Hey is it time to talk Uni's

Milwaukee

Banned
Just like Russell is not our only clothing supplier for Georgia Tech Adidas will not be either.

Not sure why anyone would think that we would limit who can make GT apperal to only Adidas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nike will continue to make polos for us, which is great (for me) and has always been the case. But if the rumours are true then we are screwing up even a NEW apparel deal. I'm not as pissed as I am embarrassed.

I'm part of the Navy problem. Navy looks 1000x better than our Easter yellow and it matches everything. 80% of my Tech gear is navy or white.
Then aside from whatever logo you might have on those garments, how is anyone to know that you are a Tech fan? Nobody looks at a blue shirt and automatically assumes Tech, but if they see even a dingy yellow one, there is at least a chance they might know your team.

Spoke to someone who works at the bookstore yesterday. Based on her dress, I assume she is a manager. She was very polite. She said that the bookstore will not remove UA and Nike merchandise once Adidas moves in and that Adidas will only get a section. They've been able to successfully "fight" the AD on this and will continue to sell... what sells. She said that navy is far and away their biggest seller and that the AD's push for a new GT gold will not happen as Tech isn't big enough for Adidas to create a new pigment. She said that it looks as if Tech will adopt Notre Dame's gold as "Tech Gold." She celebrated the fact that Tech's licensing department is not housed under the AD despite Stansbury's attempts to absorb it.

Take all of this for what you will. Hoping someone will be able to debunk or correct some of this.
Why the hell would sports or sports-geared apparel not be licensed by the athletic department.

Milwaukee

Banned
Then aside from whatever logo you might have on those garments, how is anyone to know that you are a Tech fan? Nobody looks at a blue shirt and automatically assumes Tech, but if they see even a dingy yellow one, there is at least a chance they might know your team.

The GT logo is the alpha and omega. The GT logo is as good as it gets, on all colors. Navy, white, gold, black, whatever.

But I own yellow GT polos as well. When I walk into a room with one of my yellow shirts people don't say "Oh my God, you like Georgia Tech?!?" Nobody in the world thinks Georgia Tech when they see Easter yellow, they think Georgia Tech when they see that GT though.

I think you're SEVERELY overestimating the "power" of GT's gold. We don't even know it when we see it, and we see it more than anyone.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
my blue GT polo gets a lot of reaction from people on the streets of DC. Way more than my white and gold polo.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
The GT logo is the alpha and omega. The GT logo is as good as it gets, on all colors. Navy, white, gold, black, whatever.

But I own yellow GT polos as well. When I walk into a room with one of my yellow shirts people don't say "Oh my God, you like Georgia Tech?!?" Nobody in the world thinks Georgia Tech when they see Easter yellow, they think Georgia Tech when they see that GT though.

I think you're SEVERELY overestimating the "power" of GT's gold. We don't even know it when we see it, and we see it more than anyone.

You have a point, but I think the idea is to take Tech to another level and the thought is that a solidary gold will translate on a national level.

Oh, believe me, I wish we had one standard shad of gold, but since we don't I will wear anything yellow, gold, semi-yellow, whatever. And I agree that the color alone does not signify that you are a Tech fan, but unless whoever is looking actually sees the logo, they don't have a clue that you are a Tech fan. Now if you were in a bunch of fans of several schools, and you had even an ugly shadd of yellow on, in the midst of red, orange, purple, blue, whatever, that yellow IS going to say that you are a Tech fan.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Spoke to someone who works at the bookstore yesterday. Based on her dress, I assume she is a manager. She was very polite. She said that the bookstore will not remove UA and Nike merchandise once Adidas moves in and that Adidas will only get a section. They've been able to successfully "fight" the AD on this and will continue to sell... what sells. She said that navy is far and away their biggest seller and that the AD's push for a new GT gold will not happen as Tech isn't big enough for Adidas to create a new pigment. She said that it looks as if Tech will adopt Notre Dame's gold as "Tech Gold." She celebrated the fact that Tech's licensing department is not housed under the AD despite Stansbury's attempts to absorb it.

Take all of this for what you will. Hoping someone will be able to debunk or correct some of this.

notre damn Gold? What in the heck is that? They have the most mismatched pants & hats in all of college football.

TStan seemed to emphasize "Tech Gold" so I will trust him on that matter.

Given that many here are expecting, when the time comes, to walk into the bookstore and find nothing but Gold clothing that is 100% perfectly matching regardless of the items, well ain't gonna happen. Could be wrong, but don't think so.

And from reading these boards, I think we will hear screaming worse than an 18 month old denied the proper colored doll dress on Christmas morning.

my blue GT polo gets a lot of reaction from people on the streets of DC. Way more than my white and gold polo.
The fact remains that blue is NOT one of our colors, other than for trim, so how the hell did we ever get to this point that blue shirts, caps, whatever are acceptable as Tech gear. Black, maybe, blue....I just don't understand it.

When I was in school, back in the dark ages (60s), I don't remember anything other than gold being sold at either the book store or the Engineer's Book Store. That's for sure all I had. I even had a gold lettermen's type jacket with white leather sleeves.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The fact remains that blue is NOT one of our colors, other than for trim, so how the hell did we ever get to this point that blue shirts, caps, whatever are acceptable as Tech gear. Black, maybe, blue....I just don't understand it.
because dark colors look better on clothing. You guys are acting like the majority of clothes sold at the bookstore are for athletic purposes. They're not they're sold for standard wearing that happens to be what people wear to athletic events. Just like any business the bookstore is going to stock what people buy. Over the years the trend for almost all school shave been grey and a dark color clothing being sold more than light color clothing. It just is what it is.

You can't get mad at the bookstore selling everyday wear for not selling only gameday stuff. Maybe you should get Todd and Adidias to make a GAMEDAY line that is all White and Gold and looks good and is cheap with a marketing push of WEAR THIS TO GAMEDAY

jacob

Banned
because dark colors look better on clothing. You guys are acting like the majority of clothes sold at the bookstore are for athletic purposes. They're not they're sold for standard wearing that happens to be what people wear to athletic events. Just like any business the bookstore is going to stock what people buy. Over the years the trend for almost all school shave been grey and a dark color clothing being sold more than light color clothing. It just is what it is.

You can't get mad at the bookstore selling everyday wear for not selling only gameday stuff. Maybe you should get Todd and Adidias to make a GAMEDAY line that is all White and Gold and looks good and is cheap with a marketing push of WEAR THIS TO GAMEDAY
We can still sell navy but it shouldn't be 90% navy and 10% gold. It should be 90% gold, 5% white and 5% navy.

I have obviously never been to a UGAG bookstore, but when you go to Walmart or any of the many other stores that sell (predominantly) college fans, you sure don't see any color that looks "better on clothing," unless you think that red is a good everyday color to wear. I don't think you see any mixture of colors for Clemson either, just ugly orange and occasional purple, neither of which look good as regular clothing. Why the hell does Tech have to be different?

jacob

Banned
I have obviously never been to a UGAG bookstore, but when you go to Walmart or any of the many other stores that sell (predominantly) college fans, you sure don't see any color that looks "better on clothing," unless you think that red is a good everyday color to wear. I don't think you see any mixture of colors for Clemson either, just ugly orange and occasional purple, neither of which look good as regular clothing. Why the hell does Tech have to be different?
Exactly!!!

Milwaukee

Banned
Oh, believe me, I wish we had one standard shad of gold, but since we don't I will wear anything yellow, gold, semi-yellow, whatever. And I agree that the color alone does not signify that you are a Tech fan, but unless whoever is looking actually sees the logo, they don't have a clue that you are a Tech fan. Now if you were in a bunch of fans of several schools, and you had even an ugly shadd of yellow on, in the midst of red, orange, purple, blue, whatever, that yellow IS going to say that you are a Tech fan.

I think this is more accurate in maybe McDonough, GA or Newnan, GA. In major cities, not named Atlanta, nobody looks twice at a yellow shirt and thinks Georgia Tech. It doesn't even cross their minds as a possibility.