Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I mean, 40k cases a day on the seven day average is certainly not over. We have great momentum right now but we need to keep our foot on the pedal and not get complacent. But my opinion or your opinion of what we should be doing now or in the fall isn't all that relevant. If we don't continue to get vaccinated and crush cases then the CDC, doctors, public health experts, and state health departments aren't going to ease up the guidelines and recommendations that most public schools are following.

The gist of your statement "We have great momentum right now but we need to keep our foot on the pedal and not get complacent" is spot on in my opinion. But I wouldn't hold your breath for the CDC and others to ever ease up the guidelines. I mean they still state openly that although there is no scientific evidence that you can get covid when alone outside by yourself, nor has there ever been, only a week ago did they say that most people could stop wearing masks. But to this day, all alone outside and by themselves the CDC states children should wear masks. LOL. All these ridiculous guidelines and recommendations has led to a situation where 2-3x as many white children have returned to in person learning compared to black and latino children. That is going to absolutely devastate those communities.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sheep GIF

Come on sheeple. Your kids don't need a covid vaccine. This is nothing more than mass hysteria if it's come to this.
You worry about your kids and let others worry about theirs.

Deleted member 2897

On the right, click on Susan Collins' conversation with CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, then it will jump to it.

Susan Collins says: "I always considered the CDC to be the gold standard. I don't anymore." She then gave 3 reasons: (1) the CDC changing their guidance after meeting with a teacher's union, (2) the CDC stating that masks need to be worn outside despite not a single case of transmission being reported anywhere in the entire world in the last year through casual outdoor contact...and certainly not when people were outside and alone, and (3) the continued draconian camp guidelines, where the CDC is stating (among other things) that masks need to be worn at all times - even if kids are outside running around and spread out.

Dr. Wallensky of course didn't really have an answer for anything. On the outside transmission point, she referenced a study that generically said less than 10% of transmission was outdoors...without noting that those points of transmission were at large rallies, gatherings, and events. And on the camp piece, she totally bastardized the science, stating that on May 11th last year we had 24,000 new cases and as of right now we have 38,000 new cases every day. The 24,000 last year was a single day number, whereas the 38,000 number she gave for now is a 7-day average...which is dropping precipitously. Comparing the day of the week May 11th last year to this year occurs a couple days ago, which was 21,000 cases. You have to compare daily case numbers to the same weekly average or monthly average or single day of the week. In other words, if you want to compare new case numbers on a single day of Sunday, you have to compare it to other Sundays. The fact she doesn't know all this, or the fact she does but chose to try and trick people is just obscene and makes Susan Collins' point to a T.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
The gist of your statement "We have great momentum right now but we need to keep our foot on the pedal and not get complacent" is spot on in my opinion. But I wouldn't hold your breath for the CDC and others to ever ease up the guidelines. I mean they still state openly that although there is no scientific evidence that you can get covid when alone outside by yourself, nor has there ever been, only a week ago did they say that most people could stop wearing masks. But to this day, all alone outside and by themselves the CDC states children should wear masks. LOL. All these ridiculous guidelines and recommendations has led to a situation where 2-3x as many white children have returned to in person learning compared to black and latino children. That is going to absolutely devastate those communities.
On that point (outdoor risk):
And yet even with this approach, they found a minuscule share of total transmission to have occurred outdoors. In the paper with 95 supposedly outdoor cases from Singapore, those cases nonetheless made up less than 1 percent of the total. A study from Ireland, which seems to have been more precise about the definition of outdoors, put the share of such transmission at 0.1 percent. A study of 7,324 cases from China found a single instance of outdoor transmission, involving a conversation between two people.

“I’m sure it’s possible for transmission to occur outdoors in the right circumstances,” Dr. Aaron Richterman of the University of Pennsylvania told me, “but if we had to put a number on it, I would say much less than 1 percent.”
Vaxxed and outside? Absolutely no reason to be masked.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

That NY Times article is a complete and full takedown and indictment of the CDC.
I came over to reference that NYT piece. The CDC has created so much confusion by failing to give the public ANY credit to be able to understand information & think for themselves. At every turn, the CDC has been so over-cautious... it's a version of the boy who cried wolf. Even when they are correct, you wonder.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Fauci tries to cover his a** AGAIN in a Senate hearing held today (5/11/2021). The man is a liar and a fraud and probably a traitor.

Wow. Big news. Fauci very carefully doesn't answer the questions. I smell a rat:

"We have not funded gain of function research on this virus in the Wuhan Institute of Virology," he added.
"No matter how many times you say it, it didn’t happen."

So...did you fund other gain of function research? (yes)

Did you fund other virus research with the Wuhan Institute of Virology? (yes)

oh boy...

/

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
Wow. Big news. Fauci very carefully doesn't answer the questions. I smell a rat:

So...did you fund other gain of function research? (yes)

Did you fund other virus research with the Wuhan Institute of Virology? (yes)

oh boy...

/
It’s how the DC weasel word game is played. The funded the building, they funded equipment for the research, they funded the scientists, they funded all kinds of other stuff but they absolutely did not fund THAT specific research on THAT specific virus at THAT specific time in THAT specific manner you’re asking and they certainly did not fund it directly, they used an intermediary they could blame a mistake on should one happen.

That being said you all are barking up the wrong tree. WIV was not the source.

Deleted member 2897

Wow, absolutely schooled. Stay with it past the first minute and you’ll be rewarded.

Perhaps my favorite part is at the very very end where he laughs at the idiot wearing a mask despite the fact everybody in the room (and the guy wearing the mask) has been vaccinated.

Deleted member 2897

A straight forward reply tweet.

That is correct, and yes a large percentage of deaths are in Florida - they are one of the last few places with terrible numbers. Lots of old people who aren’t vaccinated. Last I looked there are several hundred thousand seniors in that state who aren’t vaccinated (no kidding).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That is correct, and yes a large percentage of deaths are in Florida - they are one of the last few places with terrible numbers. Lots of old people who aren’t vaccinated. Last I looked there are several hundred thousand seniors in that state who aren’t vaccinated (no kidding).
Washington and Oregon are gaining on Florida. We could have a scary few months if things don't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.