Hey is it time to talk Uni's

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
Still waiting for an all Black Look...
I remember a mock up someone did maybe 5 or 6 years ago of an all black uni. Black matte helmets with black face masks, gold GT on helmet. Gold numbers outline in white. Even though I am a very traditional OF I really thought they looked sharp and would not mind something like that for a special occasion.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In 1991 we wore gold at home

No, we didn't. I know because I was on the sideline for every single game those two years. Look at GTBob's list from 1990 (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmKv7TIezIlPq-hJLS3lEYBAUiW2jteo) All the home games we're wearing blue. He only has the UVA game as a true home game from 1991 but we were the 'home' team in the Kickoff Classic and the Aloha Bowl and we wore blue (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmKv7TIezIm0c4zmngm7obPp3uHohRRm). I think we wore blue in 1992 as well but I don't remember as I had moved on to baseball by then (I was a student trainer).

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Something like this would be boss for an indoor or late fall game. I could see it against UT and we would blow out their "smokey" uniforms.. I can dig it.
I remember a mock up someone did maybe 5 or 6 years ago of an all black uni. Black matte helmets with black face masks, gold GT on helmet. Gold numbers outline in white. Even though I am a very traditional OF I really thought they looked sharp and would not mind something like that for a special occasion.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
something like this would be cool:

a185de13eef38ae2fd87b129db5b0761--college-football-uniforms-college-uniform.jpg

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

Was it this one?
View attachment 2View attachment 3View attachment 4View attachment 5

EA Teambuilder... What if we did away with navy for one game and went back to the black....

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
Was it this one?
Thanks pinglett, but that is not it. It had number 2 on the jersey and someone made the comment that it was Vad Lee, so that's why I thought it was 5 or 6 years ago. The figure had his hands out in front with the gloves forming GT. I printed it and kept it for a while, but in 3 office changes since then I lost it.

Anyway, I really thought they looked sharp

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Ken's story on myajc.com had Keshun and Ricky talking about how glad they are Russell is getting out of the picture. So I wonder if a new vendor will give us a whole new look. With a much debated shade of gold, I bet.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
remember that we had the ugly gold in 2008 because they were trying to cater to the "traditional fans" with the new coach coming in

Milwaukee

Banned
remember that we had the ugly gold in 2008 because they were trying to cater to the "traditional fans" with the new coach coming in

That nightmare was attributed to Russell changing our entire look. We went from classic perfect to the ugliest uniforms in D1 overnight. I think Russell wanted a new look for a new coaching staff but you don't mess with classic. I'm baffled at how ugly we've been since 2008, I mean, who in the hell approves this stuff on our end? Don't get me started on 2012-2013. Good God man.

gatechx-large.jpg
georgia_tech_football_uniforms.jpg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
That Tevin uniform looked like something from the Arena League but not as bad as the honeycomb look. Surprisingly a few of my Michigan and Michigan St friends like the honeycomb look.

Milwaukee

Banned
Brandon Mays posted this on Twitter today, hopefully we keep these blues as an alternate this year. The scheme is perfect, not too much noise and the numbers are actually included on the shoulders unlike the last blue debacle.

The more I think about it, TS should just bring me on as the uniform consultant. I've got this covered.

IMG_20170718_195422.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I just LOL at the fact that NO ONE is hiding their disdain for Russell anymore. It use to be that you get a lot of PC answers, or guys saying they like the unis while slapped with a look of constipation. Now? Flat out saying Russell needs to move out of the house with quickness.

On another note, we need to go with gold chrome helmets. Or the white helmets with a gold chrome "GT"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just LOL at the fact that NO ONE is hiding their disdain for Russell anymore. It use to be that you get a lot of PC answers, or guys saying they like the unis while slapped with a look of constipation. Now? Flat out saying Russell needs to move out of the house with quickness.

On another note, we need to go with gold chrome helmets. Or the white helmets with a gold chrome "GT"

*used to be

*better PC than Mac ... Eeeeyyyooo

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Techster
I don't have disdain for Russell. They have made good looking unis and bad ones. Just like all the others have.

The problem with Russell is they became a non entity in this game several years ago out of choice and have completely surrendered in the market. Too bad for us at the timing of our contract and the Russell decision to bug out.

So Russell isn't a player and even if you don't hate them they aren't worthy of discussion anymore.

As for chrome gold...:vomit:....that's the exact opposite of old gold...which happens to be our official if unused shade of gold. It's also just copying Norte Dame which is lame and looks bad on them even. They should return to their classic gold domes themselves. I damn sure don't want to copy them.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
@Techster
I don't have disdain for Russell. They have made good looking unis and bad ones. Just like all the others have.

The problem with Russell is they became a non entity in this game several years ago out of choice and have completely surrendered in the market. Too bad for us at the timing of our contract and the Russell decision to bug out.

So Russell isn't a player and even if you don't hate them they aren't worthy of discussion anymore.

As for chrome gold...:vomit:....that's the exact opposite of old gold...which happens to be our official if unused shade of gold. It's also just copying Norte Dame which is lame and looks bad on them even. They should return to their classic gold domes themselves. I damn sure don't want to copy them.

This isn't about you @Whiskey_Clear . It's about what I like. :)