Hey is it time to talk Uni's

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why do you want Adidas? To me that's the Russell of the big three. Very few schools have adidas. I'm all in on Nike or UA

Nah, I'd encourage you to read more into what adidas has done lately. Like our unofficial adidas spokesman @Ibeeballin said, they're on the cutting edge in terms of innovation lately and have undergone what appears to be a major rebranding. They'd certainly bring more to the table than UA, by far.

I'm about 50/50 on Nike/adidas. I only want UA if they blow our socks off money-wise which seems unlikely considering they're kinda floundering lately.

On being an afterthought with Nike, I was encouraged by that article explaining how they put time into rebranding/re-marketing at OregSt. While we don't need new logos or color schemes, we certainly need major help in regards to marketing GT. We've done a poor job for the last couple decades. Nike should help immensely on that front.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but has anyone noticed how Adidas got the correct shade of gold around the stadium and on the jerseys of Atlanta United?

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

I'm a fan of all 3 brands, but just knowing how Nike operates we may get the same treatment as a MEAC school(little compensation & branding. Just product) UA is great too, they just picked the absolute worst time to make an ugly flagship shoe (Curry 3) and make a political statement. I'm not too scared of their future bc I believe they will bounce back.

Things like this is something would I believe could help Tech if with Adidas.
https://asunow.asu.edu/20170612-asu-news-adidas-global-partnership-shape-future-sport

Last edited:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone actually seen or heard what we will be wearing this year or vs Tennessee? I just hope we don't trot on the field in a prime time game with the whole country watching looking like we did in Dublin, The Taxslayer Bowl or the chicken wire disaster at VT back in '12.
Give me last years pants and something like the blue '15 tops we wore against VT and I'm good

65Jacket

GT Athlete
What do you folks dislike about GWG? I fell in love with those uniforms when Dodd was Coach and have never ceased my love for them. I think some people just like change for the sake of change, unfortunately.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm in favor of any 2004-2006 combination if it means we get to use Calvin for one more game...

And Philip Wheeler, Tashard Choice, Michael Johnson, KaMichael Hall, Kenny Scott, Jamal Lewis, Mansfield Wrotto, etc.

Was a season ticket holder 04, 05, 06, & 07. If I'm being honest those were the most talented teams I've ever seen at Tech. It's a shame we didn't accomplish more with what Giff was hauling in. We were LOADED. imo