Hey is it time to talk Uni's

Milwaukee

Banned
I know I'll probably be in a minority of 1 with this comment, but I think we should roll with all white unis as often as possible, as we've done much of the PJ era. White unis are clean, sleek, modern, and certainly a more important Tech color than navy. My ideal uniforms would be similar to Texas' uniforms but with the throwback oldgold used throughout. Have all white (helmets, jerseys, and pants) with old gold secondary. Then alternatively have Calvin throwback unis with a matching oldgold helmet when white isn't an option.

Good God, no.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else hate the shade of gold on our helmets vs. UT Monday night? Tech's helmets should look like the ones above in the Shawn Jones pic- to hell with matching it to the crappy gold color in the jerseys!
I think it was the lighting under the new Dome. FSU's helmets looked weird also.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I know I'll probably be in a minority of 1 with this comment, but I think we should roll with all white unis as often as possible. White unis are clean, sleek, modern, and certainly a more important Tech color than navy. My ideal uniforms would be similar to Texas' uniforms but with the throwback oldgold used throughout. Have all white (helmets, jerseys, and pants) with old gold secondary. Then alternatively have Calvin throwback unis with a matching oldgold helmet when white isn't an option.

Properly done (thinking Tech Gold here) it would look fantastic. Even with Texas sucking so bad for a while, their uni says so much by being so simple. They have a unique logo, but no more so than we do.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
I know I'll probably be in a minority of 1 with this comment, but I think we should roll with all white unis as often as possible. White unis are clean, sleek, modern, and certainly a more important Tech color than navy. My ideal uniforms would be similar to Texas' uniforms but with the throwback oldgold used throughout. Have all white (helmets, jerseys, and pants) with old gold secondary. Then alternatively have Calvin throwback unis with a matching oldgold helmet when white isn't an option.
I agree with ya Midnight! Just like these basketball uniforms.
KKK_1094.jpg

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Spoke to someone who works at the bookstore yesterday. Based on her dress, I assume she is a manager. She was very polite. She said that the bookstore will not remove UA and Nike merchandise once Adidas moves in and that Adidas will only get a section. They've been able to successfully "fight" the AD on this and will continue to sell... what sells. She said that navy is far and away their biggest seller and that the AD's push for a new GT gold will not happen as Tech isn't big enough for Adidas to create a new pigment. She said that it looks as if Tech will adopt Notre Dame's gold as "Tech Gold." She celebrated the fact that Tech's licensing department is not housed under the AD despite Stansbury's attempts to absorb it.

Take all of this for what you will. Hoping someone will be able to debunk or correct some of this.

Last edited:

jacob

Banned
Spoke to someone who works at the bookstore yesterday. Based on their dress, I assume she is a manager. She was very polite. She said that the bookstore will not remove UA and Nike merchandise once Adidas moves in and that Adidas will only get a section. They've been able to successfully "fight" the AD on this and will continue to sell... what sells. She said that navy is far and away their biggest seller and that the AD's push for a new GT gold will not happen as Tech isn't big enough for Adidas to create a new pigment. She said that it looks as if Tech will adopt Notre Dame's gold as "Tech Gold." She celebrated the fact that Tech's licensing department is not housed under the AD despite Stansbury's attempts to absorb it.

Take all of this for what you will. Hoping someone will be able to debunk or correct some of this.
Wow that sounds terrible

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just like Russell is not our only clothing supplier for Georgia Tech Adidas will not be either.

Not sure why anyone would think that we would limit who can make GT apperal to only Adidas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jacob

Banned
Spoke to someone who works at the bookstore yesterday. Based on her dress, I assume she is a manager. She was very polite. She said that the bookstore will not remove UA and Nike merchandise once Adidas moves in and that Adidas will only get a section. They've been able to successfully "fight" the AD on this and will continue to sell... what sells. She said that navy is far and away their biggest seller and that the AD's push for a new GT gold will not happen as Tech isn't big enough for Adidas to create a new pigment. She said that it looks as if Tech will adopt Notre Dame's gold as "Tech Gold." She celebrated the fact that Tech's licensing department is not housed under the AD despite Stansbury's attempts to absorb it.

Maybe navy is the biggest seller because that's all they have in the bookstore!