Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I think it is being misunderstood. A Vaccine passport does not REQUIRE you to do anything. It simply means that if another country requires you to be vaccinated to travel on their airlines or cruise ships or ports of entry, that you have an easy document which they will recognize as valid for that purpose. It is not always true that @WreckinGT and I agree, but on this topic we agree fully. This is a help to American citizens who WANT or MUST travel abroad.

Right, other countries can do as they want, and these restrictions are completely understandable. I was referring to restrictions inside our own country. We have laws that protect privacy and liberty unlike most other countries on earth.

Deleted member 2897

I know I have annoyed some of you with how I've pounded folks like the CDC and Dr. Fauci over the head. My intent of being critical of them so often is not to annoy people, but to instead spread the actual science.

Here is a video of the CDC Director on TV March 10th. She again criticizes states who are "opening up too quickly". They mention Texas by name. Here is a trend of Texas daily covid cases (shows for me down at the bottom). And notice how the numbers continue dropping despite the fact the country as a whole bottomed out and is increasing again. Its about behavior, not restrictions. States who have had the most stringent restrictions and shutdowns have no material difference in cases from those states that are open. Being open doesn't mean being unsafe. You can be open and safe at the same time, as dozens of states have shown us for almost a year.

Next, listen to what she says about people who have been vaccinated. You are not to stop wearing a mask or being around other people. But in your own home you can meet with other vaccinated people. This has literally zero connection to science. We have no data yet that you can spread the disease or end up in the hospital in any meaningful number. Sure, if you're 80 years old or of frail health, you probably should be extra careful. But for regular Americans, this type of guidance is ridiculous.

Now listen to an interview from this weekend from Dr. Fauci. He blames the plateau and slight increase in cases on states who opened again. This in spite of the evidence that states like Texas are NOT seeing cases increase again - in fact cases are DECREASING. They are worse in states like New York and New Jersey. Why are people like them spreading false information?

He then goes on to say that kids cannot go to summer camps or playing in playgrounds right now. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh yea? Watch.

Dr. Walensky today said she has a feeling of impending doom with respect to another surge coming. Keep in mind that 150 million shots have been given. Almost 100 million people have now had the full vaccine. Another third (young people) are essentially immune. And another probably 10% at least have already had covid and have antibodies even though they haven't had the vaccine. With every passing week, another 20 million people get a shot.

Now is not the time to stop being safe. But the ability to have another wave of deaths is decreasing dramatically because those people susceptible to getting it don't simply exist. The group that does are the 25% of seniors who haven't gotten the shot. Their choice, but they've had plenty of time to get it. We can't shut down our economy forever for a group of people who refuse to ever get the shot. Tell them to stay at home and lock their doors, not us.

Attachments

• EEDF857E-93AC-4E08-961F-5298C82FF183.jpeg
    EEDF857E-93AC-4E08-961F-5298C82FF183.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Now that I have the Vaccine, my family thinks I am showing some serious side effects. But I don't feel anything, I am so happy and looking forward to the future. I have thrown all my Apple products in the trash and switched back to windows PCs. Those things are GREAT! I just love the excitement of the surprise blue screens. The new frequent breaks in life I get now due to the multiple daily reboots to keep my PC humming along. Plus with my new lease on life, I am really enjoying the huge percentage of my income I have started donating to the Bill Gates Foundation.

The future is bright.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It must be frustrating to be so ideologically conflicted when with one issue a person fully supports something and on a slightly different issue that same person vehemently opposes it. That crap must “live in people’s heads” and drive them absolutely insane. Amazing.

Deleted member 2897

I know I have annoyed some of you with how I've pounded folks like the CDC and Dr. Fauci over the head. My intent of being critical of them so often is not to annoy people, but to instead spread the actual science.

Here is a video of the CDC Director on TV March 10th. She again criticizes states who are "opening up too quickly". They mention Texas by name. Here is a trend of Texas daily covid cases (shows for me down at the bottom). And notice how the numbers continue dropping despite the fact the country as a whole bottomed out and is increasing again. Its about behavior, not restrictions. States who have had the most stringent restrictions and shutdowns have no material difference in cases from those states that are open. Being open doesn't mean being unsafe. You can be open and safe at the same time, as dozens of states have shown us for almost a year.

Next, listen to what she says about people who have been vaccinated. You are not to stop wearing a mask or being around other people. But in your own home you can meet with other vaccinated people. This has literally zero connection to science. We have no data yet that you can spread the disease or end up in the hospital in any meaningful number. Sure, if you're 80 years old or of frail health, you probably should be extra careful. But for regular Americans, this type of guidance is ridiculous.

Now listen to an interview from this weekend from Dr. Fauci. He blames the plateau and slight increase in cases on states who opened again. This in spite of the evidence that states like Texas are NOT seeing cases increase again - in fact cases are DECREASING. They are worse in states like New York and New Jersey. Why are people like them spreading false information?

He then goes on to say that kids cannot go to summer camps or playing in playgrounds right now. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh yea? Watch.

Dr. Walensky today said she has a feeling of impending doom with respect to another surge coming. Keep in mind that 150 million shots have been given. Almost 100 million people have now had the full vaccine. Another third (young people) are essentially immune. And another probably 10% at least have already had covid and have antibodies even though they haven't had the vaccine. With every passing week, another 20 million people get a shot.

Now is not the time to stop being safe. But the ability to have another wave of deaths is decreasing dramatically because those people susceptible to getting it don't simply exist. The group that does are the 25% of seniors who haven't gotten the shot. Their choice, but they've had plenty of time to get it. We can't shut down our economy forever for a group of people who refuse to ever get the shot. Tell them to stay at home and lock their doors, not us.

To drive this playground and camp comment home further, 238 kids 0-17 died of covid in the last year. By comparison, 188 kids died of the flu in the previous year. 638 died of the flu the year before that. And 251 the year before that. Did we ever tell kids they can't play with friends or go to camp or play at playgrounds? These comments from Dr. Fauci and others around states opening up and telling kids not to play that has no connection to science epitomizes my frustration with him and these health agencies.

LibertyTurns

Banned

She wrote the below around Thanksgiving & pukes this out now. She claimed the vaccine’s efficacy was dependent upon speed of the rollout (has been extraordinarily fast), the severity of the pandemic when it’s rolled out (not severe) and the portion of the population willing to get vaccinated (high). She met all the criteria she wanted but now is “scared”. Typical government lackey move- feign disaster impending, whine about not having a perfect set up, cry about resources then declare yourself a hero when the crisis never materializes. If this thing goes south, she owns it. She could not have inherited a better starting place as CDC Director coming off a full blown pandemic & all she needs to do is execute the plan handed to her.

Deleted member 2897

She wrote the below around Thanksgiving & pukes this out now. She claimed the vaccine’s efficacy was dependent upon speed of the rollout (has been extraordinarily fast), the severity of the pandemic when it’s rolled out (not severe) and the portion of the population willing to get vaccinated (high). She met all the criteria she wanted but now is “scared”. Typical government lackey move- feign disaster impending, whine about not having a perfect set up, cry about resources then declare yourself a hero when the crisis never materializes. If this thing goes south, she owns it. She could not have inherited a better starting place as CDC Director coming off a full blown pandemic & all she needs to do is execute the plan handed to her.

Yesterday at a press conference a reporter yelled “should states pause reopening efforts”, and the answer was “yes”. Why shouldn’t states like California, New York, and others who have suffered under lockdowns enjoy the economic success that states like Texas, South Carolina and Florida have enjoyed all along? And as anybody can see by looking at the data, without negative impacts to Covid numbers. None of this makes any sense. Why would someone want to lock states back down? What in the numbers shows that would be a good idea? You can be safe and open at the same time. We’re a full year into this and the leaders of these organizations haven’t leaned a thing. How is it possible that non-health experts know more about the material than the experts do?

None of this makes any sense.

Deleted member 2897

On the national news this morning, they pointed out that cases are dropping in states that are more open, while rising in states that have tougher restrictions. Thank God someone is reporting it. Then they followed up with Dr. Jha who reiterated the exact opposite, stressing what the CDC Director said - that we need to shut back down. Anti-science idiots.

Savannah Guthrie challenged him on that. He blamed the weather. He should listen to himself blabber this crap. Then you should OPEN to let people gather OUTSIDE.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
None of this makes any sense.
If the only criteria is mortality, shut everyone in their homes ... forever. Problem solved.

But we live in a society. The criteria should not be “zero mortality”, but what is the appropriate level of risk for a given level of economic activity?

Alcholism? Depression? Children’s education? None of these talking heads have to answer for downstream effects that their policies cause.

Deleted member 2897

If the only criteria is mortality, shut everyone in their homes ... forever. Problem solved.

But we live in a society. The criteria should not be “zero mortality”, but what is the appropriate level of risk for a given level of economic activity?

Alcholism? Depression? Children’s education? None of these talking heads have to answer for downstream effects that their policies cause.

****, they don’t even have an answer for the upstream effects their policies cause. We have two different sets of data in our states. One set of states has decreasing cases. Another set of states has increasing cases. The CDC director says she has an impending sense of doom because more states aren’t doing what the group is doing that is seeing increasing cases. What the **** is wrong with these people?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
****, they don’t even have an answer for the upstream effects their policies cause. We have two different sets of data in our states. One set of states has decreasing cases. Another set of states has increasing cases. The CDC director says she has an impending sense of doom because more states aren’t doing what the group is doing that is seeing increasing cases. What the **** is wrong with these people?
It reminds me of the Challenger disaster. So many Morton Thiokol engineers trying to find a reason to approve the launch under freezing conditions. The pressure to say "yes" was huge. Had they looked at little bit further at the data set, it was pretty clear it was a "no".

"Satisficing" ... a decision-making strategy or cognitive heuristic that entails searching through the available alternatives until an acceptability threshold is met.

Deleted member 2897

Kim Mulkey out here dropping truth bombs.

USA Today has a scathing opinion piece slamming her that she should know better, given she's already had covid herself. Ummmm, okay lets summarize:
1) She's already had covid. That means she's immune to it. She may have also been vaccinated. So she has no risk of contracting it herself.
2) She was asymptomatic, like the vast majority of college students who have gotten it.
3) She tested negative several times during the time she also tested positive.
4) As far as I am aware (I might have missed it), we don't have a single instance of a single college student athlete in any sport having long term negative effects from covid.

USA Today has a scathing opinion piece slamming her that she should know better, given she's already had covid herself. Ummmm, okay lets summarize:
1) She's already had covid. That means she's immune to it. She may have also been vaccinated. So she has no risk of contracting it herself.
2) She was asymptomatic, like the vast majority of college students who have gotten it.
3) She tested negative several times during the time she also tested positive.
4) As far as I am aware (I might have missed it), we don't have a single instance of a single college student athlete in any sport having long term negative effects from covid.
Just because someone has had it already, doesn't mean he or she is now immune to it. A tailgate buddy of mine had it last May and said it was the sickest he has ever been, and he felt after-effects for several months. I learned last week that he now has it again, and he says this time is even worse than the first time. He's in his 40s and in incredibly good shape physically. He is in quarantine for one more week. and, as of yesterday, said he has shown very little improvement.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First shot does almost all the work. Get your shots people!
Finally got a slot for the Pfizer shot on Friday.

Looking forward to diner meals with my Dad and getting to ATL for basketball next season. Already renewed my tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.