Hey is it time to talk Uni's

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
An interesting perspective. Have you seen the uniforms from 2006? They had a little more "pop/razzle dazzle" as it were. How about the blue tops uniforms from 1990? I prefer the ones with the white pants but others prefer the gold. I know you have good intentions but uniform razzle dazzle is not going to go over well with the west stand alumni crowd. Just the way it is.
We could win the Natty and people in that crowd would complain.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
An interesting perspective. Have you seen the uniforms from 2006? They had a little more "pop/razzle dazzle" as it were. How about the blue tops uniforms from 1990? I prefer the ones with the white pants but others prefer the gold. I know you have good intentions but uniform razzle dazzle is not going to go over well with the west stand alumni crowd. Just the way it is.
The duds you wore in 2006 against UVa are some of the sharpest uni's I've eve seen (iiuc, they are throwbacks from the 1968-1971 seasons) If those were your permanent home uniforms, you'd have a razor sharp look. The 1990 era, i prefer the gold pants to the white, but those pale compared to the 2006 uva uniform.

For the record, I'm not against simple, ,traditional uniforms per se. The Eric Crouch Nebraska had one of the best looks, ever.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
The duds you wore in 2006 against UVa are some of the sharpest uni's I've eve seen (iiuc, they are throwbacks from the 1968-1971 seasons) If those were your permanent home uniforms, you'd have a razor sharp look. The 1990 era, i prefer the gold pants to the white, but those pale compared to the 2006 uva uniform.

For the record, I'm not against simple, ,traditional uniforms per se. The Eric Crouch Nebraska had one of the best looks, ever.

The 06 regular unis were great, that mustard throwback vs UVA was ugly. Easily the most overrated getup we've worn. Lots of fans like these for reasons unknown, it's not because they look good. They're awful.
image.jpg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure Dodd started the home white jersey thing. Ever notice how many golfers wear white shirts in the summer in the south. Dark is much hotter and we know how hot Atlanta is in September and even into October.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
The 06 regular unis were great, that mustard throwback vs UVA was ugly. Easily the most overrated getup we've worn. Lots of fans like these for reasons unknown, it's not because they look good. They're awful. View attachment 2618
FTR, it's the lid, really. The white helmet with the mustard/gold GT pops a million times better than the gold helmet with the white GT.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I gotta say I'm not impressed. It's something missing. It almost too bland
This is a clear rubber band from the complaints of adidas "tire tracks" and shiny letters. Obvious to me that the admins and UA wanted to go SUPER traditional (bland) to be like Look no gimmicks!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The 06 regular unis were great, that mustard throwback vs UVA was ugly. Easily the most overrated getup we've worn. Lots of fans like these for reasons unknown, it's not because they look good. They're awful. View attachment 2618
Strongly...agree and....disagree How about that? An old geezer, like me, loves the throwbacks but let's face it the kids are the ones wearing them and they probably would rather wear something else. Besides, is that the right shade of gold?

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There is an error there. Between whatever the years mentioned (1987 - 1994 ???), the implication is that Tech always wore blue jerseys at home. We occasionally did (rarely actually), but certainly not always.
I know for certain that 90 and 91 we only wore blue at home, not sure about the others. Remember, this was when the NCAA had the stupid rule that the home team had to wear dark. I know we were petitioning them back then to change the rule so that we could wear white at home.

I know for certain that 90 and 91 we only wore blue at home, not sure about the others. Remember, this was when the NCAA had the stupid rule that the home team had to wear dark. I know we were petitioning them back then to change the rule so that we could wear white at home.
I honestly do not remember any year when we wore blue for every home game.