Hey is it time to talk Uni's

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Per son who is hs ad and head coach,
Russell's market sweet spot is smaller high schools that have too have unis look ok for two seasons and are priced so all coaches get nice polo. Russell is the only choice.
Adidas is good but is getting pretty pushy with pc stuff..

Under armour is good also and kids love the idea of the super trained athlete look.
He says n.a. will regain momentum unless the go cheap at which time kids will drop them.
Nike is also a kid favorite.

If ua signs us ,our best case in s they could make it a big deal w lots of promo and great great unis If we have great year it would get talked about as tech and ua coming on strong.

Nike is the safe choice.

It's all about the buzz as seen by kids.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Per son who is hs ad and head coach,
Russell's market sweet spot is smaller high schools that have too have unis look ok for two seasons and are priced so all coaches get nice polo. Russell is the only choice.
Adidas is good but is getting pretty pushy with pc stuff..

Under armour is good also and kids love the idea of the super trained athlete look.
He says n.a. will regain momentum unless the go cheap at which time kids will drop them.
Nike is also a kid favorite.

If ua signs us ,our best case in s they could make it a big deal w lots of promo and great great unis If we have great year it would get talked about as tech and ua coming on strong.

Nike is the safe choice.

It's all about the buzz as seen by kids.

Well, if it is all about "Buzz" we should have that part down pat.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but has anyone noticed how Adidas got the correct shade of gold around the stadium and on the jerseys of Atlanta United?

View attachment 2593

View attachment 2594

I'm a fan of all 3 brands, but just knowing how Nike operates we may get the same treatment as a MEAC school(little compensation & branding. Just product) UA is great too, they just picked the absolute worst time to make an ugly flagship shoe (Curry 3) and make a political statement. I'm not too scared of their future bc I believe they will bounce back.

Things like this is something would I believe could help Tech if with Adidas.
https://asunow.asu.edu/20170612-asu-news-adidas-global-partnership-shape-future-sport

We have had the "correct" or better shade of Gold on our logo patches for years. It has been transitioning that shade to the jersey fabric that has been the problem.

This color blue is considered neutral, I believe, by fashionistas, just like black is neutral. I like this uni and believe we should use this blue color, in place of black, every where black would be used.

Let's give the chicken wire a proper burial.
I personally prefer black to blue, although the 1990 Citrus Bowl unis and the 2014 OB ones looked good. But I am with you 100% on the chicken wire

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I talked to a sales representative this week about this. His company deals with all the companies. (Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor)

He felt very confident that Tech would end up with Adidas. He said they (Adidas) were very aggressive with their negotiations.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I talked to a sales representative this week about this. His company deals with all the companies. (Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor)

He felt very confident that Tech would end up with Adidas. He said they (Adidas) were very aggressive with their negotiations.
Good. I hope that's where we land but with Todd negotiating deals with UCF & Oregon St while he was there and CJP being a big Nike guy as well as CPJ it leads me to believe we go with Nike.

Milwaukee

Banned

Don't ruin my weekend.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Athlon: Ranking the ACC’s 2017 Football Uniforms
13. Georgia Tech
There’s a combination of blandness here with the Yellow Jackets, which is probably just the way head coach Paul Johnson likes it. When you see a triple-option offense in the 21st century wearing dull jersey colors with the Russell Athletic logo, you get Georgia Tech. To his credit, new AD Todd Stansbury says the program will move on to a new outfitter when the Russell Athletic contract expires next summer, so hopefully a sleeker design will follow.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck

Yes, I'm pulling for Adidas, that would be sweet.