Hey is it time to talk Uni's

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
You got that right, this old fart hates the blue pants, white jersey. Where's the gold? I'm disappointed that this display is not in keeping with "blue is only an accent color". I thought the way going forward was going to be limited to gold and white as primary colors. I also wish they would discard the chicken wire on the white helmets.

This was a concept that Hail State Unis put together on Chris Creamer's sportslogos.net board...not affiliated with GTAA or adidas.
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/112581-georgia-tech-adidas-concept/?tab=comments#comment-2789563

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Whatever gets rolled out...folks will ***** and moan. There has been no consistency in unis the last 40 years, or more. So every generation has their own favorite flavor.

Hopefully the rebranding can remain consistent going forward and get all fans / generations on board for the short term and long term.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
NEVER NEVER NEVER !!!!

200.webp

THWG

Helluva Engineer
How would y'all feel about white helmets with a gold stripe down the middle but the ramblin wreck on the side instead of the GT? I think that this would look good as an alternate for the whiteout game and it would be something new.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How would y'all feel about white helmets with a gold stripe down the middle but the ramblin wreck on the side instead of the GT? I think that this would look good as an alternate for the whiteout game and it would be something new.

White & a Stripe would look good but not without GT logo. JMO

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn gen xers
:p

I'm one too but the nostalgia for that team doesn't make me pine for blue jerseys. Besides half our games that year were gold white gold and we did give hell to them sons of bitches.

The thing that I like most about those uniforms isn't the nostalgia; is that you immediately know what team you are watching. We aren't confused with Navy, or Pitt, or notre dame, or Purdue, or Vandy, or Wake Forest, or any of those other teams with white and gold in their schemes. People instantly know you are watching TECH.

22594022889_35be113da8_o.jpg

I mean come on... What college football fan doesn't know what team this is just by looking at this photo?

Plus going with the white jersey or blue jersey essentially eliminates one of our stupidest stumbling blocks... The gold on the jersey not matching the helmet.

I am really looking forward to some consistency in our branding. I feel like that is the most important part of a uniform; being instantly able to recognize what team is wearing it.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
The thing that I like most about those uniforms isn't the nostalgia; is that you immediately know what team you are watching. We aren't confused with Navy, or Pitt, or notre dame, or Purdue, or Vandy, or Wake Forest, or any of those other teams with white and gold in their schemes. People instantly know you are watching TECH.

22594022889_35be113da8_o.jpg

I mean come on... What college football fan doesn't know what team this is just by looking at this photo?

Plus going with the white jersey or blue jersey essentially eliminates one of our stupidest stumbling blocks... The gold on the jersey not matching the helmet.

I am really looking forward to some consistency in our branding. I feel like that is the most important part of a uniform; being instantly able to recognize what team is wearing it.
In my life time Tech has always been known for Gold. I've never liked the blue to be honest especially not in Basketball. I just wish we would wear gold jerseys at home like we used to.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else hate the shade of gold on our helmets vs. UT Monday night? Tech's helmets should look like the ones above in the Shawn Jones pic- to hell with matching it to the crappy gold color in the jerseys!

MidnightJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I know I'll probably be in a minority of 1 with this comment, but I think we should roll with all white unis as often as possible. White unis are clean, sleek, modern, and certainly a more important Tech color than navy. My ideal uniforms would be similar to Texas' uniforms but with the throwback oldgold used throughout. Have all white (helmets, jerseys, and pants) with old gold secondary. Then alternatively have Calvin throwback unis with a matching oldgold helmet when white isn't an option.