Hey is it time to talk Uni's

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
http://m.herosports.com/college-football/cal-football-new-under-armour-uniforms-ahah
Can't wait till this is us next year. Doubt its UA though, I'm really hoping for Adidas
Anybody have any thoughts on a re-done buzz logo?

I personally think that it could use a make over to make it newer, younger, fresher. A perfect example of this is the falcons logo. It was old and stale and they made it more progressive and somewhat aggressive. How long has the one we have been around? Yes it's classic but so was the falcons logo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I personally think that it could use a make over to make it newer, younger, fresher. A perfect example of this is the falcons logo. It was old and stale and they made it more progressive and somewhat aggressive. How long has the one we have been around? Yes it's classic but so was the falcons logo.
I like the old school falcons logo way more. I wouldn't want us changing our logo at all, stay classic imo. However, I wouldn't mind making the uniforms more up to date, just leave the logo alone.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow

New doesnt always mean better. IMO the old Falcons logo is much better than the new logo. The new one looks like it came straight from a cartoon. I wish Tech would emphasize more of the Ramblin Wreck but thats me

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
You don't change logos. That's your brand. And we're certainly not going to change it for the whole school just for football.

So how do you change a white jersey? Different sleeve bands. Of course frankly I liked the 2009 Jersey in all three color combinations.
imagesY8CIZW2E.jpg

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III

I'm actually alright if we drop buzz altogether and go with the wreck. Or get an astronaut and keep the name Buzz. Whatever, not a big fan of our current Buzz mascot/logo.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes it will make a huge difference. They will fit better, come out with better designs, attract kids because use of the "name" and one of the most important, whatever company we sign with will work on our GT "brand".
I agree it will attract kids because of the brand name, no matter which of the big 3 we pick. Not sure about better designs. U of M looks exactly the same except for the little jump man logo. The ones who change designs more often than not end up looking horrible - Maryland, Oregon, etc. (I admit this is not very objective and based on personal preferences, but for the most part people seem to hate the radical "new" designs.) The huge part I feel will be working on the brand and Nike seems to have the upper hand in that regard. I think that's where we need the most help so if money is equal and Nike truly has better resources in place to build it, then I think they probably win out.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but sometimes changes can be really good , even to the most classic uniforms. Notre Dame introduced their brilliant gold helmets a couple of years ago I thought it was a big improvement

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Why do you want Adidas? To me that's the Russell of the big three. Very few schools have adidas. I'm all in on Nike or UA
Adidas has rebranded themselves and are seriously pushing Nike for cool factor. There Ultraboost shoes are 100 times better than anything they use to have and are more comfortable than Nikes new Vapormax technology. Actually of the big 3, under armour is more like Russell but with money. UA's stock has taken a dump lately and getting attached to them might not be a good move at the moment.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Why do you want Adidas? To me that's the Russell of the big three. Very few schools have adidas. I'm all in on Nike or UA
Adidas's market value is way up compared to UA because of the albatross of a deal they just recently signed with UCLA. Adidas is very progressive when it comes to innovative and new technologies, and since Nike has a huge part of the market Adidas might make pushing the GT brand more of a priority than Nike. And that's the biggest part of the deal, whoever can make the GT brand bigger and better I'm for it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

They are innovative and has some of the best stuff out now. They have limited number of schools bc they also rebranded themselves. Saying something about wanted to be associated "speed schools". I would love either one, but I would prefer Adidas or UA bc I simply think we will be an afterthought with Nike

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'd like a logo of the Ramblin' Wreck with Buzz driving it, maybe add a flattened bulldog in the background

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
They are innovative and has some of the best stuff out now. They have limited number of schools bc they also rebranded themselves. Saying something about wanted to be associated "speed schools". I would love either one, but I would prefer Adidas or UA bc I simply think we will be an afterthought with Nike
Exactly with Nike. With Adidas there might be 2-3 bigger name schools ahead of us in the country. Miami, Kansas & Louisville (maybe). With Nike there's 6/7 ahead of us in our own conference.