Hey is it time to talk Uni's

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Ken's story on myajc.com had Keshun and Ricky talking about how glad they are Russell is getting out of the picture. So I wonder if a new vendor will give us a whole new look. With a much debated shade of gold, I bet.
Thanks for mentioning this.

Johnson, Jeune, Freeman weigh in on apparel deal
Said Jeune, “I think that was needed. For recruiting, nobody wants to wear Russell. It’s either Nike or something else.”
To Jeune, the problem with Russell has been both the quantity of gear that athletes received and the look.

Said Jeune, “It’s a little mixture of both, and you hear it from everybody else, like, ‘That’s Russell. You guys are Russell still?’”

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Ken's story on myajc.com had Keshun and Ricky talking about how glad they are Russell is getting out of the picture. So I wonder if a new vendor will give us a whole new look. With a much debated shade of gold, I bet.

As regards the new shade of Gold, I could also envision a manufacturer wanting to do something with a White hat / TOTALLY UNIQUE GOLD SHIRT / White pants type branding.

Just guessing we are done with black and will use minimum blue trim depending on success of color Gold chosen.

As regards the new shade of Gold, I could also envision a manufacturer wanting to do something with a White hat / TOTALLY UNIQUE GOLD SHIRT / White pants type branding.

Just guessing we are done with black and will use minimum blue trim depending on success of color Gold chosen.
I personally wish we would be done with blue and go back to the black trim of the Dodd days. But that's just me.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I personally wish we would be done with blue and go back to the black trim of the Dodd days. But that's just me.

I do not object to the black trim (that is what Dodd used in his G/W/G unis), but I am under the impression that 5 - 10 years ago some committee deemed it that blue would be our trim.

I would like ALL our teams to use the same trim color, however.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I believe that a majority of the wrong thinking people are right.
I think all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.;)

I do not object to the black trim (that is what Dodd used in his G/W/G unis), but I am under the impression that 5 - 10 years ago some committee deemed it that blue would be our trim.

I would like ALL our teams to use the same trim color, however.
Yes, for God knows what reason, somebody or bodies at Tech decided that blue would be our official tertiary color. I hated that decision then, and I still hate it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Dang those were some butt ugly Adidas unis. As I've said in the past...Russell wasn't the only one to make awful ones, they all have.

Whoever Tech chooses might produce something that angers the fan base. Hopefully whichever it one wins out will appeal to recruits and reward current players with great swag.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Adidas has really made drastic changes to there branding. The article is correct, they did have some ugly *** uniforms in both football and basketball a few years back. It's as if they sat down and said we are changing everything we are doing and going another direction. From apparel to sneakers to marketing. They are hotter than Nike right now in "cool" factor.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Have heard addias make a new type of knit shoe that is the rage among kids.
Rebok , nike, addias make shoes.
Is the uni deal separate deal from shoe deal

Milwaukee

Banned
Adidas has the Ultra Boosts going for them, and they're hot right now. Extremely hot. They've made one great shoe, or item, in the past 25 years. There is no new "direction" from Adidas, they just have a shoe that is very popular today. I don't get too wrapped up in them turning the corner as an apparel option just because they finally made a good shoe.

That is all.

Nike.png

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I've been watching the second season of Last Chance U and the uniforms Adidas made for EMCC look really good (in my opinion). I guess they know how much their stuff will be marketed in a huge show. Just saying I wouldn't be completely upset if we sign with them. Overall, I just want us to be treated as a priority.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
After Adidas cow towed to Lavar Ball this week and replaced a female ref who tech'd him up, I foresee a PR fallout for Adidas. I was one who hoped for them over Nike, but that was a really bad look.