Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

And thank you.

Let me preface this by saying I don’t know how to link reports with my phone. I don’t know if having a really old phone matters but anyway.

The 80,000 is my guestimate and I tried to be conservative. A US study showed that 50% of those who were hospitalized for Covid, and survived, ended up with permanent heart damage. A similar study in Europe placed the occurrence at 75%.

I purposely did not include other long haul effects such as neurological and lung issues.

But I agree with you that the science isn’t completely understood yet. I perhaps err on the side of caution due to some personal experiences with colleagues I have lost. I hate to think I am just being a nervous nelly 😊. Honestly, the thought of infecting someone else feels me with dread.

I still want to know more about Moses. If I were conspiratorial I might believe he was set up so the NCAA could get their Loyola vs Illinois matchup. I’m not serious. Yet.

I don’t know if there is a number, but it is real.

I think Moses got railroaded. His test showed “abnormalities”. That basically means it wasn’t a positive test, but it wasn’t a zero reading. As far as I know, he hasn’t been testing positive all week and hasn’t ever had symptoms. We may never know the full story. But it sure stinks.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I think Moses got railroaded. His test showed “abnormalities”. That basically means it wasn’t a positive test, but it wasn’t a zero reading. As far as I know, he hasn’t been testing positive all week and hasn’t ever had symptoms. We may never know the full story. But it sure stinks.
I guess the argument about Moses will be to say everyone was under the same protocols and we understood that and we were just unlucky. But darn. Could not have taken Tech out with a more surgical strike if you had planned it. 😳

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I thought that his test after the ACCT championship was abnormal, but then tested positive upon arrival in Indy.

Just to clear things up about remarks I made Friday. I WAS WRONG !!! I sincerely apologize to any of you I offended, and most especially to Moses Wright !!!
However, I was not the only one to pose that question, so I hope you will cut me a little slack.

Now I am wondering, as others have suggested, if this was somehow a case of sabotage. The only thing I can remember reading is that there were "abnormalities" in his testing; I never saw anything that said he actually tested positive. WTH are "abnormalities"??? It all sounds pretty fishy to me.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just to clear things up about remarks I made Friday. I WAS WRONG !!! I sincerely apologize to any of you I offended, and most especially to Moses Wright !!!
However, I was not the only one to pose that question, so I hope you will cut me a little slack.

Now I am wondering, as others have suggested, if this was somehow a case of sabotage. The only thing I can remember reading is that there were "abnormalities" in his testing; I never saw anything that said he actually tested positive. WTH are "abnormalities"??? It all sounds pretty fishy to me.

It was a case of sabotage.

dook gave Roger Ayers Covid, who passed it to Moses & VCU.

dook remains pieces of ****.

Deleted member 2897

It was a case of sabotage.

dook gave Roger Ayers Covid, who passed it to Moses & VCU.

dook remains pieces of ****.

In all seriousness, how does a Ref pass it on - they wear masks during the game and stay out of the traffic.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In all seriousness, how does a Ref pass it on - they wear masks during the game and stay out of the traffic.

In watching games, I'm not convinced they're wearing their masks as consistently as you'd think.

Also, dook went from a walk-on having it to 9 cases and now Ayers is banged up from it.

Seems to be a common link.

I will say that Ayers looks a pretty healthy dude, so hope he recovers quickly.

Deleted member 2897

What’s a factor of 10 among friends?

The CDC has almost literally 1 job. And when we needed them most, they’ve had about the same hit rate as a monkey throwing darts to pick its NCAA brackets.

It started with an organization with a budget of tens of billions a year (CDC, NIH) not being able to figure out how to manage an emergency PPE and medical equipment stockpile. Then it went from flatten the curve to eradication. I mean, you can’t even manage a ****ing warehouse to store things?

My favorite of all time might be to please do not wear masks, they don’t do anything to stop the spread of the disease.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2897

Someone can feel free to fact check this, but they just said on the news that the percentage of people hospitalized under the age of 65 is higher than over 65. This is an incredibly amazing stat and proof the vaccinations are working. IIRC, the hospitalization makeup and death makeup for those over 65 has been around 80%.

Progress!

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

From reading other sites they know when he was likely exposed, his test in Indy was positive as have been the retests.

Status
Not open for further replies.