Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Someone can feel free to fact check this, but they just said on the news that the percentage of people hospitalized under the age of 65 is higher than over 65. This is an incredibly amazing stat and proof the vaccinations are working. IIRC, the hospitalization makeup and death makeup for those over 65 has been around 80%.

Progress!
Yes, it’s that. It’s also that this was a weird *** thing developed in a lab. I know obese people in their 70’s that were fine, and I know people in their 40’s that struggled with it.

Deleted member 2897

The NIH caught AstraZeneca monkeying with the trial data numbers again on their vaccine. Good thing we have 3 shots today. Let’s just tell them to go pound sand.

Milwaukee

Banned
The NIH caught AstraZeneca monkeying with the trial data numbers again on their vaccine. Good thing we have 3 shots today. Let’s just tell them to go pound sand.
I wouldn’t touch any of them until they’re tested further. They’re literally enticing you with free Krispy Kreme donuts if you take their rushed vaccines. This is crazy and scary.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

I wouldn’t touch any of them until they’re tested further. They’re literally enticing you with free Krispy Kreme donuts if you take their rushed vaccines. This is crazy and scary.

It should be shortly taking care of itself. Those under 18 can't get the vaccine, and those under 30 are all but immune to it anyway. That's 35% of our population. Most of those older than 55 will soon have had the vaccine. If you assume 1/3rd of those won't get it, that's still another 20%. 10% of our country has tested positive, but estimates are its more like 30%. 35% + 20% + 30% = 85%. That's a super rough estimate, but we're almost there.

Deleted member 2897

God Bless America.

Just more signs that while we're not perfect, we do eventually get a lot of things right. Lots of big problems around the world in cases and deaths. Brazil just had 5,200 US-equivalent covid deaths yesterday. Europe has been struggling with vaccinations (and cases and deaths - a lot of Europe has been in yet another lockdown), and yesterday during an 'up your butt' detailed physical audit, 30 million vaccines were discovered sitting in a warehouse at a manufacturing site. The worry is the black market has taken hold and vaccines are being sold off to other countries in the dark of night. Jeez.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Looks like there are some interesting vaccine studies coming out in the New England Journal of Medicine. The plots below are from one study by the UTSW School of Medicine...link

thumbnail_image001.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Looks like there are some interesting vaccine studies coming out in the New England Journal of Medicine. The plots below are from one study by the UTSW School of Medicine...link

View attachment 10209

A few thoughts:
1) Thank you for sharing.
2) This should not be a surprise.
3) This is ****ing fantastic.

Deleted member 2897

FYI we have long since passed 100 million shots since late January. Over 130 million shots now.

Deleted member 2897

This headline seems odd:

Well in this day and age we'd all like to sit here and think "this doesn't make sense - its 2021". But all throughout history, black people have been used as medical guinea pigs, often against their will or unknowingly. For most of the last year the media and others told everyone not to trust the vaccine. So it should be of little wonder that many people took them all at their word. Its hard to undo all of that nonsense for the better part of the year very quickly.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I want to share about another death. I am not asking for condolences, I don’t really want a response, just feel the need to remind everyone that there is a human cost to not getting a vaccine.

Got news a few hours ago that my great nephew died of Covid. He was 17 and a junior in High School.

Milwaukee

Banned
I want to share about another death. I am not asking for condolences, I don’t really want a response, just feel the need to remind everyone that there is a human cost to not getting a vaccine.

Got news a few hours ago that my great nephew died of Covid. He was 17 and a junior in High School.
Absolutely awful, sorry for your loss. Can you share more details of the circumstances? Medical history, weight, height, etc. If you can’t or don’t feel comfortable I understand 100% and please don’t feel obligated.

I friggin hate posts like these as they break my heart. As big of an a$$ I am with sarcastic jokes, pc jokes, and political/passive aggressive jokes, crap like this makes all of us come together and mourn together.

I know we’re only a sports message board here at Swarm and it doesn’t mean much in the real world, but it’s guaranteed that dozens of us are praying for your family right now. Sending Love your way NE, God Bless.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely awful, sorry for your loss. Can you share more details of the circumstances? Medical history, weight, height, etc. If you can’t or don’t feel comfortable I understand 100% and please don’t feel obligated.

I friggin hate posts like these as they break my heart. As big of an a$$ I am with sarcastic jokes, pc jokes, and political/passive aggressive jokes, crap like this makes all of us come together and mourn together.

I know we’re only a sports message board here at Swarm and it doesn’t mean much in the real world, but it’s guaranteed that dozens of us are praying for your family right now. Sending Love your way NE, God Bless.
Well said.

Deleted member 2897

In my state, we almost made it a full year without losing a single adolescent or teenager to Covid. In January we lost a 17 year old to MIS-C I think they call it. Fairly normal kid, but their immune system basically exploded when they got Covid and the hospital couldn’t stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
This is a hot take but if it’s ever confirmed that it was in fact created in a lab in Wuhan do you nuke them in retaliation for 550k deaths? I do.
There is small to decent chance it came from the lab. BUT it was probably found in a bat population and studied. Not created for evil intent. In that case it was a sloppy accident and should not have retaliation to that level. Don't think a Nuke retaliation is needed for anything but a nuke attack to be honest if ever

Status
Not open for further replies.