, Fellow Yellow Jackets!
My name is Anuj Bhyravabhotla and I am a current student studying computer science and on track for graduation in May 2019
I attended every game at Bobby Dodd Stadium last season and will do so again this season, this time as a member of the Yellow Jacket Marching Band!
GO JACKETS!! #togetherweswarm

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Greetings, Fellow Yellow Jackets!
My name is Anuj Bhyravabhotla and I am a current student studying computer science and on track for graduation in May 2019
I attended every game at Bobby Dodd Stadium last season and will do so again this season, this time as a member of the Yellow Jacket Marching Band!
GO JACKETS!! #togetherweswarm
Welcome aboard!

USCJacket15

Georgia Tech Fan
New member here.
I've been an avid fan my entire life (my dad played football for Georgia Tech in the early 80's) and grew up wanting to be an engineer from GT, but, despite my acceptance to Tech, being a resident of South Carolina and facing the prospect of $100,000+ in student loan debt convinced me to stay in-state for college. I graduated from the University of South Carolina in 2014 with a Civil Engineering degree, but I still attend as many Tech games as possible and consider the two schools 1A and 1B as far as loyalty is concerned (which made the second round NIT game this past basketball season a tough one for me to attend).
Hard to narrow down my favorite game I've been to, but my top three would have to be Maryland 2006, Clemson 2011, and FSU 2015.
I decided to join this community because I enjoy discussing topics related to Georgia Tech athletics and recruiting. Go Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
New member here.
I've been an avid fan my entire life (my dad played football for Georgia Tech in the early 80's) and grew up wanting to be an engineer from GT, but, despite my acceptance to Tech, being a resident of South Carolina and facing the prospect of $100,000+ in student loan debt convinced me to stay in-state for college. I graduated from the University of South Carolina in 2014 with a Civil Engineering degree, but I still attend as many Tech games as possible and consider the two schools 1A and 1B as far as loyalty is concerned (which made the second round NIT game this past basketball season a tough one for me to attend).
Hard to narrow down my favorite game I've been to, but my top three would have to be Maryland 2006, Clemson 2011, and FSU 2015.
I decided to join this community because I enjoy discussing topics related to Georgia Tech athletics and recruiting. Go Jackets!
Welcome aboard!

YellowJacket86

Georgia Tech Fan
New here - but I have heard of the site over the past couple of years. Dropped into the thread "GT Academic Horror Stories" after Googling for Virgil Smith. That leads me to my background: AE '86 (I had Virgil for two classes over three quarters and learned that Dr. Chen is really a nice guy.); I lived in Towers back in the day, and have a soft spot for The Varsity - my gold standard for onion rings. I worked at NASA Langley for 10 years doing rotorcraft research. Got tired of dodging funding cuts, and switched to easier software work. I've lived in the Charlottesville, VA area since '96, and have been to a lot of UVA football, baseball and basketball games, and always make the GT game. I have twin sons and live 30 minutes from anything.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
New here - but I have heard of the site over the past couple of years. Dropped into the thread "GT Academic Horror Stories" after Googling for Virgil Smith. That leads me to my background: AE '86 (I had Virgil for two classes over three quarters and learned that Dr. Chen is really a nice guy.); I lived in Towers back in the day, and have a soft spot for The Varsity - my gold standard for onion rings. I worked at NASA Langley for 10 years doing rotorcraft research. Got tired of dodging funding cuts, and switched to easier software work. I've lived in the Charlottesville, VA area since '96, and have been to a lot of UVA football, baseball and basketball games, and always make the GT game. I have twin sons and live 30 minutes from anything.
Welcome! you should talk to @ilovetheoption

YellowJacket86

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome! you should talk to @ilovetheoption

Many thanks. FWIW, I am the only GT graduate from a pretty solid UGA family - father, uncles, aunts, cousins all went there, undergraduate and graduate. Both sides of the family are based within 50 or so miles of Athens. The result is I grew up watching UGA football (the horror!), and had a really strong legacy there, so I don't totally hate them.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I started in 82 and co-oped. I expect we crossed paths.

YellowJacket86

Georgia Tech Fan
Haha, Charlottesville is a pretty far drive from Reston, but if he's ever back in god's country (NOVA) he should look me up :)
My wife used to commute from Strasburg to Reston and has plenty of horror stories about the traffic :) She basically lived her life on 66. She moved here when we got married, and thought she was moving to the land of the Unwashed Masses and Rednecks. Growing up in Virginia like she did, she should have already been aware of the gentility that fairly oozes from the ground here in the Land of Jefferson!

YellowJacket86

Georgia Tech Fan
I started in 82 and co-oped. I expect we crossed paths.
We likely did, depending on your schedule. I had Harper for a few classes (I remember people saying our class retired Harper and killed Pettit, though we walked graduation in June of '86.), Gray, Helfrich for design, and a bunch I just cannot remember. Re J. J. Harper, "Low-Speed Wind Tunnel Testing" by Pope and Harper was still the testing bible when I was in the game in the '80s.