Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We all obviously have our own opinions but what do you think Rand really accomplished there? He barks out some obscure accusation that he obviously doesn't have all of the details about and Fauci tells him he is completely wrong. He then reiterates the same point and Fauci again tells him he is wrong. He does this several more times until his time runs out. I guess he was trying to convince the TV audience that Fauci personally funded the creation of COVID in a lab in Wuhan. Im sure everyone believes that actually happened.
I believe that they were playing the media/DC/political word game.

Fauci has been one of the primary proponents of gain of function research in the USA. I believe his motivations are pure in that he genuinely believes this is the best way to prepare for future pandemics. This was prohibited under the Obama administration because of the risk of such viruses escaping into society.

The Wuhan lab is funded by Fauci's organizations. The Wuhan lab went into the wild and collected covid viruses from bats 1,000 miles away from Wuhan and brought them back for study. The Wuhan lab also conducts research for the Chinese military which they do not share with the USA. There is every reason to believe that the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab and brought covid to the rest of the world. The question becomes very similar to the issue about taxpayer dollars funding abortions at Planned Parenthood. Taxpayer funding goes to Planned Parenthood on large volume. Planned Parenthood and their supporters sweat that none of the taxpayer money is used to fund abortions, which PP conducts by the thousands. Yet any reasonable person can see the connection between the money coming from taxpayers and the abortion services provided. It is simple wordsmithing that allows one side to claim that no federal funds are used to pay for abortions. The same issue is what Paul was trying to get Fauci to admit...
  • Fauci's group funded the WIV lab
  • The WIV lab went out and found many bat covid viruses and brought them back to Wuhan
  • The WIV lab conducts research for Chinese military and Chinese government beyond what it does under Fauci's funding
  • There is now a ton of circumstantial evidence that even liberal media groups are publishing that covid escaped from the WIV lab
So, inadvertently, Fauci's funding may have inadvertently contributed to covid pandemic. Why does it matter? BECAUSE FAUCI HAS ASKED FOR A SIX FOLD INCREASE IN SAID FUNDING (I believe it is contained in the Infrastructure Bill pending). It might be worthwhile thinking about that before it is approved....

Fauci has been one of the primary proponents of gain of function research in the USA. I believe his motivations are pure in that he genuinely believes this is the best way to prepare for future pandemics. This was prohibited under the Obama administration because of the risk of such viruses escaping into society.

The Wuhan lab is funded by Fauci's organizations. The Wuhan lab went into the wild and collected covid viruses from bats 1,000 miles away from Wuhan and brought them back for study. The Wuhan lab also conducts research for the Chinese military which they do not share with the USA. There is every reason to believe that the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab and brought covid to the rest of the world. The question becomes very similar to the issue about taxpayer dollars funding abortions at Planned Parenthood. Taxpayer funding goes to Planned Parenthood on large volume. Planned Parenthood and their supporters sweat that none of the taxpayer money is used to fund abortions, which PP conducts by the thousands. Yet any reasonable person can see the connection between the money coming from taxpayers and the abortion services provided. It is simple wordsmithing that allows one side to claim that no federal funds are used to pay for abortions. The same issue is what Paul was trying to get Fauci to admit...
  • The WIV lab went out and found many bat covid viruses and brought them back to Wuhan
  • The WIV lab conducts research for Chinese military and Chinese government beyond what it does under Fauci's funding
  • There is now a ton of circumstantial evidence that even liberal media groups are publishing that covid escaped from the WIV lab
So, inadvertently, Fauci's funding may have inadvertently contributed to covid pandemic. Why does it matter? BECAUSE FAUCI HAS ASKED FOR A SIX FOLD INCREASE IN SAID FUNDING (I believe it is contained in the Infrastructure Bill pending). It might be worthwhile thinking about that before it is approved....
Though for different reasons (you and I apparently agree, while WreckinGT apparently doesn't), I recommend you read the highly comprehensive article written by long-time NY Times Science Writer Nicholas Wade. It is an extremely long article, but, although there is some technical stuff in it that I don't understand, it is very easy reading. If you don't have time to read the entire article (took me more than an hour), just skip to the final section entitled "In Conclusion". I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I certainly was. The link is https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038

GT_EE78

Banned
He recently said it could be towards the end of summer before we start seeing full stadiums again.

Baseball fans the first week of April: GO POUND SAND:

Dr. Fauci then calls that full stadium concerning. The rest of sports then says: GO KICK ROCKS.

Cases continue to plunge, not spike, in contradiction to their predictions.
hurrah for Texas! Braves been playing at full capacity for a week or so
Fauci-LOL, blind is one of the nicer things we could say about him
On Satyrday - U.S. indoor boxing attendance record
More than 73,000 fans attended the fight at the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium in Arlington, Texas, breaking the previous record set at a Muhammad Ali fight in 1978 by nearly 10,000 people.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
3F9AD6B5-A89B-4CE9-B711-3C32DB634D4C.jpeg

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Saying Fauci's group funded the lab isn't quite the same as saying the lab received funding from a third party who received some grant money from the NIH which provides grant money to many organizations. Claiming that Fauci directly provided that money to the Wuhan lab for the purpose of GoF research has no factual evidence behind it, and is actually a pretty preposterous statement. That what Rand did at least 4 times without asking any other real follow up questions, or providing any facts to back up his assertions. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about and tried to create sound bites based on a conspiracy theory.

If you guys want to believe the lab conspiracy theory, then good for you. I don't really care. Investigate it to your hearts content. Even Fauci said in the hearing that it should be investigated. I don't really care how others waste their time. Just stop making stuff up to feed the fire for your never ending conspiracy theories. The same people who cry everyday about how fake the media is do pretty much nothing but spout spoon fed conspiracy theories. In some ways it is ironic, but mostly it is just sad.

Saying Fauci's group funded the lab isn't quite the same as saying the lab received funding from a third party who received some grant money from the NIH which provides grant money to many organizations. Claiming that Fauci directly provided that money to the Wuhan lab for the purpose of GoF research has no factual evidence behind it, and is actually a pretty preposterous statement. That what Rand did at least 4 times without asking any other real follow up questions, or providing any facts to back up his assertions. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about and tried to create sound bites based on a conspiracy theory.

If you guys want to believe the lab conspiracy theory, then good for you. I don't really care. Investigate it to your hearts content. Even Fauci said in the hearing that it should be investigated. I don't really care how others waste their time. Just stop making stuff up to feed the fire for your never ending conspiracy theories. The same people who cry everyday about how fake the media is do pretty much nothing but spout spoon fed conspiracy theories. In some ways it is ironic, but mostly it is just sad.
How do you know that Fauci didn't have any money of his own in it? What do we even know about the man? He has changed his mind lied for more than year, so I wouldn't put anything past him. As far as what difference does it make? It makes all the difference in the world, because whether he did or not, American taxes were used to support the most dangerous kind of research there is, and whoever was in charge of decision making found a convenient loophole in the moratorium to continue the illicit research. Whoever was involved is complicit in the deaths of 3 million people worldwide and 300,000 in the US. It is NOT preposterous or a waste of time. It is highly significant and very important. Did you read Richard Wade's article? If not, then you should, because you obviously don't have a clue. And don't try to claim he's some sort of conspiracy theory nut. He has written for the NY Times (hardly a conservative newspaper) and several scientific periodicals for the better part on his adult life, and is highly respected.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He recently said it could be towards the end of summer before we start seeing full stadiums again.

Baseball fans the first week of April: GO POUND SAND:

Dr. Fauci then calls that full stadium concerning. The rest of sports then says: GO KICK ROCKS.

Cases continue to plunge, not spike, in contradiction to their predictions.

To be fair, professional baseball sucks.

Worst sport by far. Boring as **** level stuff.

Deleted member 2897

The NIH published the cease of funding of the bat research via EcoHealth on their own ****ing website in April of last year LOL. Just because you say it’s a conspiracy theory doesn’t make it so. Wide ranging media organizations and the NIH have stated they did fund this research via EcoHealth - that’s how a lot of the money flows. It’s not always a direct funding. It is real and true and it’s a conspiracy theory to say we had no idea what we were doing. Now I don’t know where Covid came from, but that’s not the point. We do this same sort of research on genetically tweaking viruses ourselves too.

Deleted member 2897

Posted on NIH's website, with quotes by the infamous tool Dr. Francis Collins himself.

Here is the specific funding mention for the bat coronavirus research...again on NIHs own website, LOL.

This is all information that's in the public domain. The NIH knows exactly what they were doing, because they published it for everyone and they said so.

Now, in doing research this morning, I learned something new to me. The guy who led the bat coronavirus research at EcoHealth that got grants from the NIH is on the main WHO Mission Response team - you'll read here how a group of scientists has publicly declared that this team at the WHO trafficked misinformation around the coronavirus. That's a huge conflict of interest that this EcoHealth guy was also a key person at the WHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yes. Haven't you seen my posts in the GT Swarm checkers forum?
I assumed you missed this year due to travel restrictions to Estonia.

Posted on NIH's website, with quotes by the infamous tool Dr. Francis Collins himself.

Here is the specific funding mention for the bat coronavirus research...again on NIHs own website, LOL.

This is all information that's in the public domain. The NIH knows exactly what they were doing, because they published it for everyone and they said so.

Now, in doing research this morning, I learned something new to me. The guy who led the bat coronavirus research at EcoHealth that got grants from the NIH is on the main WHO Mission Response team - you'll read here how a group of scientists has publicly declared that this team at the WHO trafficked misinformation around the coronavirus. That's a huge conflict of interest that this EcoHealth guy was also a key person at the WHO.

Have you read the Richard Wade article? Lots of similar evidence and conclusions in this one and Wade's article. Especially noteworthy were the comments on Dr. Daszack, and the questionable use of the "loopholes" in the GoF moratorium by Fauci and Collins. This is definitely not "conspiracy theory" BS.

Deleted member 2897

Have you read the Richard Wade article? Lots of similar evidence and conclusions in this one and Wade's article. Especially noteworthy were the comments on Dr. Daszack, and the questionable use of the "loopholes" in the GoF moratorium by Fauci and Collins. This is definitely not "conspiracy theory" BS.

Well the NIH has everything on their website as I linked above. It specifically lists the funding, who its going for, and why. This doesn't mean this is where the virus came from (the Wuhan Lab), but the notion the NIH wasn't involved in this type of research is silly. I won't question the legitimacy of that type of research - I get the need for bioweapons and research in general so you can react faster with vaccines and knowledge when things happen. But yea the notion that what we can see with our own eyes is false is just 🤷‍♂️. It says so on NIH's own website...they were doing gain of function research. Then it was paused for 3 years. Then restarted, and it exists. They also list funding for the Wuhan Lab for bat coronavirus research. The guy who leads that organization that got funded helped lead the WHO's response team to covid, and has been called out by scientists as trafficking in misinformation. Its all in the public domain.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The NIH published the cease of funding of the bat research via EcoHealth on their own ****ing website in April of last year LOL. Just because you say it’s a conspiracy theory doesn’t make it so. Wide ranging media organizations and the NIH have stated they did fund this research via EcoHealth - that’s how a lot of the money flows. It’s not always a direct funding. It is real and true and it’s a conspiracy theory to say we had no idea what we were doing. Now I don’t know where Covid came from, but that’s not the point. We do this same sort of research on genetically tweaking viruses ourselves too.
Yes, the NIH canceled the grant to EcoHealth on bat coronavirus research. Before that they asked them for specifics as to what China based participants were involved in the research EcoHealth was conducting. The answer: "I can categorically state that no funds from 2R01 AI110964-06 have been sent to Wuhan Institute of Virology, nor has any contract been signed. Furthermore we will comply with NIAID’s requirements, of course.". They canceled the grant anyways.

In looney toon land this equates to Fauci gave money to WIV for the purpose of GoF research for SARS2 and that research is what created the coronavirus in a lab which was then released to the public. It's a complete conspiracy theory and nothing else. There is no evidence of the NIH having knowledge of all of EcoHealths dealings with WIV. There is no evidence of the grant money being passed to the WIV. There is no evidence of the WIV doing any GoF research with respect to the Coronavirus. There is no evidence that the SARS2 virus ever existed in the lab at all. Etc. Etc.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The guys name is Nicholas Wade. If you are going to keep using him as an expert in this matter, which he isn't, then at least get his name right.

Deleted member 2897

Yes, the NIH canceled the grant to EcoHealth on bat coronavirus research. Before that they asked them for specifics as to what China based participants were involved in the research EcoHealth was conducting. The answer: "I can categorically state that no funds from 2R01 AI110964-06 have been sent to Wuhan Institute of Virology, nor has any contract been signed. Furthermore we will comply with NIAID’s requirements, of course.". They canceled the grant anyways.

In looney toon land this equates to Fauci gave money to WIV for the purpose of GoF research for SARS2 and that research is what created the coronavirus in a lab which was then released to the public. It's a complete conspiracy theory and nothing else. There is no evidence of the NIH having knowledge of all of EcoHealths dealings with WIV. There is no evidence of the grant money being passed to the WIV. There is no evidence of the WIV doing any GoF research with respect to the Coronavirus. There is no evidence that the SARS2 virus ever existed in the lab at all. Etc. Etc.

If the NIH didn't ever fund bat research in the Wuhan Lab through EcoHealth, why would they have anything to cancel?

Here is one of your joyous fact checking websites:

"In 2014, the NIH granted an award to the EcoHealth Alliance, a New York-based environmental health nonprofit, for a research project on bat coronaviruses. As part of that project, the nonprofit worked with researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology."

Note that continued funding for EcoHealth was canceled last spring, after 6 years of work and funding. So basically you're correct in that funding was canceled. The main thesis of your assertion is thusly proven false that it never existed. Its in the public domain everywhere, including on NIH's website. If there was never any funding or work, then there wouldn't have been anything to cancel.

Here is an article from an asian news site from a year ago. It provides citations to sources and data that shows how several million dollars over the years has gone to fund these virology programs at the Wuhan Lab:

And yes, specifically gain of function research:
"In 2019, with the backing of NIAID, the National Institutes of Health committed $3.7 million over six years for research that included some gain-of-function work. The program followed another $3.7 million, 5-year project for collecting and studying bat coronaviruses, which ended in 2019, bringing the total to $7.4 million."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.