Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I would agree. I know the "post-vaccine mask recommendation" is based on the fact that we're not sure if (and how likely it is for) vaccinated people can spread it.

There are always people whose immune systems are going to be janky enough that they can get covid twice, still get it even though they got vaccinated, and so on. But those are an extremely small number - almost too small to count. We're nearly a year past the start of clinical trials, and we're up to like 160 million shots in the general population here, plus millions more around the world. We don't have evidence that vaccinated people can spread the virus, so even if its possible, its going to probably come back to those same small people with janky immune systems. In other words, we're so far out in the tail of the data to even wonder if its possible that there's simply no reason to give the recommendations the CDC is giving. Indeed, when pressed on it, people like Dr. Fauci essentially say they're being over conservative and their guidance will change soon, they're just letting time pass. In other words, vaccinated people in any measurable number can't spread the virus, they just haven't formally said it out loud...but its what the data shows.

Deleted member 2897

I actually got that Sputnik vaccine a couple months ago when travelling in Europe. My wife said нет, but I rolled the dice and figured why not. In my 40s, I realized I could get it much quicker than in the Соединенные Штаты. No issues so far, but я дам тебе знать.

Deleted member 2897

Just read this in an article:

On Tuesday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky announced that studies have confirmed that those who are fully vaccinated pose little or no threat of spreading COVID-19.

“Our data from the CDC today suggest that vaccinated people do not carry the virus,” Walensky said.

Now keep in mind, the CDC also says if you’ve been vaccinated, you should not travel, you should not congregate with other people, and you should wear a mask. They’re not waiting on data. They’re not being extra cautious as they’ve hinted before. They know their recommendations are unnecessary.

What kind of nonsense is this?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Got the Pfizer vaccine and still aching & fatigued 4 days later. Today was intervals day & it’s been a long time since I had to gut my way thru a tough run. I’m told shot #2 is worse?

Deleted member 2897

Got the Pfizer vaccine and still aching & fatigued 4 days later. Today was intervals day & it’s been a long time since I had to gut my way thru a tough run. I’m told shot #2 is worse?

I don’t know if it’s true, but I’ve heard if you have this reaction to the first shot, it means you’ve already had it, and your body knows to go into overdrive to fight it off.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Unsure, I had does one a while back and had no effects. Get second dose next week. Hoping for more of the same.

Good work pushing through anyway on the runs.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Some more good news on Pfizer:

The vaccine remains more than 91% effective against disease with any symptoms for six months, the companies said. And it appeared to be fully effective against the worrying B.1.351 variant of the virus, which is the dominant strain circulating in South Africa

"The vaccine was 100% effective against severe disease as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and 95.3% effective against severe COVID-19 as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA),"

On Wednesday, the companies said a small trial of volunteers aged12 to 15 showed 100% efficacy in that age group.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My second shot was a nothing burger. No reactions at all (and I did have a mild reaction to shot #1).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just read this in an article:

On Tuesday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky announced that studies have confirmed that those who are fully vaccinated pose little or no threat of spreading COVID-19.

“Our data from the CDC today suggest that vaccinated people do not carry the virus,” Walensky said.

Now keep in mind, the CDC also says if you’ve been vaccinated, you should not travel, you should not congregate with other people, and you should wear a mask. They’re not waiting on data. They’re not being extra cautious as they’ve hinted before. They know their recommendations are unnecessary.

What kind of nonsense is this?
I just saw that same study.

it is now amazing to me that the CDC is refusing to follow its own research results.

#science. ya'll !!!!!!! (and may the Good Lord save us from government bureaucrats!)

Deleted member 2897

We see the same things here. When you make $50k/year without having to work, why would you sign up for back breaking work to make less, or possibly more...but again through hard work? Clearly many people would rather not work. I still don't understand why we just signed a multi-trillion dollar covid relief bill when most of the states have unemployment rates in the 3% to 4%s range and when the economy and stock market are at all time highs. And now the news says we're about to start discussion on another multi-trillion dollar jobs and infrastructure relief bill. LOL.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We see the same things here. When you make $50k/year without having to work, why would you sign up for back breaking work to make less, or possibly more...but again through hard work? Clearly many people would rather not work. I still don't understand why we just signed a multi-trillion dollar covid relief bill when most of the states have unemployment rates in the 3% to 4%s range and when the economy and stock market are at all time highs. And now the news says we're about to start discussion on another multi-trillion dollar jobs and infrastructure relief bill. LOL.
I have 60 open positions and am fighting the unemployment line for workers. The unemployment line is winning. Thru some of my team potential candidates are telling them they KNOW the jobs will be there when the free money runs out.

Deleted member 2897

I have 60 open positions and am fighting the unemployment line for workers. The unemployment line is winning. Thru some of my team potential candidates are telling them they KNOW the jobs will be there when the free money runs out.

Wr have a big hospitality industry in Charleston. My daughter works in it to help pay expenses while in college. She says a lot of people bargain a slightly reduced wage in cash and earn that under the table on top of the unemployment.

Deleted member 2897

My wife is a nurse and was talking to a German guy last week. He's been in the states for the last year working on a project at the local Mercedes plant. He's heading home soon and she asked him if he was looking forward to it. He said absolutely not. He said they've shut down over and over so many times the economy is in shambles and he's hearing you can't do anything. Incredible. The media may feed us one side of the story, but we are still the greatest country in the world.

On a side topic, the CDC updated their guidance on fully vaccinated Americans today. No real change. Despite all the science and studies showing it is safe to resume normal life.

Wear a mask, stay away from other people still. This from that article from the CDC Director: "We know that right now we have a surging number of cases. I would advocate against general travel overall. Our guidance is silent on recommending or not recommending fully vaccinated people travel. Our guidance speaks to the safety of doing so. If you're vaccinated it is lower at risk. We haven't changed our guidance for nonessential travel at all. We are not recommending travel at this time."

These people are full on idiot clowns.

Deleted member 2897

These people are lunatics.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.