Hey is it time to talk Uni's

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we will find out Monday on the podcast who has the contract. Anybody is better than Russell.

I have no idea of the standard, if any, logistics of these type of announcements, but I do not expect to hear anything until after the season or early 2018.

But I have no idea how this will play out.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea of the standard, if any, logistics of these type of announcements, but I do not expect to hear anything until after the season or early 2018.

But I have no idea how this will play out.
Someone said that there was some news coming out in the podcast today. Maybe we got a buy out with Russell lol. Wishful thinking.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
After Adidas cow towed to Lavar Ball this week and replaced a female ref who tech'd him up, I foresee a PR fallout for Adidas. I was one who hoped for them over Nike, but that was a really bad look.

Was it a biased tech? I know LaVar gets under people skin but was his action any different than any other coach whining over a bad call? He needs time it down A LOT, but there's a lot of truth when he speaks.

Back GTFB....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After Adidas cow towed to Lavar Ball this week and replaced a female ref who tech'd him up, I foresee a PR fallout for Adidas. I was one who hoped for them over Nike, but that was a really bad look.

Definitely a bad look but there won't be any long-lasting backlash IMO.

@Ibeeballin he was IMHO rightfully T'd up then BSPN shoved cameras in his face. At that point, he went on a typical 'she ain't ready' diatribe. After that, the adidas folks made sure she wasn't on his game. That was dead wrong, IMHO. Whoever made that decision probably was thinking, "Uh, we pulled 70,000 on facebook-live for his game when we normally pull probably 700." Very short-sighted.

Since then, the organization that's provided officials for the tournament for the past 5 years severed ties with adidas.

It's more of a bad look on Ball than on adidas IMO. adidas can probably smooth it over with some P.R. Ball won't change until they stop putting his face on tv.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Was it a biased tech? I know LaVar gets under people skin but was his action any different than any other coach whining over a bad call? He needs time it down A LOT, but there's a lot of truth when he speaks.

Back GTFB....

Not sure why she T'd him up the first time, but he wouldn't get off the court and yelled for them to replace her. The fact that Adidas did replace a D1 official due to an objection from an AAU coach is a bad look for Adidas.

After they replaced her, he got another T, then pulled his kids off the court. Again. Then went on his typical "stay in your lane" and "she's probably good in the women's game, but this is big boy ball."

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
In case you want a nice distraction to kill a few minutes before going home for the day, this was an amusing collection. Some of these really aren't that bad, but the rest are just...no.... somebody had to be high on something. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of "be careful what you wish for."
Some ugly dwag unis, but that's redundant. Also, I don't remember that we had to lend VPISU some jerseys for a game....
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/29/16059718/worst-college-football-uniforms

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Well, to go back to where I started, anybody got any ideas about Unis for this year? Will we do something special for Labor Day?
Fan day is the first time most new jerseys are shown BUT it is not a guarantee that they will have the new jerseys for it.

I also highly doubt we'll have an alternate for the opener. We may have white helmets though.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
New doesnt always mean better. IMO the old Falcons logo is much better than the new logo. The new one looks like it came straight from a cartoon. I wish Tech would emphasize more of the Ramblin Wreck but thats me

Stolen from another site after the Superbowl:
falcon drinking.png

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
:oops:
In case you want a nice distraction to kill a few minutes before going home for the day, this was an amusing collection. Some of these really aren't that bad, but the rest are just...no.... somebody had to be high on something. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of "be careful what you wish for."
Some ugly dwag unis, but that's redundant. Also, I don't remember that we had to lend VPISU some jerseys for a game....
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/29/16059718/worst-college-football-uniforms

I know some folks here doubted me when I claimed Nike, UA, and adidas have all made unis just as ugly as the worst Russell GT unis. Thanks for providing the visual evidence to back me up. :ROFLMAO:

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
GT wasn't on the list. Crazy, everyone that isn't a GT fan loves the honeycombs.