Ideas to raise our visibility ?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I Really like the thought you put into this. And agree with all , though none will be easy. It's what we need in the AD ( TStan is on the right track, IMO) , but especially the Hill with push from alumni, including wealthy ones !
Thanks! Even if nothing happens on the AD front we as Tech fans need to reach out to 680 and push our way into their consciousnesses.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I say we have a day where we all on here commit to one day and one show where we all call in and only ask GT questions. Just totally bombard them with GT questions. That would be amazing
Send out a day, time, phone number and i am in!

Gold, U get a lot of negative return comments on some of your posts, but only trolls will not accept this challenge.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a nice statistic: highlight this in recruiting.
DffLflsXkAEJb1x.jpg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Send out a day, time, phone number and i am in!

Gold, U get a lot of negative return comments on some of your posts, but only trolls will not accept this challenge.
The biggest show is probably Chuck and Chernoff on 680 from 3 to 7 right?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
The biggest show is probably Chuck and Chernoff on 680 from 3 to 7 right?
Yup, and they are the most anti-Tech show followed by Buck and Kincaide. The sound engineer, Hoyt, for those two shows is a massive puppy fan, Nearny, the engineer for the two morning shows is a Tech grad, but not very vocally supportive .

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Yup, and they are the most anti-Tech show followed by Buck and Kincaide. The sound engineer, Hoyt, for those two shows is a massive puppy fan, Nearny, the engineer for the two morning shows is a Tech grad, but not very vocally supportive .
I haven't listened to them all that much. Do they take alot of calls?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I haven't listened to them all that much. Do they take alot of calls?
None of the shows I listen to seem to take a bunch of calls outside certain game show esque segments. Mostly the hosts monologue and snipe at each other. The one consostent exception is the Monday after a big UGA or Falcons loss

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
None of the shows I listen to seem to take a bunch of calls outside certain game show esque segments. Mostly the hosts monologue and snipe at each other. The one consostent exception is the Monday after a big UGA or Falcons loss

This. They almost never have "open lines" segments where the callers drive the show. Their shows are primarily "talent" and producer driven. They choose the topic and discuss on their timetable. They may occasionally take a phone call or two but generally only on the topic at hand.

Shapiro stated some time ago that market research into fan base size and interest is what drives the air time they give to any certain topic. At the time he said Tech was incredibly low....only 5% or less of their listeners and desired demographic gave a rip about Tech sports.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Both my son' played soccer in high school. It is becoming more popular. UNC and Duke both have nationally competitive teams and and have won NCAA championships. No one goes to the games here except the students. It still doesn't draw that many fans. Gets a little tv coverage when they are in ncaa tournaments but that' it. Not sure soccer is the answer for GT brand. . Would have to have both men and women teams for title 9. Big expense for not much exposure.
I like the idea of leveraging the use of innovation in developing analysis tools for sports improvement that recruits would go WOW I want to be able to use that stuff to improve myself. That is more in the strent of what we are at GT.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
680 isn't really a sports station in my opinion. They have topics usually loosely based on sports, but the shows are all about their shtick. Shapiro is grumpy. Kincade talks fast and badmouths everybody and everything while Buck talks slow and "tries" to be more reasonable. The afternoon show is filled with sound samples that remind me of sampling keyboards from the 80s. That show is like listening to a Pee-Wee Herman radio show.

I can't stand listening to that station. It has less to do with their overall attitude about GT and more to do with their content. It's like the Jerry Springer of radio in Atlanta. ESPNU radio on SiriusXM is much better as a sports station. They sometimes get a little provocative to attract callers, but the do actually discuss sports.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
680 isn't really a sports station in my opinion. They have topics usually loosely based on sports, but the shows are all about their shtick. Shapiro is grumpy. Kincade talks fast and badmouths everybody and everything while Buck talks slow and "tries" to be more reasonable. The afternoon show is filled with sound samples that remind me of sampling keyboards from the 80s. That show is like listening to a Pee-Wee Herman radio show.

I can't stand listening to that station. It has less to do with their overall attitude about GT and more to do with their content. It's like the Jerry Springer of radio in Atlanta. ESPNU radio on SiriusXM is much better as a sports station. They sometimes get a little provocative to attract callers, but the do actually discuss sports.

I called 680 and got on the air on the way home from the Tennessee vs. GT game last year. They asked what I thought about our offense. I said that the ground game was really hard to defend, especially when we are healthy. They dumped my call when I mentioned that the mutts had hired Brian VanGorder as consultant before 2016 COFH but still failed to stop it.

Hello? Are you there? Helloooo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I HAVE REALLY BEEN IMPRESSED WITH THE NUMBER AND QUALITY OF THE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD. I really was not expecting this much when I started it.
To me , that says ( at least ) two things :
1) We have a small hard core group on this blog that is passionate about TECH, and improvements that could be made.
2) We should channel this passion into some sort of positive action.
How can we take it to the next level ?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I HAVE REALLY BEEN IMPRESSED WITH THE NUMBER AND QUALITY OF THE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD. I really was not expecting this much when I started it.
To me , that says ( at least ) two things :
1) We have a small hard core group on this blog that is passionate about TECH, and improvements that could be made.
2) We should channel this passion into some sort of positive action.
How can we take it to the next level ?
We take it to the next level through discussions like this creating buy in from our fans to do things like bug 680, or donate, or wear more gear in public in a concerted manner. And through motivated individuals, such as yourself acting as conduits to the AD, Alumni Assoc, and the Hill